Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 06:22 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Some of us have the pictures to prove it. I have dated men fifteen years younger who assumed I was their age. It's genetics and lifestyle and attitude.
I work with a variety of ages and let me tell you no one mistakes the 39 year old for 19. Nor do they mistake the 49 year old for a 29 year old. Yes some look 10-15 years younger if you don't look too close but when you do it's mainly game over. And not to be rude if a lot of flesh were revealed you can see the imperfections that come with aging.

The only ones I can see where a person might mistake someone for 20 years is when it comes to senior territory. It's anyone's guess especially if they are in their 80's and have great physical fitness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2021, 09:30 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I work with a variety of ages and let me tell you no one mistakes the 39 year old for 19. Nor do they mistake the 49 year old for a 29 year old. Yes some look 10-15 years younger if you don't look too close but when you do it's mainly game over. And not to be rude if a lot of flesh were revealed you can see the imperfections that come with aging.

The only ones I can see where a person might mistake someone for 20 years is when it comes to senior territory. It's anyone's guess especially if they are in their 80's and have great physical fitness.
I’m 63 and people are shocked at my age. Most guessing me in the 40s. This coming from people of all ages. My friends who are 29 get a big kick out of asking people “guess how old this guy is?”
The funny part is getting carded when I ask for a senior discount.
I’m Asian and have good skin, no wrinkles, and a gym rat with athletic build.
So you are incorrect.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I’m 63 and people are shocked at my age. Most guessing me in the 40s. This coming from people of all ages. My friends who are 29 get a big kick out of asking people “guess how old this guy is?”
The funny part is getting carded when I ask for a senior discount.
I’m Asian and have good skin, no wrinkles, and a gym rat with athletic build.
So you are incorrect.
I'm guessing you have natural black hair at 63 with a few specks of grey. Or a shaved head?

Congratulations for looking much younger than your age. No disrespect but I don't know if you could pass off for 43 or younger. I've been a gym rat and seen so many builds and faces. The young ones really stick out and although there are a few fit 60 year olds you can definitely see the difference of skin between them. And range of motion gets so much worse as the older people get. Not everyone but the majority. When I see a 60+ do chin ups or pull ups it's usually more like half or quarter rep.

Old 04-11-2021, 01:32 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile I saw someone mention the hands

Yesterday, I was at a family event. Fun baby shower.

My sisters are very trim, fashion up to date on everything, lovely hair and makeup. Late 50's, early 60's.
We are all a year apart.

However, imagine my surprise when they told me to put my hand on the table. They put theirs next to mine on each side and then my ex-sister in law also and they all compared hands. I had no idea what they were even talking about until a few minutes later.

My hands are clear, no freckles, spots, nothing. Very ordinary looking. Theirs are very tanned but you can see spots and wrinkles in the fingers. The 3 of them said they have arthritis and maybe carpal tunnel and I guess I do not.

The 3 of them are very social, always outside (Florida) and I've always had to work. So, I guess that's a blessing. Also, I've worked since I was 15 very full time so I missed all the beach fun days of my youth - I think I got to go once or twice; that's about it. If I swam, it was early morning or late evening.

Two of us get our nails done. The other two do not. I am one that does and I've done it for almost 30 years.
It cured my nail biting.

Once I lose weight, I will probably look younger than they do, however, they do look good for their ages. One of them does Orange Theory and works her butt off.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:29 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:

Quote:
I'm guessing you have natural black hair at 63 with a few specks of grey. Or a shaved head?

Congratulations for looking much younger than your age. No disrespect but I don't know if you could pass off for 43 or younger. I've been a gym rat and seen so many builds and faces. The young ones really stick out and although there are a few fit 60 year olds you can definitely see the difference of skin between them. And range of motion gets so much worse as the older people get. Not everyone but the majority. When I see a 60+ do chin ups or pull ups it's usually more like half or quarter rep.
All of the above!

I "get a kick out of" people who just will not give up the "i have young friends that all think im 20 yrs younger" AND because "Im a gym rat" that also qualifies them as "younger".

Old 04-12-2021, 08:29 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes on this thread from couch potatoes and people with poor lifestyle habits who are now reaping what they've sown. They resent those of us who planned for this point in time.

It's never too late, though. You may not look as young as you might have had you been proactive in your youth but you can still improve what you've got.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Sounds like a lot of sour grapes on this thread from couch potatoes and people with poor lifestyle habits who are now reaping what they've sown. They resent those of us who planned for this point in time.

It's never too late, though. You may not look as young as you might have had you been proactive in your youth but you can still improve what you've got.
Lollolololl I teach dance for a living and NO WHERE NEAR 50 or 60.

And "resent those who planned for this point in time" sounds exactly like someone who doesnt want to age. You can spend 24/7 at the gym. Youre still 60 something & theres nothing wrong w that.

Old 04-12-2021, 11:46 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I teach dance for a living and NO WHERE NEAR 50 or 60.
And "resent those who planned for this point in time" sounds exactly like someone who doesnt want to age. You can spend 24/7 at the gym. Youre still 60 something & theres nothing wrong w that.
How funny that you thought I was talking to you. Well, if the dancing shoe fits...

I've never set foot in a gym and I'm not 60 something. Dance teachers don't make a lot of money so I would suggest you not apply for that job at the carnival guessing people's age and weight.

No one would guess Ringo Starr's age if they didn't know who he was. Read my thread about it, complete with recent video of him.

Old 04-13-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Lollolololl I teach dance for a living and NO WHERE NEAR 50 or 60.

In all your years teaching have you ever seen a pupil that looked 20 years younger?

There's nothing wrong with looking like a fit 60. You just will never look like a fit 40. And that fit 40 will never look like a fit 20.

Except this guy who's an exception and I doubt there are any here on CD that look as young as this guy.

https://brightside.me/wonder-people/...s-like-605860/

Old 04-13-2021, 06:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Nothing makes me wish the ground would swallow me whole like having someone say "Guess how old I am?!" And I'm like; "I don't know, I'm not good at that sort of thing ..." Then invariably, they say "It's okay; I won't be offended ... just guess!"

Noooo ... Ugh. The only thing I can ever think of to say is "Well for sure, you are a lot younger than I am".

I mean; that's what they want to hear, right? Or no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness