Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:10 AM

50 posts, read 58,403 times

Advertisements

My wife and all her friends have Michael Kors purses... and their watches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2014, 11:25 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,230,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
What is with the desire to have a designer handbag? What does it do for you that a regular good quality leather one doesn't? You are paying for a "name."
Exactly, it doesn't do anything. One poster put it well when they said most men don't even notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
what the **** is "Coach" ?
When first class is completely booked.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:50 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,578,079 times
I have a Coach bag I purchased in 1972 and still occasionally use it. IMHO Coach should go back to its design roots.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Check out the a Tumi website and see the gorgeous women's bags. My shiny nylon and ballistic nylon pieces have held up for five to ten years and look brand new. I have a few few elegant bags and a few sportier bags from Tumi so now am looking to get my first leather piece from this line. I throw my smaller Tumi bags into my Longchamp totes when I just want to use one bag. I love versatile but grown up pieces.

Yeah... I'm all about simplicity. I'll check it out.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:37 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,911,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoleaveFL View Post
My wife and all her friends have Michael Kors purses... and their watches.
Most medium-end handbags companies that also make watches usually make cheap watches.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:45 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Most medium-end handbags companies that also make watches usually make cheap watches.

Yeah... I think that the Kors watches would be fun if bought on clearance, but they're a bit more than I want to pay for a bracelet.

I have a very nice diamond Tag Heuer that I wear on special occasions because (while I could wear it every day) I'm just not one to wear watches daily. I look at my phone to get the time.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:20 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,072,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I have a Coach bag I purchased in 1972 and still occasionally use it. IMHO Coach should go back to its design roots.
If you take a look at their website (well, last time I checked), they kind of were. I have a classic crossbody from the mid-90's and they had the same exact thing on their site.

Old 01-26-2014, 02:56 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,911,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
If you take a look at their website (well, last time I checked), they kind of were. I have a classic crossbody from the mid-90's and they had the same exact thing on their site.
That's right. The "classic" styles that made Coach famous are being made again.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:15 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,273,152 times
Ok -- this thread made me go look at bags. Wow. First -- I can't believe Coach is still using those ghastly turn lock clasps. Those were the things that made me never go look at Coach again years ago. Second -- the mind boggles at so many bags out there, and I don't like any of them. (Actually -- that doesn't surprise me)

I did waste a few hours looking, though.

I know it's me. Many years ago, I found the perfect perfect bag, and all bags now have to be that style. It just works for me. Back then it was called "Wallet on a string". Unfortunately it was made by Buxton -- which was on it's way down when I bought it.... and now the company doesn't use leather at all, and it rather cheaply made -- but the bag design? They are still making it. They did put a stupid mirror in it. I have no idea why.

So now the search term I use is shoulder strap wallet. Cell phone wallet, too. Sort of. BUT -- now the style appears to be wristlets -- which bother me because of my carpal tunnel.

Anyhow. My 10 year old Lodi's Shoulder Strap Wallet is in fine condition, so I'm keeping that. Here's why I like it. I don't carry much -- never have. I carry ID, there's a window for that. I carry credit cards -- plenty of slots for them. I carry a calendar -- check book size. Fits in the front pocket. I carry my cell phone, fits in the back pocket. Cash fits in the slot behind the ID window. Stash cash goes in the zipper pocket with extra hair tie, and lipstick and hand wipe towelette and floss picks.

All closes up with a snap that's tight, not a stupid zipper. Room for more if I want to carry anything else.

I can put my keys in it, but I usually keep those in my pocket -- and I have an Inka pen on that -- a great little collapsible pen made for keychains.

Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
What is with the desire to have a designer handbag? What does it do for you that a regular good quality leather one doesn't? You are paying for a "name."
I have not seen this brand name less leather bag department of which you speak. Please provide a link.

Meanwhile, the reason I prefer coach is the quality of the boutique bags is very high. Glove quality leathers, excellent materials, and the boutiques will replace or repair bags for free, FOREVER.

T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty