Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 10:26 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
yeah, I bet you are very sad.

Why do you hate Germany so much? Did you get rejected by a hot German girl or what's your problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 01:21 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, I bet you are very sad.

Why do you hate Germany so much? Did you get rejected by a hot German girl or what's your problem?
why people end up doing personal attack always confuses me.

Old 07-25-2017, 01:28 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/foreignpo...friendship/amp

The Chinese don't support their allies in a mutually beneficial way, they just see them as tools and then throw them away. Even when the philippines wants to be their ally they casual threaten to invade them. They US plays fairly opening up our markets equally to those who do so as well while the Chinese shut down any open trade with another country even if the country opens up to China for investments.

Speaking of investments theirs have been notoriously bad only helping corrupt officials in said countries. The US defends and support our allies good (France, the U.K., Japan) or bad (SA). The Chinese don't have that same level of international cooperation. They have no respect for IP laws of other countries and rip off anyone for just a few $ of cash.
you don't seem to know economic history well enough. The US bullied its "friends" and partners all the time. The word "free trade" means absolutely nothing to the US except when it works to the US advantage.

Sure now the US seems to support free trade, you know why? because it is the US that has set the rules. But when it doesn't, it never hesitates to destroy you. Iranians and Iraqis don't want to use USD to trade oil, look at what happens to them. Libya? same story. Should those countries have the right to trade in whatever currency they want? Sorry, Uncle Sam won't tolerate that.

Let's not even go back to the 1980s where the US forced its "Allies" to appreciate their currency overnight just to boost US export. The US dominance was based on protectionism, not so called free trade.

You are really naive to think the US has any sort of respect for any "allies" or international laws. It uses them only when it helps US interest. Wake up.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:19 PM

58 posts, read 45,436 times
Chinese have been critiqued for not employing enough locals in Africa. For the future of the world the situation has to improve a lot. I have a much more cynical view on the lack of protectionism from the Us side. Good luck swimming against the stream. Europe should copy the Us and China much more. Europe has far too many politicians who mostly care about themselves and abstract big ideas and issues which are not that important to the average person. The best decisions and ideas always happen locally when the local reality is taken into account.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:37 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
why people end up doing personal attack always confuses me.
I feel personally attacked if someone comes here just to bash a country. Especially when they bring up the Hitler guilt. There are lots of things wrong with every country that exists. I would say with many countries there is much more wrong with Germany because there, no one has to live on the streets, no one has to be without health insurance, you get money for having children, free college education, no one has to go to bed hungry and they take you in even if you come from a shi t country with a terrorist background. About how many countries can you say that? Oooh ... but ... Germany ... gimme a break.

How would Americans feel if every time they say "peep" someone calls them slave supporters or racists? There is a lot of racism going on in the US and no Jew discrimination in Germany, so why do they get blamed for it over and over? My parents are old and even they have been born after WWII, so why do they still have to feel bad about it? Will it ever be okay to be a German citizen?

BTW, there were lots of Japanese concentration camps in the US. But of course that's different.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:55 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I feel personally attacked if someone comes here just to bash a country. Especially when they bring up the Hitler guilt. There are lots of things wrong with every country that exists. I would say with many countries there is much more wrong with Germany because there, no one has to live on the streets, no one has to be without health insurance, you get money for having children, free college education, no one has to go to bed hungry and they take you in even if you come from a shi t country with a terrorist background. About how many countries can you say that? Oooh ... but ... Germany ... gimme a break.

How would Americans feel if every time they say "peep" someone calls them slave supporters or racists? There is a lot of racism going on in the US and no Jew discrimination in Germany, so why do they get blamed for it over and over? My parents are old and even they have been born after WWII, so why do they still have to feel bad about it? Will it ever be okay to be a German citizen?

BTW, there were lots of Japanese concentration camps in the US. But of course that's different.
No one should have to feel bad for historical events, whether it's Germans for Hitler, the US for the slave trade, Europeans for colonialism...

History in many ways is a waste of time (outside of educational contexts).All those things already happened and unless someone has a time machine there's nothing we can do about any of it.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:33 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Meh, just because you had help from the USA and their Mustangs.
The Americans and their 'Mustangs' were nowhere to be seen, they didn't even want to join in until AFTER the RAF had won the Battle of Britain. The first world war was from 39 to 45 you know. Anyway this thread doesn't seem to be able to 'pin-point' what's wrong with Germany, I guess there isn't anything much too wrong with the place after all? I can certainly think of worse places to live in this world!

Old 07-26-2017, 06:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The Americans and their 'Mustangs' were nowhere to be seen, they didn't even want to join in until AFTER the RAF had won the Battle of Britain. The first world war was from 39 to 45 you know. Anyway this thread doesn't seem to be able to 'pin-point' what's wrong with Germany, I guess there isn't anything much too wrong with the place after all? I can certainly think of worse places to live in this world!
Just a point - the SECOND World War was from '39 - '45. And it rather seems we're damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to military action. "You're too involved - you're not involved enough - you are too aggressive - where's your help when we need it?"

But what I want to know is why are there suddenly threads about "what's wrong with this country" and "what's wrong with that country?" Doesn't everyone on C-D know that we're only allowed to talk about what's wrong with the USA?

Old 07-26-2017, 07:15 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,497,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just a point - the SECOND World War was from '39 - '45. And it rather seems we're damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to military action. "You're too involved - you're not involved enough - you are too aggressive - where's your help when we need it?"

But what I want to know is why are there suddenly threads about "what's wrong with this country" and "what's wrong with that country?" Doesn't everyone on C-D know that we're only allowed to talk about what's wrong with the USA?
I fully agree with this. While I don't believe the US is perfect by any means, I can't stand the mentality where countries dump all their problems on the US whenever it suits them. I view that as a form of revisionist history, where people somehow pretends that all the worlds ills can be narrowed down to such simplistic terms.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:15 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Excellent article on the shady German way of economic and business.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.polit...t-germans/amp/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe