Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2017, 12:27 AM

526 posts, read 376,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Lol

Well, people should visit France and then Paris, instead of visiting Paris and hate France after lol (well not everyone fortunately) .

Saint-Malo is an interesting place, definitely. I don't know all these villages outside of Locronan and Rochefort...I guess they are great for a little walk and a picnic !

Britanny = cider, pancakes and kouign amann, ofc it's worth it !
Unfortunately that is what happens often in Italy. The tourists comes with cruise ship and they visit Rome and Naples and after they believe that all Italy is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2017, 12:31 AM

526 posts, read 376,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Lol

Well, people should visit France and then Paris, instead of visiting Paris and hate France after lol (well not everyone fortunately) .

Saint-Malo is an interesting place, definitely. I don't know all these villages outside of Locronan and Rochefort...I guess they are great for a little walk and a picnic !

Britanny = cider, pancakes and kouign amann, ofc it's worth it !
And the I say you a thing...I visited Paris some times and for me Paris is wonderful.. How can you hate France after visited Paris?

Old 07-08-2017, 01:28 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
And the I say you a thing...I visited Paris some times and for me Paris is wonderful.. How can you hate France after visited Paris?
people with bad taste?

Old 07-08-2017, 02:00 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Lol, there are a lot of France haters (here on citydata) after they visited Paris, infested by 'muslims'.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 AM

27,571 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
I visited Paris some times and for me Paris is wonderful.. How can you hate France after visited Paris?
They didn't spend enough time appreciating the artwork inside the Louvre. :-)

Or head to Versailles, probably.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:16 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
I don't find France beautiful and I'm French and live there, and travelled all over the country (save Corsica and the overseas territories, who all are truly beautiful though). I can give you a long list of countries that are far more beautiful then France-starting with the US of course-, or at least as picturesque. But whatever. So many people suffer a case of "the grass is greener"...

Old 07-09-2017, 11:28 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Quote:
Unfortunately that is what happens often in Italy. The tourists comes with cruise ship and they visit Rome and Naples and after they believe that all Italy is the same.
People visiting Italy then to visit lot more places than people visiting France though.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:41 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
People visiting Italy then to visit lot more places than people visiting France though.
For cities yes definitely. Because of Florence and Venise...
Else ski resorts and Cote d'Azur are full all the time...more than Italy.

But Paris is a huge magnet like Roma.

It's always the same speech, visiting only Roma in Italy or only Paris in France is exactly like visiting only NY in USA. It's missing 90% of the country :]

Old 07-09-2017, 01:10 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I don't find France beautiful and I'm French and live there, and travelled all over the country (save Corsica and the overseas territories, who all are truly beautiful though). I can give you a long list of countries that are far more beautiful then France-starting with the US of course-, or at least as picturesque. But whatever. So many people suffer a case of "the grass is greener"...
I disagree, the man made monuments are what make it beautiful along with the vineyards, coastline, and alps.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:46 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,875,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I disagree, the man made monuments are what make it beautiful along with the vineyards, coastline, and alps.

You've got superb vineyards in the Napa valley or in Franschenhoek (SA) or in Italy! the Italian, Austrian and Swiss Alps are (at least) as impressive as the French Alps, and coastlines...talking of California only, it has more than half of the length of the French coastline (not taking into account countless awesome coastlines all over the world). Then you have the famous monuments. France is not the only country to have ancient monuments, go to the Hermitage Museum in St Peterburg, or to Italy ...even Germany, where they have been beautifully restored after the war, some from scratch like the Frauenkirche in Dresden, a feat the French didn't need to accomplish since most of their monuments were spared during the war, probably-let's be a bit snarky here-brcause of Divine Protection (the Virgin Mary? some Gallic deity? ). And I'm not even talking of the incredible richness of monuments in Asia.
So no, Gallic exceptionalism is not warranted , save obviously in the minds of the (countless) Believers ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe