Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2016, 09:25 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,465,786 times

Advertisements

Home sweet home? Putin offers disillusioned British citizens FREE LAND in Russia | World | News | Daily Express
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 09:46 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
[quote=improb;43975653] /QUOTE]

OK about Islam first: I am not saying Christianity is better but the key here is to read between the lines and understand the extent to which people believe. In Europe many people call themselves "christian" but are really just atheists who like to celebrate christmas . Many of these people don't visit churches or believe in God. In Islam it's the exact opposite: They believe and believe enough to kill the infidels, which is justified by their faith. I am not saying all of them are like that of course. But consider one Iran: 97% Muslim of 70 million people. Even if 1% of them are 'martyrs' this will result in thousands of terrorists who can come to the EU.

That's why I'd rather support what one American TV host had suggested(forgot his name...) to create buffer zone by nato in Syria and host them there, instead of Europe. If the Germans are so keen on paying for refugees, it makes no difference for them whether they pay for Syria or pay for Germany which will also "by the way" expose to risk all other countries involved.

I've never been to the north of Europe but I've been to Italy many years ago and basically liked it, so no I don't have negative experience. I also know what do you mean about the gypsies, it's the same where I live, yet there are so few of them that I can't think of them as the biggest problem any country will face.

Finally about independence: Who says I want my country to be vs the world, "North Korea" style? You may have noticed some of my posts to erasure here about a possible union between Eastern Europe independent of American led NATO or Belgium led EU.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:34 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/european/co..._situation_in/

I want to leave Germany. How is the situation in the neighbor states?:

"I am increasingly unhappy with the recent development here, but I'm not up to date with the neighbors. Can you guys answer a few questions? I'm considering something not too far away, like the Netherlands, Swiss, or Austria.
How's the immigration situation?
How's the drug policy?
How's the government in general? Left/right/authoritarian/libertarian etc."

Old 05-10-2016, 02:40 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,059,322 times
and now we're back to trawling reddit to find 'evidence'

Old 05-10-2016, 02:41 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,022,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
and now we're back to trawling reddit to find 'evidence'
the european reddit is somehow hijackedl literally by white nazis. I agree with the anti-Islamic sentiment but try expressing support for Israel there and watch the replies.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:56 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/european/co..._situation_in/

I want to leave Germany. How is the situation in the neighbor states?:

"I am increasingly unhappy with the recent development here, but I'm not up to date with the neighbors. Can you guys answer a few questions? I'm considering something not too far away, like the Netherlands, Swiss, or Austria.
How's the immigration situation?
How's the drug policy?
How's the government in general? Left/right/authoritarian/libertarian etc."
I would favor Austria, the immigration situation is similar as in Germany but it seems that the public opinion is changing and the right party going to take over power, which I approve. As a German you can easily move there (not so to Switzerland).

I don't care about drugs, do you take drugs or why are you asking? Meth is legal in Czech Republic and they have no Muslims, and you have liberal gun laws as far as I know.

Austria has also a way more liberal gun law than Germany, shotguns are free to purchase for adults, licences for bolt action rifles and I think even handguns are easily to get, though no carrying permits are issued. But you can still defend your home and the population is not left completely defenceless as in Germany. I think the Netherlands, France and UK are worse of then Germany.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:36 AM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
the european reddit is somehow hijackedl literally by white nazis. I agree with the anti-Islamic sentiment but try expressing support for Israel there and watch the replies.
Yep, it's become Stormfront 2.0, the only mod who tried to show a stronger hand was kicked out (it was a decent place to have a discussion about European problems at first). The problem is that the place isn't moderated well and the situation has gone for the worse. It would be like having a City Data full of DaveCoe and svenM

Old 05-11-2016, 11:42 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Yep, it's become Stormfront 2.0, the only mod who tried to show a stronger hand was kicked out (it was a decent place to have a discussion about European problems at first). The problem is that the place isn't moderated well and the situation has gone for the worse. It would be like having a City Data full of DaveCoe and svenM
Seriously, do you consider me that extremist? I am just saying my opinion what's going on, I didn't start the debate about Cologne and the like here, but since these events are a topic here, I express my opinion.

Italy is overrun by Muslims as well, do you consider this to be a good thing?

Old 05-11-2016, 04:35 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
Seriously, do you consider me that extremist? I am just saying my opinion what's going on, I didn't start the debate about Cologne and the like here, but since these events are a topic here, I express my opinion.

Italy is overrun by Muslims as well, do you consider this to be a good thing?
Yeah, although you tend to explain your reasonings better than most of the users of that kind, i prefer reading you. Anyone who thinks the FPO and AFD are the right party or who opposes the steps who have been taken on the social camp (same sex marriages, abortion, ecc.) is an extremist to me.

Italy isn't overrun by Muslims, they are 2-3% of the population, i don't care about the presence of Muslims as long as they are secularized, profess their religion and customs in private and adapt to ours in public settings. I think those customs of their culture who are incompatible with ours must be curbed out, that said i'm not against immigration but i just think that the integration process should be arranged differently to filter any kind of threat to our society.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I would favor Austria, the immigration situation is similar as in Germany but it seems that the public opinion is changing and the right party going to take over power, which I approve. As a German you can easily move there (not so to Switzerland).

I don't care about drugs, do you take drugs or why are you asking? Meth is legal in Czech Republic and they have no Muslims, and you have liberal gun laws as far as I know.

Austria has also a way more liberal gun law than Germany, shotguns are free to purchase for adults, licences for bolt action rifles and I think even handguns are easily to get, though no carrying permits are issued. But you can still defend your home and the population is not left completely defenceless as in Germany. I think the Netherlands, France and UK are worse of then Germany.
That's true but there's already a significant number of migrants already accepted in Austria. However I agree in the long run Austria will be better off than Germany. Also Denmark is stable compared to Germany and Sweden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe