Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 03:21 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yeah. Looks terrific, but I wouldn't have the patience for it.

But, the eye makeup isn't need for me, as I keep my eyes hidden and try to avoid drawing attention to them. So I am always in shades, or tinted glasses, when I leave the house.

So, some good lipstick and liner, with nice blush can work.

Plus, given where I live, there's hardly ever a reason to wear that much makeup. It'd be a case of all dolled up, with nowhere to go. lol Except to different stores. There are some cute outfits I love, and would wear. But it's too dressy for the small town of 900 that I live in. Nothing around here would require that kind of nice dress, except Church, at best.

Living in a more active, and larger city, you can probably spread wings and doll-up more w/o it looking out of place.
But wow what a lift to look in mirrors after the transformation and why hospitals encourage a little dolling up for patients. I lived in makeup for years, loved the stuff and was never without some on especially eye makeup,, but Im allergic to most ingredients in makeup and feel clammy and sick when I put on foundation,, its nothing to do with cheap or expensive makes its all of them. Ive tried water based ones with no perfumes but they must still have parabens in them and cause this reaction , but makeup is a great wonder lift if your feeling down for most people and its nice to feel attractive, I never leave the house without some mascara and a little liner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 11:02 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,786 times
I absolutely love makeup and it's a part of hygiene for me. The same way I wouldn't leave the house without deodorant is the same as me not leaving the house with a bare face. However I don't wear heavy makeup as my feature are soft/delicate so heavy makeup would make me look like a little girl that's playing in her mothers makeup.

However I wear everything foundation, powder, mascara, eyeliner, blush, highlighter, lipstick, eyeshadow but it's all in the application and knowing what works best for your face/features. A lady did my makeup at a department store once and it looked like she latterly added 10 yrs to my life lol. When I looked in the mirror I looked at her and told her there was no way she honestly thought I looked good. Of course she said she it looked great but all I saw was the jealousy written all over her face that I didn't require heavy makeup like her in order to look attractive. Needless to say I wiped it all off and didn't buy anything from her and went to a different counter where the sales lady didn't reek of jealously and actually did a good job.

I do find that contouring tends to make you look older so I don't do a bold contour, I just natural highlight the shallows and high points of the face. Applying blush to the apples of my cheeks proceeded with layering a highlight for a little contrast and bringing the highlight to the forehead and bridge of the nose. I know what technique and shades look best on me and I don't really deviate from that regardless of what makeup trends are hot at the moment, I stick to what works best for me. I'm a bold lip person as heavy eyeshadow looks do not compliment me at all and a good makeup rule of thumb is to wear a bold lip or bold eye but not both. However I'm starting to really love a nude lip now that I've found my perfect nude lipstick shade.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:00 PM

219 posts, read 163,096 times
I like dressing up so I like makeup although I don't wear it all of the time. Always foundation/finishing powder/concealer but only half the time will I wear lipstick and eyeshadow.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:47 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,602 times
For me, I keep it simple: powder, mascara, lip gloss/lipstick. If I go out at night, sometimes I'll add some eyeliner to the mix.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:54 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,403,283 times
I never really got into makeup as a teen and my mother often told me I didn't need it. It was just not important to me and I never really learned how to use it.

I think it would be fine to enhance my look but sadly I don't really know how and I definitely do not have the patience to do it often. Maybe for special ocassions

Old 12-28-2016, 04:25 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,710,318 times
I love makeup. I dont wear alot everyday just mascara,eyeliner and lip tint. I try to keep my skin clear but every once in while ill wear a bb cream.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:53 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,645,655 times
Makeup is great. I only wear eyebrow liner, eyeliner, and lip gloss. I do feel naked without those things.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:04 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times
I'm surprised to see how many women skip makeup or just go with a bit. I've always loved makeup. I wear foundation, powder, blush, brow pencil, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and lipstick, and never look "made up"...just prettier. Makeup is used to enhance positive features and hide imperfections. Works for me.

Old 01-01-2017, 08:40 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,407,508 times
Very light on the makeup here. For work, I switch between Bare Essentials or L'Oréal powder, 2-3 coats of Great Big Lash mascara and Nivea tinted lip moisturizers. My eyebrows are thick and dark so I don't do much there, just keep them groomed.
On the weekends running errands, I just use one coat of mascara, if that.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:21 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
It's funny how there seems to be a dichotomy of bare faced or clown faced. I wear a lot of product, and most people thing I wear none. On the days I don't wear any, people don't even notice except to ask if I had a late night.

On a typical day I wear primer, corrector and concealer under my eyes, bb, powder, eyeliner on top lids only, mascara, brow gel, and sugar lip tint. I wear most of it to cover the chronic shadows under my eye. My daughter and hubs who have seen me get made up hundreds of times have both commented on how they are glad I don't wear a lot of make up. How is nearly 10 different products not "a lot"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty