Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:20 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I hate exercise, eat terribly, smoke and drink. Fortunately I have an amazingly fast metabolism and none of this shows.

UNfortunately, he does not.

I know it’s all about the inside though.
You have hella good genetics for that. It'll catch up with you in the long run so be careful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have some bad news for you. Unless you change your habits, things are gonna be sliding downhill shortly. And the metabolism? You can kiss that goodbye.
At what age does this happen? I feel like it happens when people get to college, then again when they are in their late 20s or early 30s, or whenever they get a stressful job. But if you survive those phases you are invincible. RAWR! Of course I don't know many people who are older than that except family and they don't seem to change (nor work out).

Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 AM

741 posts, read 1,288,853 times
My husband and I are about equally fit. He's an "apple" and I'm a "pear", if we put on a few pounds in the winter I probably have an easier time disguising it as I still have a pretty slim waist (all my junk's in the trunk!). Then come spring we both end up motivating each other and lose around 10 pounds. It's our annual cycle.
I have a back problem which makes it slightly more difficult for me to work out. So far it hasn't really effected me, but the doctors say it may really start to slow me down as I age, so I'm working to maintain my abilities and keep myself healthy. If I do slow down over time, maybe a gap will open up where he stays more fit.
It does effect our sex life for ME at least, sometimes in the middle of winter I'll feel BLAH and won't want to doll myself up. I seem to snap out of that come warmer weather.
Hubby and I need to move south!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
You or your significant other?
We are both a bit out of shape right now. We have been doing more playing than working this winter.

Quote:
Are you a male or female?
Female

Quote:
Do you want your Significant Other and/or yourself to be more fit?
We both want it and it will happen soon enough when we get back home and start working on the farm. We aren't in bad shape just a little softer.

Quote:
Has this effected your sex life?
Yes, my husband can't keep his hands off me, lol. He likes me with a little extra meat on my bones which will be gone once we get home. We are still the same people we fell in love with and knowing each other for more than 30 years hasn't changed that.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:

Im more in shape..Im 5'5" and 120 lbs
my boyfriend is 6'3" and 270 lbs
no it hasnt affected our sex life,
ours is great

Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Round is a shape, thank you very much.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:47 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
He is

I'm female

I'm working on fitness. He is too, there is always room for improvment and he's not THAT fit, but fitter than I am.

Not at all.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:46 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Who is more in shape, You or your significant other?
Good question. We are both in pretty good shape but I dont know who is in better shape. I recently had a freak illness that almost made me an "Eternal Member" so I havent done much the past month. The wife does 2 hours of yoga twice a week and teaches ballroom/dances 6 days per week. Im getting back in shape slowly by jumping rope and doing kung fu everymorning. So I guess right now, we are about in equal shape.

Quote:
Male.

Quote:
Of course. Fitness = health, which = (hopefully) longer life and higher quality of life. I think it would be ridiculously stupid for ANYONE to answer no to this question.

Quote:
The fitter you are, the better sex is IMO and experience. It makes for longer lasting, more intense, more frequent sex.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
My husband is in better shape than me. Of course, he is currently training/dieting for an upcoming bodybuilding show in June. That's not to say I'm a slouch but I don't have muscle definition showing (except upper thighs). I still have "marshmallows" in some places that are a b*tch to get rid of!

He keeps me motivated to workout because I want him to have a good looking wife just as I think he is a good looking hubby!

Never affected our sex life.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
The fitter you are, the better sex is IMO and experience. It makes for longer lasting, more intense, more frequent sex.
Try telling that to Ron Jeremy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness