Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
lol, after you did tons of biased comments someone had to return back to the reality

As Pokito said, France has no Spanish beaches, the south of Spain is the warmest zone of Europe and barely Corsica has beaches compared to the ones from Alicante, Galicia or Balearic islands.

Spain dry? the NW of Spain is amongst the 5 wettest (rain related) zones of Europe lol.

Spain has 13 climates, more than half of the northern half of Spain has purely humid climates.

What have you seen in my last post? A desert and nearby a humid forest in 100km in a straight line. Who else in Europe has that?

Yes of course it is, but the thing is that you don't know it lol. From Swiss looking villages to German ones to British ones to Irish (Celtic) ones to Moroccan ones near Granada... lol the clash of cultures and architecture which happened during the history of Spain is unique too lol. Spain still has some of the best preserved Roman buildings in Europe. The aqueduct of Segovia is the biggest and most preserved from Europe.

No fairytale towns? Of course there are, many. Just as lots of fairytale castles, mansions, etc. Lol seems that you know very little about Spain outside from the stereotypical land of sun, beaches and warmth.

I was just saying that your statement is wrong. France has no Spain in the SW just as it hasn't got no Italy in the SE...
The Celtic architecture you speak of are ruins and by fairytale villages I was speaking of something with the feel of the Grimm brothers. If you can point out any specific place in Spain that looks like Great Britain or Bavaria I'd much appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 12:41 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,622,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
We can argue an entire century.

I can find unlimited things that Spain doesn't have. As well as you can find unlimited things unknown in France.

I think there's a very very strong.... 'underestimation' on both sides.

Segovia aqueduct, biggest and most preserved ? Yes, with the pont du Gard...

BUT

There's one thing I ll say that will hurt you tho, nature in Corsica totally destroys Balearic Islands. It's like putting pico de Europa in the middle of mediterranean sea with Seychelles beaches.

One day....
We should open a thread pour en découdre Junter ... Even if pigeonhole will pee on my stupidity haha
Why that would "hurt" me ? lol

Corsica has a bigger mountain range and more nature yes. But the beaches of Menorca or Formentera completely break Corsica... but I mean if we talk just about beaches. Yes, Corsica is greener and has much more nature. Besides only some islands of Greece have more beautiful beaches in Europe than Spain does and that's very well known. We are not counting the Canary Islands here of course...

Old 07-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The Celtic architecture you speak of are ruins and by fairytale villages I was speaking of something with the feel of the Grimm brothers. If you can point out any specific place in Spain that looks like Great Britain or Bavaria I'd much appreciate it.
Not really... Spain has some Celtic well preserved sites. Not all are ruins...

http://media.wsimag.com/attachments/...Pontevedra.jpg

https://blog.anida.es/wp-content/upl...ta-600x400.jpg

urlNot like the Grimm brothers, that's a Germanic tale. Swiss lookalike towns? In Aran, even the landscape is "Swiss"

Dream towns? Cudillero or Vielha for example. And many more but this is not a Spanish thread and I'm not trying to compare.

http://tierrasinlimites.com/wp-conte...a-1000x750.jpg

I was just saying that you're much biased about France as you said that France has the look of Spain in the SW and the Italian one in the SE which is not true, there is no Cádiz, Sevilla, Córdoba, Granada, Valencia etc in France as there is no Venice, Torino, Napoli etc in France.

And just as you say that Paris is unique, I say that Madrid and Barcelona are and can't be compared with nowhere else in France just as you say that about Paris. Also Rome can't be compared with nowhere else, just as Venice.

Btw I will stop to write about Spain, I just wanted to say that to you.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-10-2017 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 07-10-2017, 01:09 PM

387 posts, read 380,455 times
Junter : We feel the passion in your posts. Spain is magical, and possesses many beauties which are not found elsewhere, the same applies to France and Italy.

This is what makes the beauty of Europe its diversity.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordeaux33 View Post
Junter : We feel the passion in your posts. Spain is magical, and possesses many beauties which are not found elsewhere, the same applies to France and Italy.

This is what makes the beauty of Europe its diversity.
Exactly.

Old 07-10-2017, 01:26 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,686,645 times
Quote:
Why that would "hurt" me ? lol

Corsica has a bigger mountain range and more nature yes. But the beaches of Menorca or Formentera completely break Corsica... but I mean if we talk just about beaches. Yes, Corsica is greener and has much more nature. Besides only some islands of Greece have more beautiful beaches in Europe than Spain does and that's very well known. We are not counting the Canary Islands here of course...
Very debatable.... , specially when it comes to crowd.
Again Corsica is an Island, not an archipelago. I walked to the 'hard to access' Lotu's beach near Agriate's desert and it was great. Corsica is full of hidden beaches. Impossible to access by car, only by walk /boats.

No we aren't counting overseas territory, it would be biased and unfair...

Old 07-10-2017, 01:42 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,686,645 times
Quote:

Not like the Grimm brothers, that's a Germanic tale. Swiss lookalike towns? In Aran, even the landscape is "Swiss"

Dream towns? Cudillero or Vielha for example. And many more but this is not a Spanish thread and I'm not trying to compare.

I was just saying that you're much biased about France as you said that France has the look of Spain in the SW and the Italian one in the SE which is not true, there is no Cádiz, Sevilla, Córdoba, Granada, Valencia etc in France as there is no Venice, Torino, Napoli etc in France.

And just as you say that Paris is unique, I say that Madrid and Barcelona are and can't be compared with nowhere else in France just as you say that about Paris. Also Rome can't be compared with nowhere else, just as Venice.

I guess he meant that in some places of France you feel somewhere else...in Colmar you hardly feel in France but more in Germany (it's clean lol)
In Orange, Nîmes or Arles, you feel the power of Italy (and then you want to visit Italy even more lol).
Blablabla....
In Lille you have a taste, an introduction to the wonderful flamish design..

But ofc there's one Roma, one Venise, one Granada...and they are impossible to approach. Nothing is better than the original, or incredibly rarely lol.

West Europe is exceptional, Uk, Germany, Italy, Spain and France together are just magic...we can feel that we fought thousands of years against each other lol

Old 07-10-2017, 02:51 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,439,796 times
Quote:

http://media.wsimag.com/attachments/...Pontevedra.jpg

https://blog.anida.es/wp-content/upl...ta-600x400.jpg

urlNot like the Grimm brothers, that's a Germanic tale. Swiss lookalike towns? In Aran, even the landscape is "Swiss"

http://tierrasinlimites.com/wp-conte...a-1000x750.jpg

Of course I didn't mean Spain isn't beautiful, I apologize if I insinuated that in anyway, it is.

In fact the feeling of being in a different country in France is not always good. I (personally) don't like the feel of Italy and its old colored buildings filled with cracks by a dry coast which is why I don't love the Riviera outside of the more modern cities like Cannes and Monte Carlo.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:05 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,878,133 times
In fact the feeling of being in a different country in France is not always good. I (personally) don't like the feel of Italy and its old colored buildings filled with cracks by a dry coast which is why I don't love the Riviera outside of the more modern cities like Cannes and Monte Carlo.

Apples and oranges lol, I love the high summer atmosphere of the old pueblos where lizards fool around the dry cracks in the high noon burning sun and you hear the concert of the cicadas , beats easily central/north winter atmosphere with low ceiling grey skies on muddy leaveless forests with black treetrunks looking like skeletons!

[RIGHT]
[/RIGHT]

Old 07-11-2017, 03:15 PM

2,825 posts, read 5,267,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Let me put it this way; Spain has Spanish beaches, Spanish mountains, Spanish forests, Spanish coastlines, and the such.

France has Italian beaches, Swiss mountains, German forests, English coastlines, and so on and so forth.
I do not overall agree with that. France has french mountains, french forests, french coastlines, the same way Spain has spanish ones... And in both cases they have inner diversity.

That the Manche ("english" channel) has similar geological features between both sides doesn't mean that the french side is "english", not more than saying that england has a french coast line...

Having alpine areas doesn't means those places are "swiss" (a big part os switzerland are flat plains... and the Alps concerns countries more than switzerland: italy, france austria... which are all different. Swiss canno't be the reference for "alpineness"

The same way about the "fairy tale" ambiance you speak about. I.m not sure what you mean by that. In the American pop psyche fairy tales are associated with grimm brothers and the kind of idealized ambiance and medieval architecture that goes with southern germany. In France only alsace can fit that stereotype because it used to be culturally German for centuries.
Here, fairy tales are traditioannly associated with Perrault (from whom the Grimm brothers took the tales). Charles Perrault is from my region of the Loire valley. The medievial ambiance and landscapes here are nothing like those of'southern Germany... Spain also has its own medievial towns, architectures and landscapes... also different...

As well as for the so-called "italian beaches" of France... Both france and Italy have mediteranean beaches, but also Spain has... and mediterranean coastline and beaches can be very different within ezch country. France and Spain have also Atlantic beaches... all different

Applying that kind of though You could say that Spain has french mountains (shared with pirennees), or has morrocan coastline in the south, latin american colonial cities culture and landscapes in Canarias... that is pretty diverse!

Every country share geographic or even cultural influences on its borders. With big countries (at european scale), it can create great variation within countries. In Spain as much as in France (these countries are about the same size and are the two biggest western European countries).

Last edited by french user; 07-11-2017 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe