Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 07:32 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
How do Europeans feel about their nations welcoming their extinction with applause?
Europeans definitely didn't care when they killed other nations to extinction, did they?

History aside, I applaud Germany for such a noble reaction. It is a truly great nation. I have less respect for the UK - which should do far more, especially it created so much of the mess in the middle east in the first place and never hesitate to meddle further as an accomplice of the US.

Germany stands out as a true leader of Europe with a sense of responsibly, not petty narcissism about "the white race" or whether the voters will be displeased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 07:39 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Europeans definitely didn't care when they killed other nations to extinction, did they?

History aside, I applaud Germany for such a noble reaction. It is a truly great nation. I have less respect for the UK - which should do far more, especially it created so much of the mess in the middle east in the first place and never hesitate to meddle further as an accomplice of the US.

Germany stands out as a true leader of Europe with a sense of responsibly, not petty narcissism about "the white race" or whether the voters will be displeased.
"Are we not racist yet?" will make a wonderful epitaph for Germany.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:45 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:

Lol ok. You can go ahead and think that it's because Germany is such a morally superior country but the truth of the matter is that Germany has ulterior motives for its open arms:

Which countries are in the best position to take migrants? - BBC News

As does Sweden. They need bodies to replace their falling population and that's the purpose these "refugees" will serve. The UK, with a population forecast to burgeon in coming decades, does not. So at the end of the day, it all comes down to $$$. Sorry to say it. The German economy cannot remain competitive if the population is dropping as fast as it's supposed to. They want the people who make it all the way to Germany because those are the people who are willing to work the hardest to achieve a goal. A bit one dimensional if you ask me, but hey, I thankfully don't live there. I say send them all to Germany and Sweden, see how their little experiment works out.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:53 AM

In fact, if Germany was so morally superior, they'd actually be doing what the UK is doing - going to the Middle East and finding the most vulnerable and weakest of the Syrians and giving THEM refugee status, not the pushy, trash throwing, law breaking smuglees.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:54 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Pretty much, yeah. They're destroying their country in a misguided attempt to "prove" their worthiness as a benevolent power.

At this rate, they won't have to worry about being a power, benevolent or otherwise, much longer. The German nation-state probably has 40 more years, at most.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:17 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Here is something to think about -- very concerning, but may be too late.

Raging Horror Confirmed at Austria Italy Border – Mid-East Muslim “Refugees” Go On Rampage…. | The Last Refuge

Old 09-10-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Lol ok. You can go ahead and think that it's because Germany is such a morally superior country but the truth of the matter is that Germany has ulterior motives for its open arms:

Which countries are in the best position to take migrants? - BBC News

As does Sweden. They need bodies to replace their falling population and that's the purpose these "refugees" will serve. The UK, with a population forecast to burgeon in coming decades, does not. So at the end of the day, it all comes down to $$$. Sorry to say it. The German economy cannot remain competitive if the population is dropping as fast as it's supposed to. They want the people who make it all the way to Germany because those are the people who are willing to work the hardest to achieve a goal. A bit one dimensional if you ask me, but hey, I thankfully don't live there. I say send them all to Germany and Sweden, see how their little experiment works out.
I had read that article.

However, it doesn't change a bit the fact that Germany is being noble. Not everyone among the refugees are suitable for being cheap labour and Germany isn't selecting who can stay and who can't. To use this to deny the nobility is very small minded, selfish and only shows the reporter's own dark side. And you think the sheer number of Syrian refugees is gonna change the declining trend of German population?

Considering the fact that the UK single-handedly created most of the chaos and instability in the Middle East, it should be doing far more than Germany, if it is a respectable country. The US should take more, but of course it is only noble and humanitarian in words.

The BBC is only looking for excuses so that itself doesn't look so embarrassing selfish compared with Germany right now. It even reported that 400 ISIS members got to the UK pretending as immigrants, just to prove why they are not doing much. It is pathetic and I lost all respect for this country which I didn't respect much to start with.

Last edited by botticelli; 09-10-2015 at 11:37 AM..

Old 09-10-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Pretty much, yeah. They're destroying their country in a misguided attempt to "prove" their worthiness as a benevolent power.

At this rate, they won't have to worry about being a power, benevolent or otherwise, much longer. The German nation-state probably has 40 more years, at most.
Fortunately Germany is not as small minded as you are, and probably being a German nation state isn't exactly a priority at this moment when hundreds of thousands of lives are at stake. Of course for people like you, it doesn't matter. Let them die or struggle, who cares, they are so far away in the annoying Middle East. Just don't bother my peaceful life.

I am just so shocked at how cynical people like you are. Germany may not be trying to "prove" anything, and it has been a benevolent power for decades, unlike the US which is only a saint in words and never hesitate to instigate chaos and instability in every parts of the world as long as it benefits its own dominance.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
The Syrians are Caucasians. There is no race difference here. If you look at the face of those immigrants, there is hardly much difference from many Europeans, especially the southerners.

People like you are disgraceful. If someone else did a great thing, yes, it must be due to ulterior motivations! I am sure you apply that kind of philosophy in life.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I had read that article.

However, it doesn't change a bit the fact that Germany is being noble. Not everyone among the refugees are suitable for being cheap labour and Germany isn't selecting who can stay and who can't. To use this to deny the nobility is very small minded, selfish and only shows the reporter's own dark side. And you think the sheer number of Syrian refugees is gonna change the declining trend of German population?

Considering the fact that the UK single-handedly created most of the chaos and instability in the Middle East, it should be doing far more than Germany, if it is a respectable country. The US should take more, but of course it is only noble and humanitarian in words.
No, it's NOT noble. People like you are so caught up riding your moral high horses that you FORGET that people are drowning and dying every day to get to Europe and this "come here by any means" attitude just makes it worse. It encourages human trafficking, ISIS revenue (from smugglers for protection), death, etc. How about actually focusing on a plan to help the refugees where they are or finding safer ways of getting them there at the very least, instead of blaming the US and UK? (I notice Russia was conveniently left out of the discussion even though they're the main culprit.) And it's NOT the most vulnerable populations that are coming, those people don't have the means to leave. It's the strongest, most able-bodied men and women. And half aren't even FROM Syria! Guess it's survival of the fittest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe