Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 03:31 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
OP: why, why, why, why, why would you CARE about a hat that SOMEONE ELSE is wearing????????

Holy crap, what a bizarre opening post. I am REALLY just shaking my head thinking, WTF?! Is your life really so sad and small that you give a crap about a HAT someone else chooses to wear?
Yeah...I guess he'll just have to live with that uneasy feeling in his gut. LOL

Old 08-18-2022, 07:07 PM

12,846 posts, read 9,045,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I get this uneasy feeling in my stomach when I see people wearing these hats. It screams to me that the person looks for the most cookie cutter of ways to come across as trendy and hip. Yuck. Reminds me of when people wore those Von Dutch or whatever it’s called hats…or Affliction tshirts.
Then you wouldn't want to be around me on the lake in by Cabella's shirt, Bass Pro shorts, Cabella's rod, Bass Pro reel, and St Croix hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I wouldn't wear a Bass Pro hat if they paid me. I realize that they absorbed Cabela's a few years ago and the Cabela's division has suffered ever since.
Oh my friend, I do miss Cabela's. Love Bass Pro, but Cabela's catered much more to my style of outdoors.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:55 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
It's a hat. They will be worn until long after the company goes out of business. I don't understand what the big deal is. It's just a hat.

Old 08-18-2022, 07:58 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Did they replace the "HarleyD" hats?

I guess they hide the bald spot. (Sorry, I meant "thin" spot.)

Old 08-18-2022, 08:33 PM

165 posts, read 146,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I get this uneasy feeling in my stomach when I see people wearing these hats. It screams to me that the person looks for the most cookie cutter of ways to come across as trendy and hip. Yuck. Reminds me of when people wore those Von Dutch or whatever it’s called hats…or Affliction tshirts.
You may travel in different circles than some of us in the more ag related states. Have never heard of Von Dutch hats or Affliction t-shirts. Or seen any. I have all sorts of hats I have picked up over the years. I even have one of the dreaded Cabela's hats. I am running out of hair on the top of my head, so in warmer / sunny weather I almost always wear a hat. Also wear a hat to keep sun out of my eyes as I wear glasses, hard to find decent sunglasses that fit over and don't scratch the coating on my lenses. I also worked in an ag related industry the last 9 years, so I also have Colorado Corn and Lallemand Biofuels and Distilled Spirits hats from the freebie table at work. Hope they are not as lowly regarded as the Bass Pro Shops hats!

Old 08-18-2022, 10:49 PM

1,655 posts, read 775,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
OP: why, why, why, why, why would you CARE about a hat that SOMEONE ELSE is wearing????????

Holy crap, what a bizarre opening post. I am REALLY just shaking my head thinking, WTF?! Is your life really so sad and small that you give a crap about a HAT someone else chooses to wear?
Because not observing humans and their behaviors would be boring to me. Psychology is fun along with the human desire to be trendy — be it certain articles of clothing or tattoos or language or behavior.. Now you are trying to psychoanalyze me by asking why I care about what I care about. So I’ll turn the question around and ask why you care about what random people care about and what makes you assign descriptors like “small” and “sad” to that person’s life based on what they care about?

Old 08-18-2022, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbp View Post
You may travel in different circles than some of us in the more ag related states. Have never heard of Von Dutch hats or Affliction t-shirts. Or seen any. I have all sorts of hats I have picked up over the years. I even have one of the dreaded Cabela's hats. I am running out of hair on the top of my head, so in warmer / sunny weather I almost always wear a hat. Also wear a hat to keep sun out of my eyes as I wear glasses, hard to find decent sunglasses that fit over and don't scratch the coating on my lenses. I also worked in an ag related industry the last 9 years, so I also have Colorado Corn and Lallemand Biofuels and Distilled Spirits hats from the freebie table at work. Hope they are not as lowly regarded as the Bass Pro Shops hats!
For those out of the loop (not that I know anything about fashion) — here’s an article on said hat:

https://spy.com/articles/gear/style/...202872099/amp/

Old 08-19-2022, 08:14 AM

4,534 posts, read 2,669,541 times
Well, that's about the silliest thing I ever read.

It's a ball cap, for crying out loud! If some guys with man-buns and giant hipster beards and scrawny etiolated limbs want to make it a fashion statement, well, OK, the Bass Pro Shops company's laughing all the way to the bank. Me, if I were in the Bass Pro Shop for fishing or hunting or camping gear and I thought "gee, I need a couple ball caps, too, mine are all getting pretty disreputable" well, then, I'd buy one. After all, I'm bald on top (boo-hoo, no man bun for me), and I need to cover up from the sun (which I actually see occasionally, since I don't live in mom's basement).

Old 08-19-2022, 09:32 AM

3,649 posts, read 4,499,104 times
I see it all the time around Raleigh-Durham, too. In fact, 2 guys in my department wore the same Bass Pro hat on the same day, and neither of them are any kind of hunters/fishers in the least. They both have about 100 pairs of shoes though and definitely dress a certain type of way.

Old 08-19-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I see it all the time around Raleigh-Durham, too. In fact, 2 guys in my department wore the same Bass Pro hat on the same day, and neither of them are any kind of hunters/fishers in the least. They both have about 100 pairs of shoes though and definitely dress a certain type of way.
Before around 6 months ago I don’t remember seeing them….or perhaps there just wasn’t enough people wearing them to notice. Seems like the “bro” crowd would be into them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty