Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 04:54 PM

1,655 posts, read 775,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I find it odd that you thought it worth mentioning at all...but OK. THEN you say things like "I get a bad feeling in my stomach when I see someone wearing ..." Really? A bad feeling? THAT speaks to YOUR state of mind. Not anyone else's.
Do you mind if I’m absolutely enraged by Bass Pro Shop hats? Maybe dedicate your time to a charitable cause instead of being overly concerned with with people who get a bad feeling by the sight of Bass Pro Shop hats. Us folks that get bad feelings at the sight of certain hats truly do appreciate your concern for out psychological well being but we also realize that there could be others out there more in need of your concern. Please go help and let us hat haters deal with our own issues all alone…by the grace of God I think we will make it.

Now be honest and tell us how many Bass Pro Shop hats you own.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:21 PM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
"Enraged"? Really?

Old 08-19-2022, 07:35 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Do I mind if your enraged?? LOL, again, that speaks to YOUR over the top reaction. Your rage puzzles me and befuddled me a little...but I guess I don't mind, per se. And I already mentioned above that my husband has a couple, along with some others.

Old 08-19-2022, 08:26 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I dislike paying money to advertise for a company on my body. That is what I think is dumb. What a coup manufacturers have pulled over our collective eyes that we pay them to advertise as we stroll around.

Feed caps, seed caps, tractor caps, Nike.....walking billboards some of us are, lol.
It is increasingly difficult to find socks with higher technology fibers to wear with uniform shorts without some corporate logo

Old 08-19-2022, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Do I mind if your enraged?? LOL, again, that speaks to YOUR over the top reaction. Your rage puzzles me and befuddled me a little...but I guess I don't mind, per se. And I already mentioned above that my husband has a couple, along with some others.
Let me rage in peace. But seriously, don’t get so offended by people being “unsettled” by what they see as blatant conformity to cheap style gimmicks and lack of originality. Someone could scream into their pillow every night about anything concerning me and that would be ok. An anonymous forum is the perfect place to sound off without singling out any particular individual.

Old 08-20-2022, 07:03 AM

12,846 posts, read 9,045,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
For those out of the loop (not that I know anything about fashion) — here’s an article on said hat:

https://spy.com/articles/gear/style/...202872099/amp/
What's a "spy.com" and why care? Some trendy city kids just now catching up to where we've been for the last 40? They're not setting a trend; they're late to the party. Been seeing those hat in my Bassmaster Magazine for decades now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
Tell us how you feel about John Deer or CAT hats? Offensive or trendy style?
CATs fine but JD, ick. Unfortunately, dad's farm's all gone now, but if I had the room, I'd love to find an old Farmall or Ford Blue to restore. Just for kicks.

Quote:
Do you mind if I’m absolutely enraged by Bass Pro Shop hats? Maybe dedicate your time to a charitable cause instead of being overly concerned with with people who get a bad feeling by the sight of Bass Pro Shop hats. Us folks that get bad feelings at the sight of certain hats truly do appreciate your concern for out psychological well being but we also realize that there could be others out there more in need of your concern. Please go help and let us hat haters deal with our own issues all alone…by the grace of God I think we will make it.

I think I got a couple somewhere. Along with my Cabela's hats. And my collection of service ball caps that I traded with guys over the years (never wear those, just keep them safe). Several caps for my college. And my Tennessee Fish & Game hat. A couple of National Park hats. Couple of beaches. Scout hat. A few others here and there.

Quote:
Let me rage in peace. But seriously, don’t get so offended by people being “unsettled” by what they see as blatant conformity to cheap style gimmicks and lack of originality. Someone could scream into their pillow every night about anything concerning me and that would be ok. An anonymous forum is the perfect place to sound off without singling out any particular individual.
So basically, you posted and don't like that others responded? If you wanted to "rage in peace" why post? Or, given how trivial the matter is, it could have been Pabst Blue Ribbon hats, why "rage" at all?

Old 08-20-2022, 09:49 AM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
I have no time or place in my life to be offended by other's dress. I do own a few bass Pro T-Shirts; they offer them cheap every year. Both of my sons have them too. One is so worn that it has been downgraded to a "painting " shirt
They are comfortable above all else. And they fit well.
I do not have a Bass Pro hat though because I prefer a fedora for dressing up (Business casual and up) or a wide brimmed sun blocking hat for casual wear.

The discussion I have always had relating to themed hats and shirts centers around trendiness or free advertising. IF for example, I wear a bass pro shirt out in public, am I saying "Hey I like the outdoors" or am I instead a walking advertisement for the store? Or maybe, "This short is comfortable"

Same thing with the supreme shirts my oldest likes. It is a trend, kind of like saying "I have money to waste on clothes" (In my opinion) but he states that he is simply trying to fit into the height of a fashion trend.

I love Bass Pro shops, I don't even have to buy something every time I go in but usually do. But as for the hats, when I do rarely wear a ball type hat, I usually wear one with a sports logo on it I just do not think a Bass Pro hat would be my style but I don't give a Rattus rattus' distal alimentary canal opening whether someone else wears one or not...

Old 08-20-2022, 10:23 AM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post

So basically, you posted and don't like that others responded? If you wanted to "rage in peace" why post? Or, given how trivial the matter is, it could have been Pabst Blue Ribbon hats, why "rage" at all?
Maybe the Pabst logo wasn't on a hat but on a can or seven when he posted.

Old 08-20-2022, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
We’ve now entered the endless loop realm of “I know you are but what I am”.

- I’m “enraged” by a certain style gimmick and lightheartedly make it a discussion
- People become enraged that I’m enraged by certain style gimmicks
- I ask why people are so enraged by me being enraged by certain style gimmicks
- You ask why I’m enraged by people being enraged that I’m enraged by certain style gimmicks

This could go on forever…..

Listen folks…if me being “enraged” by seeing “copycat” style trends and you have something similar — don’t take it so personally. I could just as easily talk about how silly I think the fascination with “J’s” is and that would offend about 40% of males under 40. Trying to be stylish/trendy is like making art work — some will love it, but you have to be open to the possibility that some will hate it and/or see you as horrifically unoriginal and part of the herd despite possibly your own belief that you’ve added unique flare (see tattoo sleeves as an example).

And for the record, I made the thread referring specifically to BPS trucker hats…not outdoor brand hats or shirts in general. The article I linked sums it up.

Last edited by GoAmericaGo; 08-20-2022 at 11:29 AM..

Old 08-20-2022, 11:18 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:

Enraged? Bad feelings over a hat with a store name on it? I'm so confused. I've seen these has for well over 15 years and never have I been enraged over them or had a bad feeling about them. I never thought I'd say someone needs therapy over a hat and here I am wondering if someone does need therapy for hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty