Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2021, 01:20 PM
DKM

6,766 posts, read 3,918,918 times

Advertisements

you think Ukraine, a country with ports on the ocean, cannot buy gas from countries other than Belarus? Needing Belarus railroads to ship exports to Finland? This is hilarious if not sadly ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 04:45 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,591,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Just like with the failed Tiananmen color revolution in 1989. Immature, naive, radical students were the CIA's target of manipulation back then...

Speaking of which, next Friday morons in the West will commemorate the "massacre" again that never happened
A photo you don't often see, after the tanks rolled thru.

https://www.reddit.com/r/China/comme...eb2x&context=3

Old 06-03-2021, 06:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,527,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post

https://www.reddit.com/r/China/comme...eb2x&context=3
So? What's your point? People are killed by governments all the time, America is not free of such things in its history. It just hasn't happened recently and that's not to say it won't either. Were things to get bad enough and Americans were to rebel I have no doubt the US government elite would use deadly force to preserve itself and the status quo. I can think of 2 recently where deadly force were used without good reason. Waco and the guy and his wife in northern Idaho, whos wife was shot in the head by a sniper as she held a baby in her arms. Care to go into what happened in NYC from the 1850s onward? When ships cannon were used to clear the streets?

There's a lot more to the story of Tianamen Square than any of us know. Especially what was going on behind the scenes and there's a once heard story of an APC crew that got lost and surrounded by protestors who then tried to set it on fire. The crew panicked , understandably. They took off through a crowd running over people then the authorities took their gloves off.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
you think Ukraine, a country with ports on the ocean, cannot buy gas from countries other than Belarus? Needing Belarus railroads to ship exports to Finland? This is hilarious if not sadly ignorant.
Ignorant as you?

Old 06-03-2021, 07:14 PM

26,919 posts, read 22,802,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

No it can't ( or rather it doesn't have too many choices, plus price is an issue, since Ukraine is basically a country that stands with a hand stretched out as it is.)

Old 06-03-2021, 10:30 PM
DKM

6,766 posts, read 3,918,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ignorant as you?
We'll see if Luka realized I'm right and he will back down after this threat. He talks big and beats up his slave hostages but when it comes down to it he doesn't want more sanctions.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:23 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,591,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
So? What's your point? People are killed by governments all the time, America is not free of such things in its history. It just hasn't happened recently and that's not to say it won't either. Were things to get bad enough and Americans were to rebel I have no doubt the US government elite would use deadly force to preserve itself and the status quo. I can think of 2 recently where deadly force were used without good reason. Waco and the guy and his wife in northern Idaho, whos wife was shot in the head by a sniper as she held a baby in her arms. Care to go into what happened in NYC from the 1850s onward? When ships cannon were used to clear the streets?

There's a lot more to the story of Tianamen Square than any of us know. Especially what was going on behind the scenes and there's a once heard story of an APC crew that got lost and surrounded by protestors who then tried to set it on fire. The crew panicked , understandably. They took off through a crowd running over people then the authorities took their gloves off.
My point is...............wait........... what is a point?

Neuling was mocking the massacre, implying it was fake news or some such. You mostly see the photo of one guy in front of the tank. This one you see less often. Governments typically don't kill their own people, unless they've been sentenced to death after a trial.

As for the rest of your post I have zero interest in addressing.*

Old 06-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
My point is...............wait........... what is a point?

Neuling was mocking the massacre, implying it was fake news or some such. You mostly see the photo of one guy in front of the tank. This one you see less often. Governments typically don't kill their own people, unless they've been sentenced to death after a trial.

As for the rest of your post I have zero interest in addressing.*
I see your point now that I checked. What happened did happen that night. He may have spoken out of context or contempt or frustration.

As for you it seems you think all of history began that night. Nothing transpired in the days and weeks before that. The people in that square were nothing more than useful idiots and some minders with marching orders from people behind the scenes, ideologues and crazies seeking to upset the balance for their own benefit.

Your protagonists then promptly faded into the shadows as they always do when things go bad.
You need to take the time to see the whole picture. More importantly you need to be willing to see that there is more you don't see than you do.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:21 PM

76 posts, read 76,487 times
Quote:

Peanuts compared to this: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...e-george-floyd
Just don't tell me "it's not comparable"
It's worse, Chinese demonstrators were warned they did something bad, illegal, most murders by cops in the US involve pure abuse and/or stupidity on the side of the cops.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:33 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,304,977 times
Revolutionary. Hero.

https://youtu.be/MJFMl_u-z4w

I’m even afraid to imagine how Stalin or Trotsky would look at this revolutionaries...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe