Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2020, 07:27 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am not going to waste my time listening to this clown, sorry,
Still, I advise you to force yourself to give it a little time... He's actually a lot smarter than he looks, his logic works... He also predicted about Crimea..fnd about Ukraine... And about the black president of America... and about MH17...

Quote:
but if Lukashenko will REALLY find himself between the rock and the hard place ( I hope he won't, but IF) - what do you think he will submit Belorussia under - Moscow or Washington?
Let's make a wild guess.

He already declined like (three?) calls from Merkel, who'd like to act as a "mediator" between him and the "opposition."
But they both talk to Putin. ( Merkel and Lukashenko that is.)
I think that Lukashenko will stay in his chair. At least for the near future, if he doesn't buck too hard. Do you think that Putin and uncle Xi are such naive simpletons that they believed in his victory? They understood perfectly.. the whole deal. With their recognition, they gave him a kind of carte Blanche, in turn, they force Lukashenko to be more compliant in some fundamental issues. Both Russia and China have their own interests in Belarus. And now Lukashenka will have to be more flexible. Otherwise, both Russia and China may question its legitimacy.

Last edited by Zimogor; 08-20-2020 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2020, 07:50 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Pavel Latushko is the speaker for the commission created by the opposition. He says they have no plans to sever ties with Russia which would seriously damage the economy.

I don't believe a word of it.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:06 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Pavel Latushko is the speaker for the commission created by the opposition. He says they have no plans to sever ties with Russia which would seriously damage the economy.

I don't believe a word of it.

Sure-sure.
Or so they say.
Lukashenko already went point by point through the "opposition plans," - he made it public.
Tikhanovskaya herself was referring to them in her speeches earlier.
It was exactly the same prescription as for Ukraine ( elimination of Russian language, closing border with Russia, "independent church" and so on.)

Then they started deny it all as in "such program never existed, it's not on our party site."
Then came the Ukrainians and found it all in google cache.

So it was there all right, they just deleted it in a hurry, to not to make their plans that obvious.

Whom are they trying to fool?

P.S. They are not happy with Lukashenko, but they "don't want to severe ties with Russia?"
Then what do they want?
Someone who will promote Kremlin Inc corporate interests in Belorussia directly, without any buttheading as Lukashenko had with Putin from time to time?

Is it what the "opposition" is looking forward to?
ROTFLMAO.

Last edited by erasure; 08-20-2020 at 10:19 AM..

Old 08-20-2020, 10:30 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post

No, Grega, not that.
Read DKM's post #97 pls and help me to make sense out of it.
Russia "can provide assistance" doing what exactly?

Helping the West to succeed in aggression directed against Russia?

That's just a grand idea)))

Old 08-20-2020, 11:19 AM

This can still get real ugly. I just can't see a good outcome for the people in this.

Old 08-20-2020, 12:43 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,852,680 times
It sure can and will get ugly. The opposition council's demands of a free election are very reasonable. Hence, Luka has to present their demands as "not their real demands" and pretend they are after something else. The falsification of some secret anti Russian documents is just one of many shots fired in the propaganda war. Today he is charging them with crimes they are not committing. Not that this is new, but people are paying attention now. He is signalling he is in charge and nobody can stop him. There is no law in Belarus, there is simply the will of the supreme leader and his "security forces" can do what they want without consequences. This is exactly what they told detainees as they beat them. Its up to the people there if they want to live like this forever or not. Given history, I'm not sure if Belarusians are brave enough to rid themselves of this kind of lifestyle.

Old 08-20-2020, 01:27 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,921,829 times
Quote:
No, Grega, not that.
Read DKM's post #97 pls and help me to make sense out of it.
Russia "can provide assistance" doing what exactly?

Helping the West to succeed in aggression directed against Russia?

That's just a grand idea)))
I guess it’s up to DKM to clarify, but that is not how I interpreted his post. I think DKM was saying that Putin’s best bet would be to abandon Lukashenko, earn more good will between Belarus and Russia (similar to what happened when Gorbachev allowed East and west Germany to reunite) and then with continued economic assistance Belarusian’s might even end up wanting integration (though I don’t think DKM actually supports this). Whereas if Putin right now supports Lukashenko that will put a huge stain on relations between Belorussians and Russians and Belarus will turn into Ukraine 2.0

Also something to keep in mind regarding the Union State, it was Lukashenkos Idea in the beginning, and his plan was to then become president of both Belarus and Russia after seeing how week and ineffective Yeltsin was, however that all changed when Putin showed up and Lukashenko realized the chances of that happening where slim and has been pressing on the breaks ever since.

Old 08-20-2020, 01:35 PM

This transition committee is violating the law. They have mistakenly assumed he died some days ago? It's a shallow attempt to slide in the back door much like what happened in Venezuela with Gaido. They're trying to buffalo this change.

Lukashenko is still president. Belarus is a nation with laws and those laws must be adhered to and enforced.

They need to change, yes. They need to do it in an orderly and civil manner. Have a referendum first.

Old 08-20-2020, 01:36 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This transition committee is violating the law. They have mistakenly assumed he died some days ago? It's a shallow attempt to slide in the back door much like what happened in Venezuela with Gaido. They're trying to buffalo this change.

Lukashenko is still president. Belarus is a nation with laws and those laws must be adhered to and enforced.

They need to change, yes. They need to do it in an orderly and civil manner. Have a referendum first.
No need for referendum. Lukashenko is the president and will be till the day he dies.

Old 08-20-2020, 01:37 PM

Given history DKM Belarussians don't want to be slaves of Poland again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe