Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 01:51 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times

Advertisements

I must be contrary on this point, personally I am neutral towards body art. If the person is attractive, what he or she inks on their skin is very much besides the point to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 02:27 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,711,977 times
I love tattoos and have a few myself. They are not overbearing or anything but I think if I saw a girl without a tattoo I'd be ok with it, but a girl with a tattoo attracts me more...depending on what and where of course.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:36 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
I love lower back tattoos on women

Old 09-22-2012, 04:37 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
I am actually also attracted to people with tattoos, however my bf does not have any of his own and doesn't care much for them.

I can't see him with any tattoos, wouldn't fit his personality or who he is.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I love lower back tattoos on women
It's funny because I have a full sleeve and I think lower back tattoos are tacky. I also think tattoos on women's legs (unless it's up on the side of the thigh) are tacky.

So, even heavily tattooed people can have opinions about tattoos

Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times
I have tattoos, but usually don't find them attractive on women I date. It just depends on what and location of the tattoo(s).

Some tattoos are cool, but many tattoos people are getting now are just stupid. Just my opinion.

Other than my dating preference, I could care less what others do with their bodies.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:04 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times
Ah, tattoos. I have found some to be beautiful, true art. However, I have seen more terrible, horrible, awful tattoos than beautiful. I do not have any, because who I am today is not who I will be in 3 years, let alone 40. I don't want to be stuck with something permanently that may eventually hold no meaning for me. I work with a beautiful, young twenty something female who has a key hole inside a heart on her wrist. Unfortunately, it looks like a *ock, not a keyhole. She hates it, and should.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:32 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I have a lot of people approach me about mine, with and without. I normally notice people with tattoos quicker than I notice those without, and I do compliment them, if I like them. I am not a lot on things like skulls, zombies, things of the like.... If the colors and lines are done well, though, I will compliment on that aspect.
Tattoos are going to attract attention, you're okay with positive attention but not the negative? I don't think it works like that. People are going to comment on anything that's different, whether it's your hairstyle, the way you dress, whatever. I've always thought it a little odd that people go out of their way to be a bit different (which is a good thing IMO) but then they seem put out if some people don't like it.

Last edited by DubbleT; 09-22-2012 at 11:41 PM..

Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I have a number of tattoos and piercings. I have never had anyone say anything negative to me about them, but have had many people complement me on some of them. Yes, I realize when I am elderly that it might look silly, but I knew that when I got them. I am ok with that. The way I look at it, it is my body and as long as I am not hurting someone it is my business and my choice.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:26 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Tattoos are going to attract attention, you're okay with positive attention but not the negative? I don't think it works like that. People are going to comment on anything that's different, whether it's your hairstyle, the way you dress, whatever. I've always thought it a little odd that people go out of their way to be a bit different (which is a good thing IMO) but then they seem put out if some people don't like it.
I think it depends on how the negativity is shown. I understand not everyone is going to like tattoos and some will judge me negatively for having them, but that's no reason to be a dick about it.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty