Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2015, 06:31 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Mayweather would beat the hell outta Rhonda Rousey in any type of fight. It wouldn't even be competitive. The speed, strength, and level of athleticism would be apparent right at the outset. Mayweather would seriously hurt Rhonda with the first punch he throws and finish her anyway he chooses.Mayweather would look like Manny Pacquaio against Rhonda Rousey.
And your point is what? Mayweather's record is 48-0 so it doesn't look like too many men can beat him, does it? But if you decide to take him on let me know I will make sure I watch that fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 06:31 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
And yet, the Japanese were no pushover in WWII.

Just an observation that usually comes out of thinking of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_61 (building a tank that will fit the Japanese).

Now why they were a good fighting force against the larger body American, I don't know; perhaps there are those here who can say.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
And yet, the Japanese were no pushover in WWII. Just an observation that usually comes out of thinking of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_61 (building a tank that will fit the Japanese). Now why they were a good fighting force against the larger body American, I don't know; perhaps there are those here who can say.
I just asked my husband and he said the ferocity of the Japanese soldier is attributable to Bushido, the warrior code. He referred me to Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or, there is only the quick choice of death. It is not particularly difficult. Be determined and advance. To say that dying without reaching one's aim is to die a dog's death is the frivolous way of sophisticates. When pressed with the choice of life or death, it is not necessary to gain one's aim.
We all want to live. And in large part we make our logic according to what we like. But not having attained our aim and continuing to live is cowardice. This is a thin dangerous line. To die without gaining one's aim is a dog's death and fanaticism. But there is no shame in this. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.

(My husband has studied martial arts for over 40 years, he's a Yondan (4th dan black belt) in Aikido and a Yondan in Iaido)

Old 08-18-2015, 06:56 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
This has zero to do with the OP.

Tell me, what does Ranger school have to do with the average woman trained as a cop or military, in this case a Ranger, have to do if they can take on (meaning subdue, fight, etc) the average male Joe? Ranger school does not teach anyone, let alone allow proficiency, in any magic martial arts or anything.

Old 08-18-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
And yet, the Japanese were no pushover in WWII.

Just an observation that usually comes out of thinking of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_61 (building a tank that will fit the Japanese).

Now why they were a good fighting force against the larger body American, I don't know; perhaps there are those here who can say.
Yea, the Japanese had things called weapons, it is not like they were out there fighting hand-to-hand with the Allied forces, like it was just one large MMA match.

This has nothing to do with the OP, I could give a paralyzed 100 year old woman a gun and she can kill Mike Tyson in his prime, that does not mean anything regarding the OP.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I just asked my husband and he said the ferocity of the Japanese soldier is attributable to Bushido, the warrior code. He referred me to Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai is found in death. When it comes to either/or, there is only the quick choice of death. It is not particularly difficult. Be determined and advance. To say that dying without reaching one's aim is to die a dog's death is the frivolous way of sophisticates. When pressed with the choice of life or death, it is not necessary to gain one's aim.
We all want to live. And in large part we make our logic according to what we like. But not having attained our aim and continuing to live is cowardice. This is a thin dangerous line. To die without gaining one's aim is a dog's death and fanaticism. But there is no shame in this. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he gains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling.

(My husband has studied martial arts for over 40 years, he's a Yondan (4th dan black belt) in Aikido and a Yondan in Iaido)
They folded in Manchurian to the Soviets in 11 days, I guess they could have used a little more of the Bushido.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
This has zero to do with the OP.

Tell me, what does Ranger school have to do with the average woman trained as a cop or military, in this case a Ranger, have to do if they can take on (meaning subdue, fight, etc) the average male Joe? Ranger school does not teach anyone, let alone allow proficiency, in any magic martial arts or anything.
I think this was the title of the thread: > "Do you think female marines, policewomen, FBI agents, etc. could take on the average man? Are they trained for that?" So..I think 2 females passing ranger school has quite a bit to do with the topic. Are you claiming that someone who completes that academy couldn't wipe the floor with you?

Old 08-18-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
They folded in Manchurian to the Soviets in 11 days, I guess they could have used a little more of the Bushido.
seems that your intention is to have the last word on every single post- so enjoy, I will leave you to bask in the pleasure of what you seem to think is 'winning'.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:19 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
Quote:
I think this was the title of the thread: > "Do you think female marines, policewomen, FBI agents, etc. could take on the average man? Are they trained for that?" So..I think 2 females passing ranger school has quite a bit to do with the topic. Are you claiming that someone who completes that academy couldn't wipe the floor with you?
Those two women that passed ranger school aren't fighters.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Those two women that passed ranger school aren't fighters.
I guess that depends upon how you define 'fighting'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJEBnSBNxXg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness