Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think eastern European countries will be as diverse as France and England?
Yes 2 4.76%
No 40 95.24%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 08:36 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Rubbish I've been to Holland and Belgium and been in completely white areas of both, both Belgium AND Holland are significantly smaller than the UK with far less 'country areas'. Also if Germany is so much more diverse then how comes the English and French sports teams have such a high percentage of 'ethnic' athletes (particularly the Olympic teams) yet the German teams are almost all exclusively 'caucasion German'?
There are states in America which have higher percentages of Whites than in Belgium or the Netherlands, does that make the U.S. less racially diverse than Belgium or the Netherlands? Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 03:21 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato2 View Post
Do you think eastern European countries will ever get as diverse as some western European countries such as France and England? Even in Germany I still saw more diversity than any of the eastern European countries. Poland was the most homogenous country I saw in Europe.

Eastern European countries such as Poland, Belarus, and Ukraine.
No, I think for various reasons:

The countries are rather poor

The languages are difficult to learn, at least more difficult than English, French or German I guess

Muslims are not welcome, they seem to like their countries as they are, they want no diversity, which is quite reasonable in my opinion

Old 07-17-2016, 04:53 AM

827 posts, read 631,947 times
I hope for them they won't.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:16 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
There are states in America which have higher percentages of Whites than in Belgium or the Netherlands, does that make the U.S. less racially diverse than Belgium or the Netherlands? Nope.
Nevertheless Holland is far more racially diverse than Germany, I'm not sure exactly what your point is??

Old 07-17-2016, 04:19 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
What do you mean? That's diverse enough. Germany is part of Western Europe.
Isn't it obvious what I mean??? What is 'that's diverse enough' supposed to mean exactly? Is English your first language?

Old 07-17-2016, 05:31 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,024,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
The ironic part of it is that while they do not welcome outsiders, they sure welcomed the possibility of moving to the UK en masse.
Yeah, if this was true I wouldn't call them 'island monkeys' - but maybe you know better...

And now that the inselaffe are finally out the eu, they should sh*t up whining about bulgaria/romania as their supposed "goal" is achieved. But if their goal is to whine infinitly then fine, I've never liked their foggy "paradise" either.

Old 07-17-2016, 05:48 PM

671 posts, read 854,689 times
I can't believe that people are discussing the diversity of 500 person villages as an indication of the diversity of a nation. Most towns that small are going to be homogeneous anywhere in the world.

Old 07-17-2016, 07:47 PM

977 posts, read 1,011,955 times
I hope it doesn't come true. Europeans have a great culture and it doesn't need to be changed. They don't need Muslims there or anyone else. Europe for Europeans. Also I don't think Eastern Europe wants these people, they are happy with themselves. I don't think they are generous welfare states like Western Europe.

I understand these people wanting to push diversity in America or whatever but NOT in Europe that sickens me.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:08 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,915 times
No, it won't happen anytime soon, not in this lifetime.

As others have pointed out, the immigrants today want to go straight to Western countries with generous social benefits. Western countries offer all sorts of programs to help them integrate, find housing, the children get language-learning assistance in school, and so on. Eastern European countries don't offer as much assistance. And there are a lot of Western countries to try to immigrate to. Immigrants would bounce down through the list from top to bottom, and then try the U.S., Canada, Australia, etc., before considering countries outside Western Europe.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:11 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Nevertheless Holland is far more racially diverse than Germany, I'm not sure exactly what your point is??
I don't think that's true. How is Netherlands "far more racially diverse"?

If someone walks through Amsterdam and then through Stuttgart or Frankfurt or Cologne, I don't think they would sense a major difference in relative diversity. In big German cities, something like 70%+ of schoolkids are foreign born or children of foreign born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe