Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 11:06 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,577,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You're effing joking right?
Not at all. Belarus under Luka, hasn't a hope of joining the EU, so why/what would they benefit, (or anyone else think they might benefit) by splitting with Russia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 08:10 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,477,572 times
This is just stupid. Lithuania to lose 100 mln Euro in customs fees. Must be nice living with a boot on your neck.

https://tass.com/world/1325703

Old 08-16-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
I don't believe I missed much, nor do I believe I misunderstand. I also don't think the west is/was trying to separate Belarus from Russia. That would be a fool's errand under present circumstances.
Can the west help opposition candidates? Sure!
You are just trolling.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
You are just trolling.
Can you provide some alternative evidence that would suggest I'm trolling?
Remember, after the Ryanair incident in June, Luka closed the borders for his own people.
That's what happened before the Berlin Wall went up.
Yet he's offering a package to migrants that will take them to the Lithuanian border.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:18 PM

You're full of it. Lukashenkos government has not closed its borders. They have drastically increased border security along Ukraines border and the western borders but people can still come and go. They have found Ukrainians smuggling weapons across the border. My SILs went to Anapa last month. The only way it's affecting them is Yulia now has to pay taxes on her imports because she can't smuggle the goods.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:22 PM

What Lukashenko is doing concerning the refugees is helping them to achieve their dreams. The western powers wrecked their homelands and the Baltic states and Poland helped in their destruction. It's time for them to do their part and help out a few of these victims of western stupidity.

Old 08-17-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
You're full of it. Lukashenkos government has not closed its borders. They have drastically increased border security along Ukraines border and the western borders but people can still come and go. They have found Ukrainians smuggling weapons across the border. My SILs went to Anapa last month. The only way it's affecting them is Yulia now has to pay taxes on her imports because she can't smuggle the goods.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57316838

Old 08-17-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
What Lukashenko is doing concerning the refugees is helping them to achieve their dreams. The western powers wrecked their homelands and the Baltic states and Poland helped in their destruction. It's time for them to do their part and help out a few of these victims of western stupidity.
He'd serve his people better if he helped them achieve their dreams, rather than weaponizing the most unfortunate from distant lands.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
He'd serve his people better if he helped them achieve their dreams, rather than weaponizing the most unfortunate from distant lands.
What dreams do Belarussians have? Dreams of lite beer and blue jeans? Belarussian beer is some of the best in the world and Bud light can't even come close. Dreams of having medical bills so high you're bankrupted after a lifetime of hard work? They get cheap but good medical care. My wifes father had a tumor removed from his brain and the cost to the family was $1200.00, in the west? Just empty your wallet, bank account, investment funds, your home, you name it, or well just freaking die.

How about dreams of a "western society" based on "human rights"? Belarus has a neighbor with a problem. In Russia "human rights" are held in high regard but in some cases public safety isn't as Russians are learning. This psycho was left to run the streets of Smolenck beating women.

https://smolnarod.ru/glavnyj-slajder...pravili-v-sud/

Back in May he was caught on camera doing his best to beat a woman to death on the street. He was paroled from prison 10 years ago for "good behavior". Russia screwed up trying to live up to western expectations, should Belarus?

In Belarus that guy would be in a swamp with a bullet in his skull. Rightly so too.

I know Belarussians personally. They know they have it pretty good and the dreams of the few disaffected and naïve youth are of lesser importance than the almost idyllic life the majority have. The discontent can LEAVE THE COUNTRY any time they like, Russia is easy to get to. The Baltic States and Poland would take them too. If Belarus is so bad why do people even stay there? Why do they go to work everyday? Why do they work abroad and return?

The BBC is officially garbage in my book. Don't even bother linking that crap here.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:28 AM

Answer me one question TVMH. If life in Belarus is so absolutely horrible why don't Belarussians flee to the west in droves? Why aren't they running over the borders by the thousands to "free and democratic" Ukraine? Poland? Lithuania?

Why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe