Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 09:45 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I have one, not large but it's perfect, got it at Marshall's or maybe TJMaxx? It's brown and searched forever for the exact one in black but no luck.

It's not a large bag but I have in the outer compartment: my vax. card, eye drops, my little Tracfone and a travel size hand lotion. Inside, small wallet, small size hand sanitizer, a pen, tissues (allergy issues here), Blistex (HATE Chapstick), keys of course.
I bought my first Baggalini at Marshalls. I decided to upgrade when I saw my old one looking sad and beat up. This time, I used Amazon, and chose a color I like.

One thing I have noticed is that those of us females of a certain age use crossbody bags. In my observation, most, or many of us, do not carry heavy shoulder bags, or hand purses. I carried heavy bags around for years, but no more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2022, 09:54 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Key fob
Small measuring tape
Phone
Mints, lipstick, lip balm
Notepad and pen
Wallet
Tissues
Disposable mask

Old 01-08-2022, 10:03 AM

3,112 posts, read 1,006,463 times
I wear backpacks bags, that's what I like. Small and fun, good quality, but no leather and no names/brands on the bag. I want to have my hands free.

Most of the time, I don't wear any bags, just take my ID and credit card, phone and keys (if I'm alone). No phone at all if I'm with someone else. I keep water, nuts, grocery bags, a sweater, a scarf, toilet paper, a Swiss army knife, hand sanitizer, sunscreen spray, a pen, face masks etc in the car all the time.

I don't need anything else.

Old 01-08-2022, 11:01 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Purse or wallet.
Throwaway masks
Pen
Wipes unperfumed.
Umbrella
Treats for my dog.

Old 01-08-2022, 01:29 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I bought my first Baggalini at Marshalls. I decided to upgrade when I saw my old one looking sad and beat up. This time, I used Amazon, and chose a color I like.

One thing I have noticed is that those of us females of a certain age use crossbody bags. In my observation, most, or many of us, do not carry heavy shoulder bags, or hand purses. I carried heavy bags around for years, but no more.
I have always had an issue with shoulder bags. My shoulders slope. The strap falls off constantly. So the second they came out with cross bodies, I jumped. And now with Apple Pay, I don’t even really have to carry a credit card so I can do everything on my phone.

I worked at a bank for 13 years before my husband started his own business and I joined him. I was a teller. The things that I saw come out of those huge bags appalled me. It really made me think differently about purses.

One of the things that drove me out of my mind when I worked there was the woman the women coming in to deposit their paychecks. First they had to find the paycheck amidst 32,000 envelopes filled with paystub‘s because that was her “filing systemâ€. Why save the envelope? Then they had to find the checkbook and there were multiple checkbooks and which one had a deposit slip in it. Then it was like five minutes of trying to figure out how to fill out a deposit slip when you did this every single freaking week. It felt like a 15 minute Olympic ordeal to put the darn paycheck in the bank.

Let me assure you, when we opened our own business, my deposit slips were filled out at my home properly, and all I had to do was walk in, say hello, get my receipt and leave.

In actuality, yes,this did drive me absolutely bananas, but it was even worse when the person practically insisted that I had to pay attention to her at the whole time she was screwing around. If she allowed me to do my side work, I could ignore the nonsense she was doing. Most of them let me ignore it. But there were a few.

That’s pretty much when I discovered the Buxton wallet on a string. I carried that purse for 20 years. It literally fell apart the next one was just like it. But from Lodi‘s. I still have that one and use it.

Old 01-08-2022, 02:19 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,532 times
DH carries my ID, Medicare card & Vax card

In my tote bag (it hangs on the back of my wheelchair)
hand lotion
diaper wipes
5-6 handkerchiefs
ostomy supplies and small plastic bags
disposable gloves
glasses case (for dark glasses)
hand sanitizer
full set of keys (DH sometimes locks his keys in the truck)
pill box (nausea meds, benadryl & dilauded)
wireless earbuds
makeup pouch w/lip tint, mascara & small container of vaseline
cell
folding white blind stick
small spray vial of perfume
hand fan

Old 01-08-2022, 03:12 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Cross body bag for me.....to many purse snatchings. When you carry a big bag, you tend to put it down...in a grocery carriage ect. So I only carry credit cards, ins cards, phone and keys.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:22 PM

61,673 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
What do you like to keep in your bag/purse at all times? Other than the obvious wallet & keys...

- 2 pens
- post-it pad
- tissue
- sugnlasses
- small mirror
- hand sanitizing gel
- cell phone
- receipts from anything bought that day, I take them out when I get home
- maybe coupons for stores I may use that week
- loud noise alert (attached to keys)
- pepper gel - not in purse, but in car that I bring when going biking

Changes since COVID:

- pair of disposable gloves - ADDITION...you never know
- sanitizing hand wipes - ADDITION
- extra masks - ADDITION

- powder & lipstick - DELETION - used to pre-COVID, but I don't wear makeup anymore these days

Phone and keys, small mirror, a pen/paper, pocket measuring tape, few tissues, reading glasses.

No need for a loud alarm or pepper spray where I live. ID, Covid card, and credit cards are digitized in my phone.
Sanitizing stations with alcohol and masks are everywhere, free to use.

Old 01-08-2022, 04:34 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,340,440 times
It depends where I'm going. I carry a smaller bag if I'm going out (remember going out?) with less "stuff" than usual.

Most trips are just to run errands for the past couple of years. Besides my wallet and phone I always have the following in my everyday purse:

A small Altoids tin repurposed to contain a few Excedrin and a couple of Tylenol.
Lip balm
Pens that seem to migrate to my purse
My passport and vaccine card.
Tissues
Extra pair of reading glasses
Extra mask or two
Typically a leftover grocery list or two
Ear buds for my phone (for those times husband is driving).
Lipstick, not used a lot lately

I keep a personal size bottle of hand sanitizer, sunglasses, and a couple of face masks in my car.

Old 01-08-2022, 10:17 PM

17,563 posts, read 13,339,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
gun

Same for MrsM, when not on hip, her Glock 43 or Sig P238 is in her purse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty