Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:08 PM

87 posts, read 126,549 times

Advertisements

Why do women continue to pay good money for breast augmentation merely because they want more "curves"? The fact is that men who are worth a darn don't care about that. I know, I know--now you'll say that men will always prefer a curvy girl to a non-curvy girl. But it isn't true.

Okay, don't believe me! Spend lots of money and endue the risks of surgery just because you think it will make you look like a movie star. But then don't cry when your "new appearance" doesn't cause men to flock around you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 PM

29 posts, read 178,244 times
Why assume that women are doing it for men?

Most women get them for themselves.

If it makes them happy.. then why not?

It's absolutely nothing to do with you.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:24 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Of-Wanderlust View Post
Why assume that women are doing it for men?

Most women get them for themselves.

If it makes them happy.. then why not?

It's absolutely nothing to do with you.
I think the old "I'm doing it for myself" is a lie women tell themselves to justify a fundamentally odd decision. In Brazil, the women get breast reductions because the men there love smaller breasts and a bigger tushy. But at least they're honest with themselves and admit that they do it because they believe men like it better. In this country, plastic surgery is sold as an "empowering" act, when in fact, that couldn't be further from the truth. Just my $.02.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:05 PM

394 posts, read 2,003,152 times
I don't really know why a woman would want to do it "for herself", boobs are just a PITA in general. Anyway, my dh is always grossed out by the look of fake boobs, and from what I have heard a lot of men prefer the real thing, even if it's much smaller.

Oh, and he doesn't have to lie to appease me, if that's what anyone is thinking. I'm not big nor small, somewhere in the middle.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,746,551 times
Well, I have a friend saving up because she is flat chested and gets frustrated about the way her clothes hang. Her DH couldn't care less but it's bothered her for a very long time.

I had chin augmentation surgery (not implant) that I'd wanted for years. One of the best decisions I ever made. So I'll totally support her and totally believe it's all about her self-impression.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:52 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
I think a lot of women do it for themselves. Mothers for example, I've had friends do it after having children to get their figure back. For some woman they go from a nice firm cup size to a long saggy rock in a sock. I don't see what the problem is for these woman to want to look good again.

Now there are some women that do it for other reasons as in the example below. IMO, I don't believe she did it to "feel better about herself" LOL

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,288 times
I also don't think that most women decide to get plastic surgery to please a man. I am blessed in that dept; but, if I was flat I would consider getting implants. It would be a personal preference for me because my guy is not a boob man.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:18 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I also don't think that most women decide to get plastic surgery to please a man. .

I agreeif women did it only to please a man they would do ONE implant....in the middle of the back for dancing

Old 01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post
Why do women continue to pay good money for breast augmentation merely because they want more "curves"? The fact is that men who are worth a darn don't care about that. I know, I know--now you'll say that men will always prefer a curvy girl to a non-curvy girl. But it isn't true.

Okay, don't believe me! Spend lots of money and endue the risks of surgery just because you think it will make you look like a movie star. But then don't cry when your "new appearance" doesn't cause men to flock around you.
I did my breast augmentation NOT because I wanted to have curves. (I had them already, and still do!) But, after giving birth and breast feeding my son, my breasts lost all the volume and began the get way smaller and saggy, then I wanted them to be.
And, since I had the money....I went ahead, and "treated" myself to something special, and just for my own well feeling.
I would never, ever do it to please a boyfriend, husband or to "attract" the other sex.
Call me selfish...but, it's all for myself, and just for me....and the picture starring back at me in the mirror.
It's just very soothing for my self -esteem.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:54 PM

62 posts, read 299,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post

yeah...but no one wants those retired old guys--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty