Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 04:36 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,448,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
^
11.4% of unemployment for immigrants (are considered immigrants : people who don't have the french nationality at all / people that obtained the french nationality but not born in France) with a bachelor degree or more (+3 year in university in France) against 5% for people born in France (includes those with at least one parent not born in France, thus not always "white").
Still 2 times more, which is especially bad for a qualified workforce.
Source is INSEE data 2016, observatory of inequalities (idk if that's the right translation)
The article I read specifically said North Africans, although I don’t know if it mentioned immigration status.

When I find it I’ll share the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 05:06 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
The article I read specifically said North Africans, although I don’t know if it mentioned immigration status.

When I find it I’ll share the link.
https://www.inegalites.fr/Chomage-de...ns?id_theme=24

-> last table (in french, sorry), first column.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:00 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
I'm not joking.

The French took resources from Africa.

But you complain about Africans taking over the French capital.

All empires come to an end.

So did the Mayans, Incans, Egyptians, etc.

I would not love the French to lose their culture.

On the other hand, the best thing the French could do is to try to integrate the nonwhites into French society. The idea that nonwhites have to suppress their religion or ethnicity isn't working and just be "French" isn't working.

Studies have shown that although white Frenchmen who have graduated from college only have a 5% unemployment rate, North Africans who try to do the right thing and have a college degree have a 26% unemployment rate.

If institutionalized discrimination like this continues, we will see more chaos, rioting, and even more Maghrebi youths join jihadist groups because they feel there is no way out.
As late as post 2000, France has removed leaders it doesn't like from African nations or intervened militarily.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:43 AM

1,087 posts, read 782,692 times
Africans and Muslims are in Paris to get even with European white men for their past evil deeds of colonialism, war ravaged homelands ...

Better future: support the Chinese investment and developments. Africans and Muslims do not see the Chinese the same as European colonialists. Marco Polo, Columbus wanted trade routes to China. This time, it is on land.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:55 AM

16,559 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oo9 View Post
Africans and Muslims are in Paris to get even with European white men for their past evil deeds of colonialism, war ravaged homelands ...
It's a rather strange war when the country that is under attack not only doesn't resist the invaders, but actually invites them in by the boatload and gives them free stuff.

I hate to imagine what will become of Paris, once arguably the greatest city in the entire world. But if the French can't be bothered to fight to protect and preserve their national capital and crown jewel, I'm not going to do it for them.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It's a rather strange war when the country that is under attack not only doesn't resist the invaders, but actually invites them in by the boatload and gives them free stuff.

I hate to imagine what will become of Paris, once arguably the greatest city in the entire world. But if the French can't be bothered to fight to protect and preserve their national capital and crown jewel, I'm not going to do it for them.
Oh Paris isn’t even that great! Been there, it’s nice but not as grandiose as people in the States make it out to be.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:14 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
^ Fortunately we have enlightened CD forumers here to open the eyes of french
(because they arrived in Roissy, took the RER B / taxi /bus through the Seine Saint Denis -poorest "département" in France-, arrived in Gard du Nord (historically a bad area) and stayed 3-5 days to visit (just enough to know the city very well)), if they event went to P.

One has to understand the biggest problem of France with its population: populations are heavily separated with revenues, immigrants far ahead. Just look at this map if you even want to:

https://www.comeetie.fr/galerie/fran...0/48.848/2.639

See the quarter north to east? It's immigrants-land. It's been 50 years it's like this and gentrification certainly didn't happen there, it got worst : gentrification happened a lot in Paris the last 50 years, which is something that people don't even know, pushing poorest people in this area again and again. Bad transportation system here, people not qualified enough for the french job market (the minimum revenue is too high for a lot of people that aren't productive enough and when you are not french you receive nearly nothing (ask my slovak gf about it)). This "area" is simply the poorest in France.
When you are a tourist, you go through this. Sweet sweet indeed, good intro for France, I love it too.
The name "banlieues" doesn't come from nowhere.

London was 100 times more smart because it's diluted in the entire city and it changes everything.

I ll add that because of this marvellous idea to put every poor people together, well you can easily feel everywhere except "France", the rupture between the quarter north / east of Paris and the rest is quite harcore, few hundred meters since the city is extremely dense. Happens very clearly in the 11th,18th, 19th,20th districts of Paris and everywhere it's not light blue/white on the map -to be more simple-. My bros lives in Bois Collombe, almost in the north, say north north west. From one side of his street to the other side, you jump from high end food and wine stores to ... kebabs.

Also it's a very good idea (thank you Pompidou, this started well around the 70's) to put every poor people together because there's an emulation, a kind of Keynes multiplier applied to retards creating great criminality. It's better altogether after all. Nobody has a consideration for those bastards and I don't too, like everyone. But I always feel put**n de sorry for those who work hard, try hard even if they have nothing, clean the metro, streets the entire night, uber drivers & co. Exactly what the girl explains in the video of the first page. It's moving slowly for the best hopefully. The new metro (the falling city because of arabs, is building 200km of metro) might help a lot for people that want to do something of their life.

I have MUCH more consideration for Kwame from Ghana cleaning after the riots of french crying like babies, than those native "white" french that don't know how lucky they are to be born in France and are as smart as a concrete block. These red areas, it's the cheap workforce taking jobs that native french don't want to. French are above these jobs for poor people.
My dream is like an internship in Niger for the remaining ultra violent yellow jackets, that d be cool and calm down ultra left black blocks. Just 1 month on your own. Please Eric Drouet, go there for a little while!
Those who steal in stores also come to Pole Emploi / CAF with their d*** between their legs, good good boys.
Drug dealers are lost people, they now like to kill each other, funny game indeed, a bit risky tho. They bring (black) money to the economy, and plenty of weed to the parisian youth partying during their studies (everyone is in the same boat after all).

I will add that all those migrants with little eiffel towers everywhere and mecanic little dogs with an annoying sound, do you know who import these ugly stuffs? Hey hey, it's chinese "mafias" that bring them in France/Paris, tons of them. See, we even corrupted some chinese immigrants, those models of immigration. The Keynes multiplier strikes again.

You know, people know nothing about the story of Paris, they just discovered social medias, forum, youtube and info channels 24/24 and create their own movie about Paris, the last past 10 years. It's been like this for decades. For your info, immigrants in France are considered in stats as people without french papers or with french papers but not born in France. UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium have similar percentage number of migrants, but it's not as visible because their politicians are smart enough to not put every foreigner in one henhouse. Paris is just a Disneyland in the eyes of plenty of tourists <lol>, it must be like they imagine, else it's a drama. One thing is sure, the city has tons of default and Hidalgo as a mayor comes first, I personally even left this city, but a lot of people should clean their front door too, a lot .

It's great place for those who are down to earth.

Last edited by Pokitobounto; 03-28-2019 at 04:30 PM..

Old 03-29-2019, 03:06 AM

6,046 posts, read 5,956,585 times
Quote:
Oh Paris isn’t even that great! Been there, it’s nice but not as grandiose as people in the States make it out to be.

How long did you spend in Paris in order to formulate the view expressed above, I wonder?
Paris is grandiose especially for an American tourist. You must have arrived at night and left at sunrise.
I can vouch many of your country men would disagree.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
How long did you spend in Paris in order to formulate the view expressed above, I wonder?
Paris is grandiose especially for an American tourist. You must have arrived at night and left at sunrise.
I can vouch many of your country men would disagree.
Hey I’m not bashing Paris but a city is a city.

FYI I have seen a good amount of Paris—Champs Elysees, Le Marais, the Latin Quarter, the Eiffel Tower, etc.

I have even been to the city’s most exclusive neighborhood.

But like every city it has its great and not so great.

I fell in love with Paris but IMO it’s overrated.

Lisbon and quite possibly Munich (I can’t give an honest opinion since I haven’t been there but plan to go), on the other hand, are pretty underrated.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:36 PM

399 posts, read 355,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Whut?
I lived with an Iraqi woman. Never again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe