Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think eastern European countries will be as diverse as France and England?
Yes 2 4.76%
No 40 95.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 06:41 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,024,072 times

Advertisements

According to your chart Denmark is less diverse than Italy? 0_0

That's it...I am going there to enrich their culture and steal their wallets...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2016, 03:25 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
There's a higher % of foreign born in Frankfurt than in London. Germany is absolutely very diverse in terms of foreign-born.

Speaking generally, % foreign born is heavily correlated with major cities. There aren't many foreign-born in villages in Germany, France or the UK.
This has got absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making?

Old 07-15-2016, 04:39 AM

750 posts, read 908,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato2 View Post
Do you think eastern European countries will ever get as diverse as some western European countries such as France and England?

Eastern European countries such as... and Ukraine.
Depends on the region. Diversity in rural areas is minimal, and in large cities diversity is very strong. Specifically in Kharkiv there are three large communities- Vietnamese, Blacks from Africa and Muslim Arabs from the Medical University. Recently, some thousands immigrants comes from Central Asia and China. The total number of students-foreigners about 30000, the total number of nonSlavs more than 100 000. But Kharkiv is total leader in Ukraine on the amount of foreigners, in other cities a situation is more modest.

Specifically on racism - it may sound strange, but fewer problems with blacks from Africa, and most problems - with Arab Muslims. Attitude to Vietnameses are neutral, but they are less integrated.

Old 07-15-2016, 05:18 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas1973 View Post
Talking about racially diversity seems to be an American thing. The U.S. seems to be the only country where statisticians and people think in terms of races. A black American and a white American are surely less diverse than a native French and an Italian that emigrated to France.

I wouldn't be surprised if it would be helpful if the U.S. and Americans would stop thinking in terms of races.
Good luck with that.

There's a lot of power, money and influence to be gained by the race hustlers.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:08 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
This has got absolutely nothing to do with the point I was making?
It completely contradicts your point. So yeah, it has everything to do with your previous statement.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:38 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,926,002 times
No welfare there so you don't see too many flocking.

Old 07-15-2016, 01:46 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
It completely contradicts your point. So yeah, it has everything to do with your previous statement.
Really? And how exactly does it 'contradict my point'??? Here is what I said again:-

You may be right but you to seem to have fallen into the category of people that think only London and Paris are racially diverse in the UK and France respectively which is not the case.

I fail to see how what you said about Frankfurt and villages contradicts this exactly? Unless you actually believe either that 1. London and Paris are the ONLY towns and cities in the whole of the UK and France or that 2. You actually believe that the other cities in both countries are not diverse (both of which are nonsense).

Old 07-15-2016, 01:55 PM

322 posts, read 479,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You may be right but you to seem to have fallen into the category of people that think only London and Paris are racially diverse in the UK and France respectively which is not the case.
The are many areas in the UK where 95-99% are ethnic british, you hardly find areas like that in Netherlands or Even in Western Germany or flanders (dutch speaking belgium).

Old 07-15-2016, 02:23 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
The are many areas in the UK where 95-99% are ethnic british, you hardly find areas like that in Netherlands or Even in Western Germany or flanders (dutch speaking belgium).
Are you sure? A typical village in Western Germany will be almost 100% ethnic German. The only diversity will be between Catholics and Lutherans.

Obviously big cities in Western Germany are VERY diverse, but the villages have barely any diversity. They were probably more diverse before WW2, when these villages would have Jews, Gypsies and the like. My father's village, which has no diversity now, still has a Jewish cemetery outside of town. It's only 60 km or so west of Frankfurt.

Old 07-15-2016, 02:26 PM

322 posts, read 479,651 times
Quote:
Are you sure? A typical village in Western Germany will be almost 100% ethnic German. The only diversity will be between Catholics and Lutherans.

Obviously big cities in Western Germany are VERY diverse, but the villages have barely any diversity. They were probably more diverse before WW2, when these villages would have Jews, Gypsies and the like. My father's village, which has no diversity now, still has a Jewish cemetery outside of town. It's only 60 km or so west of Frankfurt.

Then you havent been to many areas of germany. I see foreigners in every corner. maybe if you count villages with 500 people, but any place with 10.000 + people in germany is now packed with people with non-german background.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe