Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,606,096 times

Advertisements

Some good points here : The Rules Revisited: What Men Think About Your Weight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 02:57 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,850,488 times
I like point #4, obsessing about weight is more unattractive than being a little overweight. Or in other words, a confident mildly overweight (or plain) woman is more attractive than a thin (or glamorous) insecure woman.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:12 PM

517 posts, read 1,000,932 times
I've really never had a weight issue and have a skinny mom and dad it's always been about my shape. I actually want to work out to show off my athletic propensities in my body. But I still like my boobs for the womanly shape. As far attracting guys that isn't an issue for me. It's actually more I'd wish there was a way to stop random creeps being douchebags. But on the big scheme of things it's not a big deal.

I also wanted to say as a black woman when we're fit we don't all have big hips and butt I have actually very flat hips I actually noticed many white girls are much wider than black girls in general IMO.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,180,848 times
That entire blog post was about weight and thin-ness and attitudes about thin-ness or fat-ness.
What's with that?

Is it completely out of the bounds of possibility that thin people might have body-image issues? Or are we nowadays only concentrating on the feelings of fat women and their insecurities?

Old 06-30-2013, 06:37 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,660,707 times
It's pretty slow at work so I spent some time looking through his blog...sadly, I agree with most of what he says. All that matters to men is that a woman is thin and hot. In shape? BS. I know plenty of women who are in horrible shape but who are thin and they have zero issues with men.

So, women, be hot and skinny! And....well, that's it. Nothing in that blog was something I didn't already know.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 PM

517 posts, read 1,000,932 times
Not every skinny girl is hot though and not every fat girl has a bad shape

Old 06-30-2013, 07:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,135,327 times
its just another person's opinion - some men like skinny, some appreciate shape over size. who cares.
the only point he made that is relevant is about obsessing about weight. That is annoying, and unattractive.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,660,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
Not every skinny girl is hot though and not every fat girl has a bad shape
Doesn't matter. Thin=hot 90% of the time with a few exceptions according to this blog. I mean really...just click through a read a few of the other 'articles' and see how often he mentions being thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
its just another person's opinion - some men like skinny, some appreciate shape over size. who cares.
the only point he made that is relevant is about obsessing about weight. That is annoying, and unattractive.
My ex used to count calories for me because he thought I was too fat. He would actually ask me what my 'count' was for that day instead of actually asking how my day went. I don't think I've ever met a guy who said his girlfriends/wifes obsession about weight was unattractive...as long as she was thin they'd put up with it.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,135,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Doesn't matter. Thin=hot 90% of the time with a few exceptions according to this blog. I mean really...just click through a read a few of the other 'articles' and see how often he mentions being thin.

My ex used to count calories for me because he thought I was too fat. He would actually ask me what my 'count' was for that day instead of actually asking how my day went. I don't think I've ever met a guy who said his girlfriends/wifes obsession about weight was unattractive...as long as she was thin they'd put up with it.
Your ex sounds like an idiot.

I know men who have said they prefer shape & curves, fitness & strength over skinny girls, I know men who have let their wives know that they have lost enough weight, and if they got too skinny they wouldn't like it

decent men like healthy women.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,076,558 times
All I know is that I won't be dating the author of the blog.

My BF fell in love with me and my fat self when I was 70lbs overweight. I've lost 25lbs so far (for myself, not him) and he loves me now just the same. He thinks I'm beautiful and sexy and has told me so prior to losing weight. In fact, he told me to stop losing weight cuz my butt was getting flat, LOL.

On the other hand, I know there are men who will look at me and think I am extremely disgusting and they won't go near me with a 10-foot pole. That's fine. They want something different than what I am, I don't take it personally.

I know most men who have found me attractive, shockingly to themselves, it's because of my shape. I carry all my weight evenly (hourglass shaped) so although yes, I'm big, I'm evenly big and I "convert" some guys.

So, I think the blog is correct on some points. Body shape does make a difference. Obsessing over your weight is unattractive (I don't care if it's to stay thin or to lose weight). The rest of it, is just pure opinion. I'm not a big fan of generalizing an entire sex/race/state/etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty