Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think eastern European countries will be as diverse as France and England?
Yes 2 4.76%
No 40 95.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 01:03 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless2gloat View Post
No black person has been shot by police officers in Europe. let alone UK. or any other part of the world except for US.
This is a pretty stupid comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 01:44 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
I did not deny that there is racism in America! Obviously there is, since the slavery days when White Briton colonialists settled here. Most African-Americans have British names, inherited from the names of their White masters who were mainly of British descent. America has come a long way, but there are still hinderances. You on the other hand was trying to paint a picture that Brits weren't racists. Of course, they are! Aborigines in Australia were practically exterminated by White British colonialists, so did Apartheid in Southern Africa began in the Cape colony (British colony) before it became the law of the land.
I have not tried 'painting that picture at all!', go back and read again, unfortunately there are racist 'bigots' everywhere on the planet, however you can't just say 'Brits are racist'! Like a majority of the worlds population a vast majority of British people are not racist, I suggest you get out and see the world a bit more before coming out with such outrageous generalisations.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:00 AM

820 posts, read 954,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I have not tried 'painting that picture at all!', go back and read again, unfortunately there are racist 'bigots' everywhere on the planet, however you can't just say 'Brits are racist'! Like a majority of the worlds population a vast majority of British people are not racist, I suggest you get out and see the world a bit more before coming out with such outrageous generalisations.
3 years ago, Brits were not racist.
Today, they are...
But in the USA, it is at its worst. If I were black, I would not go to the USA but no problem going to England.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:44 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasparian View Post
There are more similarities between a black American and a white American, than between an englishman and an Italian for example.
I would say that's highly debatable.

Black Americans and White Americans aren't only racially and culturally different, they usually have different backgrounds. So in the case of the Englishman and Italian, its only culture and ethnicity, but in the case of a black and white person it's culture, ethnicity and race.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:26 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
3 years ago, Brits were not racist.
Today, they are...
But in the USA, it is at its worst. If I were black, I would not go to the USA but no problem going to England.
Three years ago Brits were not racist. Then today all of a sudden they are. Must be that racist pill they imported from their friends across the big pond. In spite of that, if you were black you would have no problem going to England.

Just wondering amaroW, did you have a bad night's sleep? Today you keep putting your foot in it.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:36 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is a pretty stupid comment.
I don't often agree with you.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:53 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,432,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The majority of White Americans are not racist either. Why do you think our president is Black and serving a second term?

Old 07-31-2016, 01:33 AM

322 posts, read 479,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
The majority of White Americans are not racist either. Why do you think our president is Black and serving a second term?

Just for the same reason, you need to put a black president, a black cop/officer always in every movie, portray god a s a black person (morgan freeman) just because you feel insecure when talking about it, however you create countless of racial labels for your "minorities" such as "non-whites". Its clear you never been outside the US, it would be a eye-opener for you. Racism is highly institutionalized in the Anglosphere, unlike in most other parts of the world.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:03 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,517 times
Well who knows, who would have thought the west would be importing 3rd world immigrants? It makes NO sense.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:42 AM

322 posts, read 479,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Well who knows, who would have thought the west would be importing 3rd world immigrants? It makes NO sense.

America isnt importing that much, 90% are mexicans crossing the border, and the southern areas in the US for long time have been in hands of mexicans.. just look at the names of the cities. Its not the same as somalians going to sweden, middle easterns going to germany or congolese going to french.

Also the concept of "West" is highly outdated, we are no longer in the cold-war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe