Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You know, the butt has more fat on it and sticks out. So do you buy belts for obese men in order to buckle it lower, over the fat part of your buttocks? A regular belt would not buckle properly over a larger part, right? Also, where does one get sagging pants? Buy pants for obese men, or do they actually charge extra to sell people pants for obese men by putting a cool label on it? You clearly can see I have no familiarity with the wearing of pants under the underwear thing.
You really don't. You're making it sound like I have a Kim Kardashian butt. I'm as thin as a twig and the "fat" on my butt doesn't make it much larger. Therefore, I buy normal belts and normal pants. I'm not wearing them around my knees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 07:38 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,773 times
Quote:
There's a big difference. Sagging pants fashion is basically "wear your underwear out on the street" fashion. It's crude, lewd and rude.

Your relative covers his underwear with his shirt, so he's not showing people his underwear, which is fine. However, I do have a question for you, now that you mention this.
  • Why does your relative bother to expose his underwear, if he's going to cover it with a long shirt? I thought the purpose of the sagging pants fashion was to expose the underwear to (unsuspecting) onlookers and passersby? If he is going to cover his underwear so people don't see it, what's the point of pushing his pants below the underwear, only to cover it up with a different garment?
However, the very reason I posted this thread was hoping to find out if these men that wear the underwear exposed, actually like men looking at their ***** and the flimsy cloth of their boxers cling to the crack of their *****.

I mean, to me it sounds like fashion that would've been far more suited to the gay bathhouses of the Castro District back when it was in its heyday, since there was a lot of body exposure in those places back then.

And yet (correct me if I'm wrong) I understand that the men that wear these sagging pants are NOT gay and not interested in being gay. See, that's what's so weird about this.
Can you tell me why take issue with this particular fashion, but you don't point out women who have their stomach rolls hanging out, flabby cheeks jiggling beyond where the booty shorts end, and low cut shirts showing every bit of sweaty and musty clevage? It just doesn't make any sense why men are attacked for this fashion. Most of the guys I see with their pants sagged have long shirts that cover everything. Some have underwear hanging out, but that's it. I'm not interested in staring long enough to get grossed out. There's still cloth that covers the indecent areas. If men were dressing to the point where their nether region was nearly flopping out, I might think differently.

Yes, my cousin covers his underwear. My cousin is not gay, nor are his friends who dress this way gay. I have heard him say that it's more about comfort than about anything else. I don't thing most guys sag to show their rumps to everyone passing by nor to show off their new Calvin Klein boxers. Not everyone dresses for other people. Many people dress in a manner that they feel comfortable. Frankly, I don't think people who sag their pants really care what others think of the way the dress, male or female.

I just don't understand why you're so upset over pants and underwear...

Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
I for one am all for it.
It easily marks them as the ghetto trash that they are.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:08 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Can you tell me why take issue with this particular fashion, but you don't point out women who have their stomach rolls hanging out, flabby cheeks jiggling beyond where the booty shorts end, and low cut shirts showing every bit of sweaty and musty clevage?
I saw one of those just last week.

It was a horrible, horrible experience.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
If women were leaving their blouses open and showing their bras, you bet I'd take issue with that. Walking around showing underwear reflects a highly uneducated individual that has no self-respect. So why are you saying that I wouldn't take issue with the same if women showed their underwear? Of course I would.

However, in this case we're discussing males that wear their pants below their underwear, and are exposing their underwear to the entire world, including other males. And by the way, that last was the issue I was asking about: since they're showing their underwear to the entire world, do they want other males looking at their *****es? If they're truly not gay, why would they want other males looking at their behinds and the crack of their ***** barely hidden behind flimsy underwear?

Quote:
Can you tell me why take issue with this particular fashion, but you don't point out women who have their stomach rolls hanging out, flabby cheeks jiggling beyond where the booty shorts end, and low cut shirts showing every bit of sweaty and musty clevage? It just doesn't make any sense why men are attacked for this fashion. Most of the guys I see with their pants sagged have long shirts that cover everything. Some have underwear hanging out, but that's it. I'm not interested in staring long enough to get grossed out. There's still cloth that covers the indecent areas. If men were dressing to the point where their nether region was nearly flopping out, I might think differently.

Yes, my cousin covers his underwear. My cousin is not gay, nor are his friends who dress this way gay. I have heard him say that it's more about comfort than about anything else. I don't thing most guys sag to show their rumps to everyone passing by nor to show off their new Calvin Klein boxers. Not everyone dresses for other people. Many people dress in a manner that they feel comfortable. Frankly, I don't think people who sag their pants really care what others think of the way the dress, male or female.

I just don't understand why you're so upset over pants and underwear...

Old 07-07-2012, 09:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Just clothes, you act as if needs to dress better for your sake, op. Who are you?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:08 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,273,013 times
Quote:
I call BS.

I'm a male with hips narrower than my waist. I leave the house in the morning with my pants pulled up to my waist but it's not unusual for them to work their way down during the course of normal activity. When they get down below the top of my crack they start to restrict the movement of my legs, and the bottom of the pant leg starts to slip over my heel. When this happens I have to stop what I'm doing and immediately readjust because THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING COMFORTABLE ABOUT THIS.

I took my daughter to the pool today and there was a kid wearing boxers under his swim trunks hiked up to his belly button. Who the hell wears boxers under their swimming trunks? Oh, yeah, rural white Midwestern wannabe gang-bangers whose parents would never let them sport that look out in the street.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
If women were leaving their blouses open and showing their bras, you bet I'd take issue with that. Walking around showing underwear reflects a highly uneducated individual that has no self-respect. So why are you saying that I wouldn't take issue with the same if women showed their underwear? Of course I would.

However, in this case we're discussing males that wear their pants below their underwear, and are exposing their underwear to the entire world, including other males. And by the way, that last was the issue I was asking about: since they're showing their underwear to the entire world, do they want other males looking at their *****es? If they're truly not gay, why would they want other males looking at their behinds and the crack of their ***** barely hidden behind flimsy underwear?
You can go to nearly any college campus and see plenty of male students walking around campus with sagging pants. Every generation seems to have a gripe with how the younger generation is dressing. In the 1960s it was mini-skirts, in the 1970s it was long hair, etc. With all that is going on in the world, this really just isn't that big of a deal. Plenty of people wear things that I would never wear and things that I just don't like. I don't spend my time judging them. There are just too many other things in life to focus on.

What is this obsession with underwear? It's so easy to focus on something else if you don't want to see it. Again, I don't think people who wear this fashion give a damn what anyone thinks about the way they dress, including other men. I could flip your question and ask the same about women who wear low cut, revealing outfits. Are women who wear tight, revealing outfits lesbians because they're showing other women their ass and boobs? If they're truly not lesbian, why would they want other females looking at THEIR behinds, the cracks of their asses, their hooha, and the sweat from their boobs hidden behind a flimsy dress or top?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I call BS.

I'm a male with hips narrower than my waist. I leave the house in the morning with my pants pulled up to my waist but it's not unusual for them to work their way down during the course of normal activity. When they get down below the top of my crack they start to restrict the movement of my legs, and the bottom of the pant leg starts to slip over my heel. When this happens I have to stop what I'm doing and immediately readjust because THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING COMFORTABLE ABOUT THIS.

I took my daughter to the pool today and there was a kid wearing boxers under his swim trunks hiked up to his belly button. Who the hell wears boxers under their swimming trunks? Oh, yeah, rural white Midwestern wannabe gang-bangers whose parents would never let them sport that look out in the street.
So because you're not comfortable when your pants are low, it's impossible than anyone else can be comfortable dressing this way? Being a female, I know that there are plenty of clothes and shoes other women wear that I wouldn't feel comfortable in.

Lastly, the kid at the pool was a wannabe thug because he was wearing boxers underneath his swimsuit? That was a pretty common sight when I used to go to the beach in Southern California.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:25 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Sagging is completely and utterly retarded..... sorry to offend retarded people, but I just can't think of another way to say it...

I saw this young black kid recently, he was practically limping to try and get across the street, pants were sagging really low, his boxers were completely out... he look so silly I was embarrassed for him. I see white kids do it too... not sure if its a hip hop thing or just a stupid kid thing... or both....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty