Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:39 PM

681 posts, read 2,878,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Oh, for crying out loud!!!! My uncle, who was a Pentacostal minister, by the way, put it this way, "If the barn needs painting, paint it." Referring to cosmetics.
Now hand me my eyeliner, and stop pushing your agenda. And do something about that hair! It aint pretty........
Men who believe that their "barn" (wife) needs "painting" (makeup) are jerks. They should be able to see the true beauty in what they've got.

By the way, you know nothing about my hair. It's perfect for me.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 PM

681 posts, read 2,878,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Does your wife wear deoderant? That may not be her "natural aroma" you're smelling.
We both do. However, by the end of a hot day, it doesn't matter what type of deodorant you wear... it will have weakened significantly. The results thereof do not bother me.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
OMG, I just had a mental image of the Elephant Man using the Kelly LeBrock line from the old Pantene commercials "Dont hate me because I'm beautiful!" Hilarious!
To the OP: Why dont you worry about something more important? Heres a couple to chew over...... oil prices, mortages, the price of food, the poor folks in Asia with cyclones and earthquakes...... the list is endless.
Face it, you will NEVER understand women, as you stated in an earlier post. I just read Psalms 139 again, and it refers to the marvelous ENIGINEERING of the human body.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Men who believe that their "barn" (wife) needs "painting" (makeup) are jerks. They should be able to see the true beauty in what they've got.

By the way, you know nothing about my hair. It's perfect for me.
Dude, I have yet to see a middle-aged man wearing a hairstyle from the '70's that didnt look completely ridiculous. Laughable, actually. I am sure folks are highly amused after you pass by........

Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Quote:
We both do. However, by the end of a hot day, it doesn't matter what type of deodorant you wear... it will have weakened significantly. The results thereof do not bother me.
Why do you wear it at all? You are compromising your real, "natural aroma". Deoderant is like "make-up" for the smell. You're not being consistent. Besides, most make-up wears off by the end of a long hot day too...so what??

Last edited by laysayfair; 05-15-2008 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-15-2008, 04:00 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Why do you wear it at all? You are compromising your real, "natural aroma". Deoderant is like "make-up" for the smell. You're not being consistent. Besides, most make-up wears off by the end of a long hot day too...so what??
Exactly.

If one really wants "natural," one might as well go live in a cave (or tree, whichever) and see how beautiful you really are afterwards...

Old 05-15-2008, 04:21 PM

157 posts, read 624,187 times
Quote:
After I decided that I considered makeup to be evil, I conducted a sort of informal study of women of all ages to determine exactly why women wear makeup.

Then maybe you should rewrite this line in your OP because it sounds contradictory to just a catchy title.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:48 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Actually, corsets are really nice and comfy. Trust me, this is coming from somebody who has made her own corset and wears it at least once a month. If the corset is made and worn correctly, it should not be uncomfortable at all. I've driven in mine a lot without problem. I can breathe, eat, sleep, get dressed, put on shoes, and more with a corset on.

And for my prom hair/makeup, none of it was done for my date (who actually had longer hair than I) - but rather because there was a particular hair style that I've always wanted to mimic... but I am too lazy.

You can't just target makeup for being "evil" and unnecessary. If everyone were to go "All Naturale":

- No haircuts/styling. Hair is meant to grow, so let it grow. If you were born with curly hair, let it stay curly. If it's straight, let it grow straight. We have hair for a reason.
- No shaving/waxing/epilating. Again, the hair is there for a reason and somebody will find it attractive.
- No clothes. They detract away from the beauty of the human body.

Shall I continue?

Old 05-15-2008, 04:51 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
"....Clothing that we Americans call "feminine" is frequently worn by men in different cultures and they are not considered effeminate because of it. For example, Scottish men wear kilts... which are plaid skirts....."

I wonder if the guys in construction out there still have to wear those kilt things... or do they wear jeans on the jobsites??

Old 05-15-2008, 05:48 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times
Kuharai, you forgot to mention no regular hygiene. Because brushing one's teeth isn't natural. Nor is brushing that mess of hair you'll end up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty