Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 11:19 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,350,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
...more than likely this pretty boy did it to get women. Saddly, it works.
Did his getting women have anything to do with duct tape & the trunk of a car?

I don't know how this will turn out. I would think that any criminals already have an overwhelming sense of entitlement... they want it they take it because they deserve it. The designers' clothing lines will sell out, because if they don't, he can fly off the stage at shows & murder store buyers in the audience.

I recall a few decades back when Norman Mailer got a young man out of prison as he was a good writer & he murdered the man who offered him a place to stay in his home. It's happened once/twice more since then, too, but I can't recall the exact incidents sans Googling. I don't know... I guess it remains to be seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 04:14 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
"Average looking" is the key phrase here.

So how is that any different from the way women are treated? A similar story happened earlier this year with the "pretty DUI mugshot girl" but I didn't hear guys complaining about that at all.

‘Hot mugshot’ woman sues website for using her DUI booking pic in ads - NY Daily News
Why does this have to be about women?

This is about pretty people getting advantages. The reality of course is that he may not learn from his mistakes and will likely repeat them. His attractiveness keeps him from learning important life lessons that he'll need later on.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:18 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,001,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sure, because he was "average-looking." Hard to judge skin tone privilege here. If there was awesome lighting and he looked like Tyson Beckford, I am sure the same thing would have happened.
No.

Him being lighter skinned and borderline racially ambiguous allows many non-black women to feel comfortable boasting about his attractiveness (in a forum where friends and family can see).

Old 07-05-2014, 04:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
No.

Him being lighter skinned and borderline racially ambiguous allows many non-black women to feel comfortable boasting about his attractiveness (in a forum where friends and family can see).
Not so sure. All my non-black are as enamored with Idris Elba as my black friends are. This is a case of bone structure more than skin tone. It doesn't hurt he has grey eyes from a modeling perspective. But these days, particularly for people under 30, it is fine to say a black man is attractive. There are still plenty of families who wouldn't be excited about dating someone black. Admiring from afar is a-ok.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:20 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Probably, but that guy is employed and living in an apartment despite the hurdles... and contributing to society. So, if that is the outcome, it would be a great outcome.
This.

Good for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty