Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 02:47 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I've been rocking the "Trent Williams" for nearly 10 years now. I'm a black dude, and I always keep my beard short and connected to my mustache. My facial hair looks exactly like.....Trent Williams'. I'm not sorry at all if the OP doesn't like it

That's a 90grit beard.

Perpetual sandpaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 07:25 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
In the eyes of many men in central Asia, any man that shaves his face is probably doing it to attract a husband. Perhaps the OP's anger comes as a reaction to a rejection of this nature by a masculine man.
But Central Asia is predominantly muslim))))

http://news.fergananews.com/photos/2013/11/regisstt.jpg

http://sputniknews-uz.com/images/203/49/2034910.jpg

Sure the OP is not concerned with "masculinity" defined by Islam.

How about you?

Old 02-01-2017, 07:36 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Prissy Millennial guys desperately trying to:

a) show how manly they are (goes with the flannel lumberjack shirts) even though "roughing it" means having to use last year's I Phone, or eat a sandwich made with "non-artisanal" cheese.

b) be wild and free nonconformists, and make sure everyone knows they are wild and free nonconformists - by making sure they have the exact same clothing, facial hairs, tattoos, piercings, etc., as all the other wild and free nonconformists.
Sorry couldn't help it))))
Doesn't quite describe my son and his beard, but describes his girl-friend rather well))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHPfgsTVTjA

Old 02-01-2017, 08:55 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,121,775 times
OP just mad he can't grow a beard.

If you're nice I'll let you touch mine.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,864,669 times
I can't grow a beard although I tried a mustache when I was in grad school. Looked silly and got rid of it quickly. My beard is very spotty and now would make me look even older IMHO. Some guys really look cool with beards but I really don't like two -toned part dark and part gray or white. Just my opinion. Also, it looks better trimmed up , especially around the neck. Here again, JMHO.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 PM

47 posts, read 315,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
OP just mad he can't grow a beard.

If you're nice I'll let you touch mine.
spoken like a true 12 years old

You just proved my point, where I said that bearded men are insecure and constantly make fun of guys who shave or cannot grow beards.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:10 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,463,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
They are being unique by conforming (without realizing they are just conforming to the new hispter norm). Just add a pink flannel lumberjack shirt and rolled up jeans and you are all set.

My son likes to play games with his facial hair, The will grow a fu manchu mustache or a waxed villian mustache then shave it off, then he might grow a bears and shave it in stripes or shave half of it off. He looks different every time we see him. I think sometimes he just leaves it some weird way for a couple of days and then shaves and grows something new.

Maybe it will stop now he has a steady gal. Doesn't really matter until he finishes school and starts interviewing. There will not likely be a scruffy beard or waxed villain mustache at a job interview (I hope).

You made me think of this Monty Python song Classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaRd4d8hOY

Old 02-02-2017, 04:25 AM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,121,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
spoken like a true 12 years old

You just proved my point, where I said that bearded men are insecure and constantly make fun of guys who shave or cannot grow beards.

If you scan all my posts I doubt you'll find me mentioning beards anywhere else in any capacity.

I only said something here because you took the time to make a post about it.
Hell, the only reason I'm even in this shallow sub forum is because it showed up in the active threads box.

I have a beard, not because I am insecure, but because shaving is a waste of time and money. I don't need to prove anything or over compensate for anything. I'm a mammal. I grow hair. There's nothing special about it.

Now, I'll leave you to your superficial nonsense. I'll be somewhere else discussing things of actual importance.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:18 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,942,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I've been rocking the "Trent Williams" for nearly 10 years now. I'm a black dude, and I always keep my beard short and connected to my mustache. My facial hair looks exactly like.....Trent Williams'. I'm not sorry at all if the OP doesn't like it

I find that style very attractive however I DO NOT like scruffy, fluffy, scraggly beards. They just seem dirty to me and I would hate to kiss a man with one.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:58 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
They just seem dirty to me and I would hate to kiss a man with one.
That is what my 3 daughters say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty