Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:00 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,268,005 times

Advertisements

Billy Blanks! I think I've seen new videos come out in the past year or so. It's a bootcampu one and it comes with exercise equipment. They look like a lot of hard work!

Robyn - it's funny b'c I first read your post about drinking caffeine and then I read Sunday's exercise thread that you started. I started laughing b'c I pictured this woman high and wired on caffeine working out and saying corny positive aspirations to keep it up, "Go go go, get those buns working!"

Karla - whoosh whoosh sound?! You waited this long that now you hear a whoosh whoosh sound AND you can't hear?!?!?! Yes, go to urgent care! Hope you feel better.

Okay, gotta go watch my Sunday Morning show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 09:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,418,424 times
OK, Tae Bo... started the instructional video... did great til the kicks. OOOH I forgot how bad my balance is... LMAO I will have to work on that. I had to go to PT years ago for my balance and there was this board with a ball in the middle of it that helped me a great deal.... wonder where I could find one of those bad boys...

Man am I sweating now.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:21 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,554,675 times
Ok, Karla this is for you-I used to get kind of plugged up ears and there is something called 'Murine Ear Wax Removal System' that you can get. It has drops that you put in, and you can hear all this bubbling in there and there is a bulb syringe that comes with it to flush it out if that is necessary afterwards. Otherwise, a doctor will probably use one of those waterpik thingies to flush it out. Unless you are lucky enough to have really good insurance that will cover that urgent care place. Either way, good luck! Sorry I didn't mention this earlier-I completely forgot about it!

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 07-01-2007 at 10:38 AM..

Old 07-01-2007, 09:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,269,546 times
Morning!

Skipped the walk this morning and went directly to the beach. Dog had a ball chasing tiny little fishies and hunting for sand crabs.

Too hot to be outside, so I think I will take a nap before the race starts.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:53 AM

5,776 posts, read 11,427,048 times
Karla, try to get to an ear doc sooner rather that later. I struggled with an ear infection for almost a month. It was not pleasant and lost sleep on many nights with the discomfort.

Today was "give the bicycle a rest day", so went for a 7 mile jog early in the morning in the hills of our local park. It felt warmer than usual this morning, luckily most of my trails were shaded by the early morning shadows of trees or hills. In the few places where I was out in the sun, it was plenty warm even before 8 am.

Roma, I wouldn't mind seeing some green and some rain. It's so dry here in southern cal that the dust on the trails I was running on this morning is like talcum powder. Had to wash my shoes off after the run, and the white socks were the color of dirt.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:02 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,418,424 times
Kids and I went on a nature hike, just got back..... that was a work out!

Old 07-01-2007, 02:58 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,290,264 times
Gosh, Robyn. You have energy to burn today, woman! Glad that morning walk helped. You really sounded refreshed afterwards. That's great.

Karla, can ya hear me now??? Sorry - couldn't resist. I hope you feel better soon. When I went to the house in FL in Nov. I flew with a cold. Not something I would recommend. The difference in air pressure plugged up my right ear so bad and I was in so much pain for about 36 hours. I was about ready to find a dr. but it cleared up overnight.

Brought a bunch of stuff to my mother and visited with her today. Back to walking the hubby and doing the gym thing tomorrow.

Hope your weekend was great.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:33 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,372,476 times
Hub and I had a really nice long walk today ... then we had cheesy pizza

Hope you guys get to feeling better soon!

Old 07-01-2007, 05:42 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,268,005 times
I jogged over 4 miles today. Go me! I did 3.17mi in 45MIN, worked on weights and then did another mile. I've noticed the past few "runs" my right shin hurts after I'm done jogging. Hubby things it's "shin splints" and thinks I just have to "deal with it". Anybody else get this? It hurts for about an hour or so and then goes away but that hour is pretty painful!

Old 07-01-2007, 06:32 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,159,357 times
hey all
well went to the urgent care at 8 am was the first there so saw the doc within minutes
Yup I have a middle and outer ear infection. and major fluid build up in the middle ear , hence the "huh what did you say"
lol it took over 35 mins after seeing the Dr before I got my prescriptions and signed out. We haqve good ins but my co-pay was $75 oh well, he did say it was a good thing I came in because there is so much fluid that it could of caused the eardrum to burst, that would not be a good thing,
He gave me ear drops to put in every 3 hours and a "Z" pack. I asked how long till I can hear out of the ear he said 24 to 48 hours.

lol I am cranky with this cotton ball in my ear and my voice echoing in my head when I talk.
ok done whinning

Remember everyone if you are doing a lot of walking or running remember to replace your sneakers every few months I can't remember the number of miles they recommend replacement. I use the "when my feet start to hurt it's time" method

see you all tomorrow after my walk lol I already warned Lou that my hearing is out of wack so this may be a *gasp* quiet walk tee hee

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness