Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:15 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times

Advertisements

I love thin black women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 05:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I don't associate any culture with any body type We are all individuals, none the same.

I have never been small, I have always had hips, a$$, and breasts of good proportions. I don't think I have been judged for them. Shoot. I would love to be the size you are speaking of but I just wasn't born that way. My bone structure and genetics are of a much different make.

None of us are the same. Somehow, I can imagine a black man possibly saying something about it, but I don't know why anyone would find it unacceptable.....

Old 08-26-2012, 05:56 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
I dont think it's wrong to observe that different body types are typical of different ethnicities, just as long as those who don't fit into the norm aren't criticized for it.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
White women who are bigger with thick hips and thighs are celebrated....Kim K?
This is very recently though.

But then I think of the mean things people have said to poor Jennifer Hudson after she lost weight.
I mostly hear it from black people on how "terrible" she looks.(I think she looks great)

Old 08-26-2012, 10:43 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
My mom was super skinny in her teens/early adulthood. She hated it! People called her Olive Oyl. (I did not inherit her skinny genes).

But I don't think it is an issue much anymore. Also could be regional. I live in CA, and some of my friends are 0-4. No one complains. Well they do slightly. They are the big boobs, no hips body type. They want more hips. But seriously, they have no problems with their body types. I am the polar opposite of those 2.

You just need new friends.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten01 View Post
I am an AA woman as well and I have noticed this, but only among other African Americans...men in particular.

I used to be a lot heavier (size 14) than I am now at a size 4". I got sick and tired of being fat and out of shape, so after my last child I decided to get the weight off. What should have been a positive experience turned negative because of comments I got from friends and family. I can't tell you how many told me that I shouldn't get too thin because "black women are supposed to be bigger". I think thats the biggest crock of sh*t I've ever heard in my life. I was/am married and my hubby loves me at the size I am now, especially. However, other black men in my life told me that if I got too small my hubby would leave me because "black men like their women thick" and "only white women should be skinny".

Thank God I didn't listen to any of those idiots, otherwise I might be a size 20 by now. Unfortunately, a lot of black women buy into the hype, which is one of the reasons heart disease and diabetes is so prevalent among African American women.

Keep eating healthy/exercising to maintain your size as long as YOU are happy.
That's not necessarily a black thing -- are all the people in your family big? Your taking control and losing weight can be threatening to the people that won't or can't... I know I've got friends (my family never seems to do this to me) that sabotage me if I say I am dieting. So I just shut up about it. They've noticed, and don't really like it, but they keep their mouths shut.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
I am thin and petite with curves. I have always been small. My body type resembles Toni Braxton or Kerry Washington. Black men are always complimenting me, so there are those that are attracted to small women. I have been told by overweight women that I need to gain weight, I am too small. Overweight female comedians love to tell jokes about small women, so I'm used to it. I know it is worse to be a big woman in this society, so I just let people have their fun. All the women in my family are petite, so its genetics. I do find the perception that all Black women are overweight, big, thick, what have you, is disturbing. That basically renders those of us that are small as somehow abnormal or atypical.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:09 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
These super thin black women dont seem to be having an trouble (haters)...

Old 08-29-2012, 06:08 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Yes, OP, I noticed the same thing. I was teased/bullied by two black male friends, who constantly told me I had a body like a "12 year old boy". They had a huge fetish for pinup models who had HUGE behinds, even tried to convince me that their butts were real.

I was naive and thought it was real too until I realized those women were getting butt shots and implants to have asses like big tumors. The woman in the photo recently has gotten implants to make her butt even bigger than this. she looks really fat and out of shape in candid pictures.

When I hung out with them they would point out these really fat ass black women with big butts and say "if you had a butt like hers every man would want you". They really brainwashed me and ruined my self esteem. I no longer associate with them anymore

I had struggled to accept my body because there is just so much colorism/bodyism in the black community. A lot of black men try to pit women against each other and make them feel insecure about their skin tone, hair texture or body type. I just keep to myself now

Old 08-29-2012, 06:12 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
These super thin black women dont seem to be having an trouble (haters)...

No matter what the haters think supermodels are SUPPOSED to be thin. However there are plenty of black guys who would say that Iman and Naomi are too skinny and they prefer someone who is more voluptuous

Iman said that she couldn't even get a date for prom because she was tall, gangly and skinny. Naomi also said that she was an ugly duckling growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty