Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 03:21 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,014,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
As a side note. Excessive perspiration is sign of poor circulatory system.
Seriously, never heard of this - it's a normal body response for temperature regulation in exercise (was in health care for quite awhile). Some races perspire/sweat more than others - have a Korean relative who doesn't sweat enough and overheats easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 03:54 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,360,237 times
Shower before you go. Use deodorant.
I'm impressed and appreciative that you are so considerate.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
good idea, I do that, usually go through 3-4 shirts over the course of a morning doing fitness classes.
That does seem like a lot.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:00 PM

4,176 posts, read 2,585,345 times
If you wear clothes made out of synthetic high-performance fabrics they have a tendency to reek in short order because of the bacteria, and other crud in the fibers that don't come out with regular washing There is a special detergent that i used to buy at running, and sports stores that worked very well. It was a little expensive, but worth it. I think it was WIN, but there are other kinds that work just as well. They don't mask the smell, but get rid of the embedded stuff in your clothes. This link explains it well. And the second link is the search results in case you want to look into it more. Good luck.

https://www.popsci.com/smelly-gym-clothes/

https://www.google.com/search?q=synt...hrome&ie=UTF-8

----------------------------------------------

Old 07-19-2019, 09:23 PM

9,460 posts, read 11,216,721 times
Right Guard shower.

Old 07-19-2019, 09:50 PM

6,480 posts, read 4,013,885 times
Do you have time to go to the bathroom and mop up between classes? Like, take a washcloth with soap, wash down your upper body and armpits, and reapply deodorant? It should be doable in about 5 minutes.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:27 PM

265 posts, read 241,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Do you have time to go to the bathroom and mop up between classes? Like, take a washcloth with soap, wash down your upper body and armpits, and reapply deodorant? It should be doable in about 5 minutes.
Well the gym is real small to be honest. They have no showers, just one small restroom we all share. The thing is the class ends at lets say 7:30pm and the next class starts at 7:30 pm. Usually the people who decide to stay for the 2nd class, we just stay on the mats and the new members join us and we get into the warm up, stretches, ect. So taking an extra shirt, washcloth sounds like a good idea, but I dont see others doing that, and I am new lol....

Do I want to be that new guy that is switching shirts, pulling out a washcloth with soap, walking across the mats to get to the restroom and then back across the mats to the section were we store our gym bags, when we have no break in between the classes? lol probably not, but ill think about it. But if we had time in between classes that would work perfectly.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:56 PM

37,181 posts, read 41,383,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
Well the gym is real small to be honest. They have no showers, just one small restroom we all share. The thing is the class ends at lets say 7:30pm and the next class starts at 7:30 pm. Usually the people who decide to stay for the 2nd class, we just stay on the mats and the new members join us and we get into the warm up, stretches, ect. So taking an extra shirt, washcloth sounds like a good idea, but I dont see others doing that, and I am new lol....

Do I want to be that new guy that is switching shirts, pulling out a washcloth with soap, walking across the mats to get to the restroom and then back across the mats to the section were we store our gym bags, when we have no break in between the classes? lol probably not, but ill think about it. But if we had time in between classes that would work perfectly.
Try something like this. You can wipe down, apply deodorant, and change shirts quickly.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Assurance...4aAhwYEALw_wcB

Old 07-20-2019, 01:46 AM

403 posts, read 274,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post

You're working on knocking the **** out of each other. Nobody cares.

Signed - BJJ Brown Belt that sweats a ton.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:03 AM

4,176 posts, read 2,585,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollieMan View Post
You're working on knocking the **** out of each other. Nobody cares.

Signed - BJJ Brown Belt that sweats a ton.
I care. I think that it's pretty cool what he is learning to do. And he'll end up having a butt that is hard enough to crack an egg on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness