Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
You will always leave quite the impression. However if you Pour your fragrance atop your body the impression may not be one you'll boost about.

Taught from a young age to utilize cologne in moderation better yet, strategically!
3-5 short spritzes and I am done. Wrists, behind the ears or neck. That covers it most of the time. Occasionally cleavage or back of knees.

Or I might only spray the air and walk through the mist if I think a very light dusting is appropriate.

But the scents I choose are light fruity florals. So they don't linger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 01:47 PM

221 posts, read 282,980 times
I think "too much" is using anti-bacterial soap anywhere on the body, exception maybe if you're processing chicken guts or you're a manure handler for a living, you might want to scrub your hands with it. Also, plucking out eyebrows or lip hairs one by one with tweezers is okay, but getting hair ripped out in masse is too much - especially on....certain parts...where you might not want to develop folliculitis. Too much perfume affects other people.

Can't stand house hygiene to the extent that every surface needs to be scrubbed down with Clorox wipes and all fabrics Febreezed. In fact, I'd love to throttle whomever invented fragrance sprays and cheap scented candles for homes.

While I'm at it - faces are not intended to be scrubbed. Ever. I don't care if it's acne galore. Scrubbing possibly puts scratches in the skin and strips all oil, and that just makes the face produce more oil.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudegubmintworker View Post

While I'm at it - faces are not intended to be scrubbed. Ever. I don't care if it's acne galore. Scrubbing possibly puts scratches in the skin and strips all oil, and that just makes the face produce more oil.
Not to go off topic here.... but I know a 15 year old who had TERRIBLE acne and her mother started her cleaning her face with oil (google clean/wash your face with oil) and it cleared it up in about 10 days and she has never had another breakout.

It's just like taking TUMS to stop heartburn. It just causes your body to create MORE of the offending product. If you GIVE YOUR BODY what it needs/wants, then the problem is solved.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-21-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not to go off topic here.... but I know a 15 year old who had TERRIBLE acne and her mother started her cleaning her face with oil (google clean/wash your face with oil) and it cleared it up in about 10 days and she has never had another breakout.

It's just like taking TUMS to stop heartburn. It just causes your body to create MORE of the offending product. If you GIVE YOUR BODY what it needs/wants, then the problem is solved.

20yrsinBranson

Oil cleansing is in.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudegubmintworker View Post
I think "too much" is using anti-bacterial soap anywhere on the body, exception maybe if you're processing chicken guts or you're a manure handler for a living, you might want to scrub your hands with it. Also, plucking out eyebrows or lip hairs one by one with tweezers is okay, but getting hair ripped out in masse is too much - especially on....certain parts...where you might not want to develop folliculitis. Too much perfume affects other people.

Can't stand house hygiene to the extent that every surface needs to be scrubbed down with Clorox wipes and all fabrics Febreezed. In fact, I'd love to throttle whomever invented fragrance sprays and cheap scented candles for homes.

I agree -- soap by itself is antibacterial. The antibacterial soaps are made for specific uses -- like having a immunity supressed person that can't be exposed to anything... not for general use. And I've folliculitis. It's NOT FUN. Oww, oww owwey.

And Febreeze -- do you know the home made recipe for it? 2 cups water, one cup fabric softener. All it is is perfume. And the rest -- I call it nose pollution.

As for face scrubbing? I'm with you on this, too -- with rosacea I have to treat my face like spun glass.... no scrubbing for me.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Oil cleansing is in.
I bought some, and it sounded great.... and for several days it was great.

And then it wasn't.

My face felt tight -- can you imagine oil drying you out? I went back to CeraVe.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:09 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
I just want to shower daily and be clean and I don't use fragrance often or scented shampoo but the current shower soap I am using is Jasmine or Lavender or something like that I don't really remember all I remember is that it is purple and Olay Ribbons.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 PM

221 posts, read 282,980 times
Quote:
Yep, I had "pimples" between age 10 and just a few years ago, which magically went away when I started using almond oil based cleanser and moisturizer. I wish I hadn't been indoctrinated with REMOVE OIL REMOVE OIL REMOVE OIL, DIRT AND GRIME while I was growing up.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I bought some, and it sounded great.... and for several days it was great.

And then it wasn't.

My face felt tight -- can you imagine oil drying you out? I went back to CeraVe.
I haven't tried it. But I do fortify my serums or face creams with a few drops of argan oil. I am also trying out apricot oil too.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
And Febreeze -- do you know the home made recipe for it? 2 cups water, one cup fabric softener. All it is is perfume. And the rest -- I call it nose pollution.
I just spritz some orange blossom water. Super cheap. And not so scented, but pleasant.

And you can use it for a toner or in drinks or desserts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty