Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times

Advertisements

Pakistani/Indian women also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Unpleasant right? Well, now you know how Russians/Ukrainians feel about this thread and comments such as "peasant faces and aging badly" .
I said all the ones that I have met have roundish peasant faces. And I qualified it with the fact that I probably did not meet the better looking ones. And I did not say anything about aging process of the whole group. Sorry if you feel offended but I'm presenting a different viewpoint to the romanticized notion that Russians and Ukrainians are the "best looking" (and some of them probably would hate to be lumped together in the same category). My point was that it was all opinion. My problem was when somebody implied that all Asians were dark skinned, not "some asian" (and "most asian" does not suffice because fair/medium and dark are completely different)... and I still stand by that though I am over it. There are beautiful women of all ethnicities and skin tones. There is no such thing as a "classic beauty" as some have implied. Anyone who thinks they are an expert in beauty and skin tones who does not have official/objective training is delusional. Of course, some people enjoy shamelessly plugging their own ethnicity. I for one do not think people of my ethnicity are any better looking than any other ethnicity.

Last edited by miyu; 02-22-2011 at 09:14 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My vote goes for the Uzbeks and the Greeks.

Wish they had Persian/Iranian women on this. We all KNOW they are most all smoking hot.

While these are certainly interesting, many of the ethnic/racial categories are missing from women around the world, and the faces of some of the nations represented are far from representative of what the nation's women actually look like (South Africa being the most flagrant example of this).

Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I said all the ones that I have met have roundish peasant faces. And I qualified it with the fact that I probably did not meet the better looking ones. And I did not say anything about aging process of the whole group. Sorry if you feel offended but I'm presenting a different viewpoint to the romanticized notion that Russians and Ukrainians are the "best looking" (and some of them probably would hate to be lumped together in the same category). My point was that it was all opinion. My problem was when somebody implied that all Asians were dark skinned, not "some asian" (and "most asian" does not suffice because fair/medium and dark are completely different)... and I still stand by that though I am over it. There are beautiful women of all ethnicities and skin tones. There is no such thing as a "classic beauty" as some have implied. Anyone who thinks they are an expert in beauty and skin tones who does not have official/objective training is delusional. Of course, some people enjoy shamelessly plugging their own ethnicity. I for one do not think people of my ethnicity are any better looking than any other ethnicity.
I was talking about the comments on the thread in general, but thanks for clarifying. I wasn't offended.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
You're right, Shayk isn't. However, does Shaykhlislamova sound Russian enough?

I can see why she shorten it by 3/4.

This type of thread is all about personal preferences. With that said, my preferences are in line with how Russians look. I will say Czech Republic are my favorite though.

The name is Russian, but originally comes from Arabic. Don't know anything about her, but I'd say she's probably Tatar or has roots from the Caucasus (Chechenya, Ossetia, Dagestan, Ingushetiya, etc.).

Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Blech. August is the only one I find to be hot/sexy/attractive. The others I wouldnt even notice if they were next to me in Starbucks. Just average chicks by L.A. standards.
They are average by any standards.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:18 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,302,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The name is Russian, but originally comes from Arabic. Don't know anything about her, but I'd say she's probably Tatar or has roots from the Caucasus (Chechenya, Ossetia, Dagestan, Ingushetiya, etc.).
Биография Ирины Шейк (Biography of Irina Sheyk)

Ира Шайхлисламова (это её настоящая фамилия) родилась в Салавате (Башкирия), а чуть позже вместе с родителями и старшей сестрой Татьяной переехала в Еманжелинск, городок в Челябинской области.

Her real name is Ира Шайхлисламова (Ira Shayklislamova) Shayklislam is not Russian. Shayk is the stage name she chose to use. Shayklislam isn't Russian. The -ova is a Russian suffix added to a foreign name.

http://super-modeli.com/irina-shejk/

And in this page is the following:

"родом российская красавица с Южного Урала, а течёт в ней татарская кровь."

She was born in Russia's South Urals and is of Tatar heritage.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:10 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
Ukrainian Airline Calendar

14 Pictures From The Windrose Airlines 2010 Calendar Featuring Sexy Stewardess Ladies | djmick: V2 (http://www.djmick.co.uk/girls/wind-rose-airlines-2010-sexy-stewardess-calender/ - broken link)
The problem is though. That the world is very hard for women; than what it is here in the states. Attractive women here tend on studying something in business. And they get a job pertaining to what they studied. Attractive women in the Ukraine or Russia have to deal with Russian/Ukrainian men. Those men are "alpha" they don't want women around them working the same job. So these attractive women have to take jobs that leave them vulnerable to doing things like in the link provided. Basically what I am saying is that those women here in the states would be working in the field they studied for. And not that.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxo6aHrCIzs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty