Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 08:40 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times

Advertisements

Good lord if you are a 36 D, you don't need to look larger.

That's pretty big unless you are 6 feet tall and weigh 300 pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 08:32 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Good lord if you are a 36 D, you don't need to look larger.

That's pretty big unless you are 6 feet tall and weigh 300 pounds.
I still think many of you have ureasonable impressions on what a d cup looks like. It is in no way huge or excessive. The woman in this video, under a regular/proper fitting formal blouse, would not draw any particular or focused attention due to the size of her bust.

However it will give the OP a look at what different styles of properly fitting bras do. If you want eye popping ooh-la-la internet cleavage, wear a padded pushup that is a couple of cups too small and a tight form fitting low cut blouse or tank.

https://youtu.be/74L-GTqkybU

Old 11-18-2016, 09:07 AM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I still think many of you have ureasonable impressions on what a d cup looks like. It is in no way huge or excessive. The woman in this video, under a regular/proper fitting formal blouse, would not draw any particular or focused attention due to the size of her bust.

However it will give the OP a look at what different styles of properly fitting bras do. If you want eye popping ooh-la-la internet cleavage, wear a padded pushup that is a couple of cups too small and a tight form fitting low cut blouse or tank.

The woman in this video is quite overweight...that's why a 36 D doesn't look huge on her.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
The woman in this video is quite overweight...that's why a 36 D doesn't look huge on her.
just look at her from the boobs up then. Look at them in relation to her face/head. Still not "huge" by any stretch of the imagination. Everybody can google up videos of comparable women wearing whatever bra size they want with whatever body standard they find acceptable. It still wont make a d cup "huge." - particularly not in a mid 30s or below band.

If you put that lady in a spanx and a properly fitting conservative dress and no body would think otherwise about her figure. No one would pick her out of a crowd as huge bosomed or being "quite overweight."

Old 11-18-2016, 09:17 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have found a few strapless bras that work. And I typically wear a 34H. It is not impossible!
Really? Where? I'm a 34H and have never found any strapless in my size on any website.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:21 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Really? Where? I'm a 34H and have never found any strapless in my size on any website.
Panache and Fantasie! Fantasie cups run big so you can probably wear the 34GG. And the Panache one may require a sister size as well, but check those brands. I think I ended up with a 36GG in the Panache one.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:58 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post

That woman is fat from the waist up and she has big boobs.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:09 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Third on that, nice to be able to get rid of that obnoxious gap between buttons! I was never looking for extra attention, spent 20 years occasionally considering a reduction, so I don't wear tight, formfitting clothes. Yay minimizers! I'm almost glad summer has come to an end around here, go to your local dept store and I'm the one you can hear hissing: "not everyone wants all of this padding!!" -while yet again, looking for the perfect swimsuit.
Me too! I've actually been known to go in & cut that stuff out; it's awful.

And those tank tops with the padding are even worse ... If you think underarm stains are bad, you haven't dealt with "Boob Sweat" stains enough ... so gross.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:34 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
This, exactly. I think the OP is talking about slim to average women with a D. That used to be regarded as quite generous in the days before fake boobs. A "C", in fact, was the envy of many women. The average size used to be a B, and still is among unenhanced, healthy-weight women.

Old 11-18-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
That woman is fat from the waist up and she has big boobs.
Which is why I said look her from her chest up and I see we've retreated from "huge" to big. So that'll have to do.

At least the OP can see a number of different bra styles and their effects in that video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty