Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 07:43 AM

4,936 posts, read 3,312,269 times

Advertisements

Belgium girl 12 yrs youngest CV death in Europe. RIP. Died after 3 days fever.
https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/12-yea...navirus-death/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 03:15 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
covid may as well be the end of the european union:

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/27/...virus-pandemic

Old 03-31-2020, 04:53 PM

603 posts, read 1,631,285 times
Lets hope it gets sorted by everyone doing their best.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:22 AM

4,936 posts, read 3,312,269 times
New video Dr John Campbell, Global update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt55EU1T0j8

Old 04-01-2020, 10:19 AM

403 posts, read 221,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
New video Dr John Campbell, Global update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt55EU1T0j8
He is excellent! Every day for the last month I am waiting for his updates and educating myself. His videos and explanations are also excellent - on isolation, infections, immune system, pharmacology, anatomy, biology, etc. But his view on global statistics are ( and will be in future) priceless. I think he was an ICU doctor (as a minimum)?
I also like his cool British humor.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:39 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
^
The thing I don't get here, is the test he describes that's common in Thailand now ( around 19:30.)
So ok, the test shows infection and therefore increase in anti-bodies ( which is expected I guess.)

But wouldn't ANY kind of infection show that/produce this kind of reaction?
Then how do we know that the person has this particular reaction SPECIFICALLY for the onset of Covid?
Or should we just make a general assumption that the person is infected with Covid, while we can't know for sure?

P.S. This doctor has sense of humor?
Nice to know.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,800 times
Let us now look at the current situation in the corner of Europe where I am.

Estonia 779 cases 5 deaths
Latvia 446 cases 0 deaths

By the way, Latvia has a larger population than Estonia.

Yes, I remember very well how the right-wing liberal elite of Estonia blared out around the world about "Estonia's supremacy". Yeah, they were completely right.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:08 PM

403 posts, read 221,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
^
The thing I don't get here, is the test he describes that's common in Thailand now ( around 19:30.)
So ok, the test shows infection and therefore increase in anti-bodies ( which is expected I guess.)

But wouldn't ANY kind of infection show that/produce this kind of reaction?
Then how do we know that the person has this particular reaction SPECIFICALLY for the onset of Covid?
Or should we just make a general assumption that the person is infected with Covid, while we can't know for sure?

P.S. This doctor has sense of humor?
Nice to know.
That is true. And, it will be guessing and dangerous - sending, for example nurses and doctors back to a "war zone". Maybe it is antigen specific to CV test? Like Hepatitis B? He will probably clear it up. He posted video on "Infection" today that I have not seen yet.

His sense of humor is a little bit dark, playing with words, you will have to catch it to appreciate it.

I like several of his approaches. For example, people think that ventilators are "panacea" (his words). He, himself, favors CIPAP/BIPAP (positive pressure machines that many Americans already have at home for sleep apnea, etc.) vs. ventilators. His rationale being that if you have to go on ventilator you might stay on it for a long time, say 2 weeks. This 2 weeks will require ICU nurse, doctors, respiratory techs, separate isolation in ICU rooms. During that stay, patient will require a lot of 24/7 meds - like, sedation, muscle relaxant, etc., also IV / tube feeding, constant IV saline drips. All of which can result in secondary infection, fluid overload, multiple organ failure,etc. and death, eventually.
While CIPAP/BIPAP machines can be placed by patient beds and fast in ordinary rooms.
These machines are cheaper, easier to make and so are the treatments - one nurse can take care of a lot of patients (6 vs. 1 ICU patient) this way, maintain/ ease their breathing fast, (avoid intubation , which is an invasive procedure) especially at early stages of this disease.

He is good at picking warning signs - like "laissez-faire" / "whatever" Swedish approach to this issue.
Posted disturbing (to me) pictures of Sweden's public transport, where people parked as sardines, not one wearing a mask, etc. This was a while ago, when Sweden had few cases. Today though, they have 4435 confirmed cases and 180 Swedish citizens have lost their lives.

Anyway, he is a breath of fresh air on YouTube. Smart man.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:08 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
Let us now look at the current situation in the corner of Europe where I am.

Estonia 779 cases 5 deaths
Latvia 446 cases 0 deaths

By the way, Latvia has a larger population than Estonia.

Yes, I remember very well how the right-wing liberal elite of Estonia blared out around the world about "Estonia's supremacy". Yeah, they were completely right.

So far the rule is 'the richer the country, the more covids' - with Turkey as the only exception. We're at some 400+ cases as of today still very few but seeing how the first case was in March, this makes it way worse. Most of the countries with huge amount of cases have 2-3 months history behind.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:45 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
So far the rule is 'the richer the country, the more covids' - - with Turkey as the only exception. We're at some 400+ cases as of today still very few but seeing how the first case was in March, this makes it way worse. Most of the countries with huge amount of cases have 2-3 months history behind.

I understand that the boastful stories of the Estonian right wingers about Estonia's "success" have even reached your country. Unfortunately, I have to tell you that they are completely wrong! So - please stop justifying the activities of the Estonian right-wingers! Why do you repeat these statements over and over and over again ?! And please stop this wrong story about EE's "success" too! By your logic, an extremely high number of HIV-positive people is also an indicator of "success" and "wealth." In any case, Estonia has by far the highest number of HIV positive people in Europe, ee is at the absolute top! Sorry, for off-topic.

There are no protective masks here in the 'rich' country, there are no means of disinfecting hands and there are no even opportunities for tests. Thus, in short, these official figures do not indicate anything. This is just the upper part of the iceberg !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe