Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 09:33 AM

31 posts, read 25,914 times

Advertisements

We need to keep them out of the UK, we need stricter border control and we should have a system similar to the US.

When I finished university I couldn't find a full-time job, had no money but I couldn't get any benefits and had to move back in with my parents as I was still technically a student, even though I had finished my studies.

Other people come from other countries and can get all sorts of hand-outs and things.

They are called ILLEGAL immigrants for a reason, they are not LEGAL. Keep them out, only add people who can contribute to our society and allow a LIMITED number of other immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 09:39 AM

401 posts, read 534,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Just don't forget to add, Kathryn, that at that point in time America was supporting the same forces as Osama Bin Laden. Back then - those two were working hand in hand. Against the Russians, of course, that had BIG concerns for creation of Islamic state on the border with its own Islamic population, that Russians were de-islamisizing in consistent manner, though all the years of their ruling over the region.
Overall I have to note that Saudis and the US are so closely intertwined ( for obvious reasons,) that no politics of Saudis go without American approval.
Here is just the latest example of it, when it comes to Syria.

The Secret Stupid Saudi-US Deal on Syria. Oil Gas Pipeline War | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

At the end - it's all about oil and world domination for the US.
And next you are going to claim that CIA stood behind 9/11 - and that the jews are to be blamed for mad cows desease..

Old 09-11-2015, 09:45 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
Quote:
Please keep your fairy-tales for someone else.
If the US pulls out from Euro bases, it's more like Germany will be free to do what it's pleased to do.
Yeah, that's more like it. And that's a concern for the US. Big concern.
The opposite is true.

The U.S has been closing its bases in Germany for the last 20 years. Germany is begging the U.S. to not close the remaining few bases, because the U.S. is providing military protection and an economic boost to the host cities.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:46 AM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
And next you are going to claim that CIA stood behind 9/11 - and that the jews are to be blamed for mad cows desease..
No I don't claim that CIA stood behind 9/11. (Although there seems to be a lot of material circulating in the net on a subject.)
I simply consider Islam to be a global threat serious enough to produce something like 9/11.
( Yes I do take the threat of Islam rather seriously.)

And Jews? I'm sure that Israel's politics ( backed by the US) bring a lot of complications in the world's affairs, but...
Jews want to survive ( and to keep their state alive.) I can't blame them for that.

So I blame the Britons instead for the mad cows disease somehow))))

Old 09-11-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
Of course it's true. Putin said it, so it must be correct!

Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,464,072 times
Quote:
Just don't forget to add, Kathryn, that at that point in time America was supporting the same forces as Osama Bin Laden. Back then - those two were working hand in hand. Against the Russians, of course, that had BIG concerns for creation of Islamic state on the border with its own Islamic population, that Russians were de-islamisizing in consistent manner, though all the years of their ruling over the region.
Overall I have to note that Saudis and the US are so closely intertwined ( for obvious reasons,) that no politics of Saudis go without American approval.
Here is just the latest example of it, when it comes to Syria.

The Secret Stupid Saudi-US Deal on Syria. Oil Gas Pipeline War | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

At the end - it's all about oil and world domination for the US.
Problem with that theory is that Obama just cut a major deal with Iran to allow them start their nuclear program, remove sanctions and allow their crude to hit the market. I'm willing to bet the Saudis are not supporting this deal and pissed at Obama. It's no secret that the Saudis are supporting ISIS and want Assad gone and want to hurt Iran. Obama is pretty terrible at foreign policy and wants his legacy to be remembered as someone who brought peace and settled deals. He would much rather deal with US issues than geo politics.

The pipeline theory is interesting however with recent technology developments, there is an ocean of natural gas under the US and the largest crude find ever as well. Combine that with the sands in Canada, the US has plenty of crude, Obama just needs to be able to pass a deal to sell un processed crude on the global market.

Bin Laden's main focus against the US was the presence of western troops stationed in SA. Thats no secret either. The US and SA have had a long relationship for better or worse. Most would like to see that relationship end. The US and most of the developed worlds economy is dependent on a stable price of crude. OPEC controls that price on the global market. If oil goes up too much, economies will start to slow. Just about everything you own is tied to oil.

Its not world domination, just a stable global economy. Look at the power vacuum that happened after the Soviets left the Balkans. A super power presence does help in a lot of situations. There is no way a few European countries could control what happened in Bosnia.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
We need to keep them out of the UK, we need stricter border control and we should have a system similar to the US.

When I finished university I couldn't find a full-time job, had no money but I couldn't get any benefits and had to move back in with my parents as I was still technically a student, even though I had finished my studies.

Other people come from other countries and can get all sorts of hand-outs and things.

They are called ILLEGAL immigrants for a reason, they are not LEGAL. Keep them out, only add people who can contribute to our society and allow a LIMITED number of other immigrants.
I found it interesting the amount if ex-pat British that live in the Mid East working for oil companies that hate what London has become and how $$$ it is to live there.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:53 AM

26,784 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The opposite is true.

The U.S has been closing its bases in Germany for the last 20 years.
So how come they are still not closed? ( Hint - they will be never closed.)

Quote:
Germany is begging the U.S. to not close the remaining few bases, because the U.S. is providing military protection and an economic boost to the host cities.
I never said that Germany's public ( and politicians in particular) are unanimous on the subject of the US.
More than that - there are plenty of Germans who hated and will always greatly dislike Russians. They give their preference to the US for a number of reasons ( those you've mentioned including.)
Overall I'd say that there is a split in public opinion in "Old Europe."
Some are pro-American, some are definitely not.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
So how come they are still not closed? ( Hint - they will be never closed.)
I don't know what you're asking? The U.S. never said it would have zero presence in Europe, and that would impossible given NATO.

Your claim was that the U.S. was imposing itself on Europe, when the opposite is true, and European countries are begging for a U.S. presence. Especially in Eastern Europe, given the Russian threat, the Baltics, Ukraine, Poland and the like would LOVE a U.S. military presence but the U.S. is unlikely to agree.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't know what you're asking? The U.S. never said it would have zero presence in Europe, and that would impossible given NATO.

Your claim was that the U.S. was imposing itself on Europe, when the opposite is true, and European countries are begging for a U.S. presence. Especially in Eastern Europe, given the Russian threat, the Baltics, Ukraine, Poland and the like would LOVE a U.S. military presence but the U.S. is unlikely to agree.
Dont forget the massive US military build up to conduct exercises in eastern Europe over the past year. Most people are oblivious to the massive build up in the Pacific as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe