Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 08:31 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Like you care! You phony!!
I only care about Sicily and Italy.

Others can do what the hell they want
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 08:40 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Wouldn't mind refugees at all for as long as they're Arabs but not Muslims. For example, 23% of the population of Saudi Arabia are atheists. Such people can contribute greatly to a country they immigrate to. I also won't mind non-observant Muslims, such as: those who don't pray or who don't believ in martyrdom. Yet I won't mind if they eat halal only, pay attention to ramadan, dress as they wish etc. Ideally, we should have more immigrants from the Arab world or even better: jews(though they won't immigrate due to high standard of living...) + less visitors from the West/Russi and less integration with them too.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:06 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,368,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Wouldn't mind refugees at all for as long as they're Arabs but not Muslims. For example, 23% of the population of Saudi Arabia are atheists. Such people can contribute greatly to a country they immigrate to. I also won't mind non-observant Muslims, such as: those who don't pray or who don't believ in martyrdom. Yet I won't mind if they eat halal only, pay attention to ramadan, dress as they wish etc. Ideally, we should have more immigrants from the Arab world or even better: jews(though they won't immigrate due to high standard of living...) + less visitors from the West/Russi and less integration with them too.
It's really a stereotype that all Middle Easterners are militant. Some are devout without being radical. Many are fairly easy-going with regard to religion, and yes, I've met at least one atheist Middle Easterner here in Canada. Not all migrants are interested in harassing or frightening Europeans, far from it. A few bad eggs cause major headaches for everyone.

Jews won't move to Europe because of anti-semitic attacks. Many have left Paris in the past few years, for example.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:30 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
It's really a stereotype that all Middle Easterners are militant. Some are devout without being radical. Many are fairly easy-going with regard to religion, and yes, I've met at least one atheist Middle Easterner here in Canada. Not all migrants are interested in harassing or frightening Europeans, far from it. A few bad eggs cause major headaches for everyone.

Jews won't move to Europe because of anti-semitic attacks. Many have left Paris in the past few years, for example.
There's no such thing as "Europe". If you think moving to Europe is the same everywhere then you should think that Belarus and Monaco are the same as they're one country. Jews living France could mean Jews being more welcomed in Germany or Bulgaria. Europe is very diverse and different.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:19 PM

121 posts, read 164,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I keep seeing statistics like these.....that an overwhelming majority of the migrants are unmarried males. So I googled this subject and looked at a dozen different sources and it does appear to be the case. While the media and those who are pro-migrant talk about helping women and children, if we're seeing 75 to 90 percent of them being unmarried males....that's an entirely different situation isn't it ?

This whole migrant thing that is currently happening is a disaster in the making. Europe is seeing millions of people from a VASTLY different culture, where women aren't of much if any value, being dropped into a free and open society that is about as different as could be from their home countries. Many it would seem have no idea how to act properly in a civilized society where women are treated as equals and religion is a private thing separate from the issues of state....how can anyone not see and recognize this disaster in the making ?

People can change and adapt from one culture to another....but it takes a very long time and also a desire to actually assimilate. From what I've seen, many of the immigrants don't share the values of the west, and wish to implement their own rules/laws on the host nations once they get a foot hold. That perhaps wouldn't be a serious problem if they shared some core values....but the two cultures are about 179 degrees opposite of each other, and you'd think anyone with an ounce of common sense could see that's a serious problem. It's literally cultural suicide for the host nation.
This is so true, and such a tragedy. I hope Europeans wise up before it's too late and their beautiful way of life and cultural heritage is destroyed. People especially need to take a stand against these horrible misogynists and protect their girls and women. The attitudes and behavior of extremist muslims is deplorable.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:13 PM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419 View Post
I hope Europeans wise up before it's too late and their beautiful way of life and cultural heritage is destroyed.
Beautiful way of life? Are you also jealous of that 30-year old adult who lives high on the credit-card, and in his parents' basement?

Because that's exactly how Europeans countries live. They can't afford their programs anymore, even though they have people taxed to death.

And Europe does not even pay for its national self-defense. Let's see what happens when US pulls out, which it eventually will do. Nothing lasts forever.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:55 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,558,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Beautiful way of life? Are you also jealous of that 30-year old adult who lives high on the credit-card, and in his parents' basement?

Because that's exactly how Europeans countries live. They can't afford their programs anymore, even though they have people taxed to death.

And Europe does not even pay for its national self-defense. Let's see what happens when US pulls out, which it eventually will do. Nothing lasts forever.
What

OMG!!!

Old 07-11-2016, 06:29 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post

I moved out from home when I was 21. I'd done it earlier, but I had to do a one-year military conscription. I'm a Sergeant in the reserve.

And do you know that the US has one brigade and two regimental combat teams in Europe? And some 50 tanks. You already pulled out. Half of the US Army and USAF currently in Europe are medical, technical and aerial supply troops -> not combat forces. Do you also know that Britain, France and Germany are in the top 10 in military spending globally?

Old 07-12-2016, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
I moved out from home when I was 21. I'd done it earlier, but I had to do a one-year military conscription. I'm a Sergeant in the reserve.

And do you know that the US has one brigade and two regimental combat teams in Europe? And some 50 tanks. You already pulled out. Half of the US Army and USAF currently in Europe are medical, technical and aerial supply troops -> not combat forces. Do you also know that Britain, France and Germany are in the top 10 in military spending globally?
NATO is Europe's national defense, plain and simple, while it is useless for protecting US soil. It has been so since 1949, and still is. USA provides about 2/3 of NATO readiness and capabilities. No other country comes close.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:51 AM

Europe (with "Europe" I mean its elites, since people follow them like the sheep) has been trying to create this superstate -- EU, for over 120 years. Its pilot project -- Yugoslavia -- was a disaster. But they never learn. Now they want to do this for the whole Continent.

Most EU elites are now leftists, which have always spell disaster for societies they rule.

I will also put the track-record of Right-wingers such as Churchill, Reagan, Thatcher, Kohl, John Paul II, Eisenhower, etc against any leftist.

Modern multicultural leftists are as destructive as their more brutal ones. It's that modern leftists want the same transformation, albeit with gradual steps and camouflaged intentions.

Tactics have changed. End-result has not. And that is destruction of civil societies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe