Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer guys who look...
Polished 8 17.78%
wild like David Lee Roth 3 6.67%
dreads or braided Raskafarian look... 3 6.67%
High and tight marine look... 3 6.67%
yuppie casual 6 13.33%
rebel biker type 3 6.67%
metrosexual cute type 2 4.44%
Rough neck mechanic type 9 20.00%
athletic dressed type 4 8.89%
some or none of the above 18 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 05:34 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Wow you sound pretty cute. LOL I haven't even seen you!

Um, well I am going to make you hate me, but I think long hair looks good on:

1. Overly-educated guys.
2. Men who shave.
3. Men with a full-head of hair.

You don't have bangs, do you?

Based on experience, I think you may need to look a little more clean cut for the first month or so, and THEN begin your descent into grunginess. By that time, hopefully she's madly in love with you.
In real life I actually carry myself like Richard Gere, or Some of Robert D Niros characters...and or Billy D Williams...and or Tom Selleck....

But I also kinda like that clean cut 'wild' look...like Anikan skywalker had, before he turned into Vader...

In real life, most women I meet like me, when they actually realize I listen to what they have to say, and debate them, and don't just roll over like a wet dog...

Women actually like that I think...they don't just want a jaw dropping 'yes dear' type of man...

I mean what do you converse with a guy like that about after romance?

You don't...they role over, and go to bed...and snore...

With me, you get conversation, indepth analyst of your romance novel, and it's characters...

I think older women appreciate that more so than younger ones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 07:50 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
...and I'm not a Barbie doll.

To play devils advocate, I've never tried to change a man's looks. That's rude and it's not my place. But I've had plenty of men try to change my looks (Why don't you get a boob job? Dye your hair blond? Gain some weight? Lose some weight? Your hips are too small, why don't you do something about that? Wear colored contacts? Blah blah). So it goes both ways.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:13 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
You really shouldn't try to change yourself for anybody. I was looking at your pictures and even though you say you are not gay, you look kindda "feminine" anyways. But if that's how you like to look, you should just go with it and forget what people say. The truth is, that if you were a millionaire or a Hollywood actor, people would drool all over you. But since you are not famous, people just consider you "freaky". I'm sorry if you think Obama is disappointing, I'm sure many people feel that way. People should judge you based on character and values, such as you being disappointed that Obama is going to let a mosque be built on ground zero. Personally, I like Obama, and wouldn't judge you for looking really gay. Instead I read your blog, and made an opinion. Good day.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,920 times
Well, I see the metrosexual guy (pretty boy) has the least amount of votes.

Is this proof that most women like their men to be "men" and not all waxed and tweezed up?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You really shouldn't try to change yourself for anybody. I was looking at your pictures and even though you say you are not gay, you look kindda "feminine" anyways. But if that's how you like to look, you should just go with it and forget what people say. The truth is, that if you were a millionaire or a Hollywood actor, people would drool all over you. But since you are not famous, people just consider you "freaky". I'm sorry if you think Obama is disappointing, I'm sure many people feel that way. People should judge you based on character and values, such as you being disappointed that Obama is going to let a mosque be built on ground zero. Personally, I like Obama, and wouldn't judge you for looking really gay. Instead I read your blog, and made an opinion. Good day.
I don't look like that in day to day life...those photos are just my 'theater' side...

A few years ago, I just got borerd with being 'bland'...and wanted to explore other sides of myself while it was or is still fun to do so...that's all that is...

I don't want or didn't want to wait till I was to old, and then look back and wonder how I could of looked if....

That's why so many old men walk around naked on the beach...it's like they wait until their old and wrinkly to decide to liberate themselves...but by that time...well....

But ye, it's just me having fun...that's all...

Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
Well, I see the metrosexual guy (pretty boy) has the least amount of votes.

Is this proof that most women like their men to be "men" and not all waxed and tweezed up?
Waxed and tweezed up, reminds me of a 'prude'...I wouldn't particularly like to be friends with a man or woman like that...

But there are some males, like women, who just have a natural 'beauty' about them...to where if they're just themselves

Or don't try to hide it...it will come out...

Old 10-27-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
T and S, (T and A)

Are these young girls or women over 40?
Sorry I never knew I got this response until now...

But they're usually younger women..between 20-35....

Old 10-30-2011, 03:50 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Time and Space....Some people DON'T try to change their partner...so it's good to present your "real" self...even when you first meet......that's how it's been for me...and I think that's why I've been with the same mate for 36 years.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Time and Space....Some people DON'T try to change their partner...so it's good to present your "real" self...even when you first meet......that's how it's been for me...and I think that's why I've been with the same mate for 36 years.
I always present my 'real' self...but contrary to what women say...they don't want your 'real' self...they want a 'Ken' doll...someone who will bow and obey orders...

And when you pull a string or push the battery powered button will say..

'You are so cute'

'I love your hair'

'Your loosing weight, aren't you'

'Yes, of course I love you'...

'I'd love to meet your parents...and mow their front lawn'...

'Hi, my name is Ken'.....
Attached Thumbnails
I'm not a 'Ken' doll....-ken-doll.png  

Old 10-31-2011, 05:01 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I always present my 'real' self...but contrary to what women say...they don't want your 'real' self...they want a 'Ken' doll...someone who will bow and obey orders...

And when you pull a string or push the battery powered button will say..

'You are so cute'

'I love your hair'

'Your loosing weight, aren't you'

'Yes, of course I love you'...

'I'd love to meet your parents...and mow their front lawn'...

'Hi, my name is Ken'.....
Yes, of course, this is such an accurate representation of all women. A Ken doll is exactly what all women desire. Such wisdom!

With that sort of a view on the opposite gender, I'm not surprised you haven't found a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty