Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 10:13 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,128,951 times

Advertisements

Tell us how you feel about John Deer or CAT hats? Offensive or trendy style?

Old 08-19-2022, 10:16 AM

1,655 posts, read 775,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
Haven’t seen them adopted by the wanna-be fashionable crowd so no opinion on those.

Old 08-19-2022, 10:59 AM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Haven’t seen them adopted by the wanna-be fashionable crowd so no opinion on those.
I live in the middle of a "wanna be fashionable" crowd and don't see any Bass Pro hats except for a few on, well, on fishermen, watermen and hunters, and even then damn few.

It's hilarious watching all those GS-14s wearing their cowboy hats and boots to a Toby Keith or Brooks and Dunn concert.

Old 08-19-2022, 11:01 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Before around 6 months ago I don’t remember seeing them….or perhaps there just wasn’t enough people wearing them to notice. Seems like the “bro” crowd would be into them.
I have seen these hats daily for years. You probably just didn't notice them. They've been around for YEARS.

Old 08-19-2022, 12:57 PM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Is this a Thing? Because I think I’ve literally never seen/noticed anyone wearing a Bass Pro hat. I also don’t hang out with people who enjoy fishing, boating, hunting, etc… so perhaps I’m not with the right audience? I do hike, but have still never seen anyone in a Bass Pro hat. And yes, I live near a Bass Pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Those hats are NOT a "fashion" thing.
They are, but more among the Gen Z crowd

https://spy.com/articles/gear/style/...nd-1202872099/

https://www.yahoo.com/video/did-6-ba...%20to%20TikTok.

Old 08-19-2022, 01:10 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:
Because not observing humans and their behaviors would be boring to me. Psychology is fun along with the human desire to be trendy — be it certain articles of clothing or tattoos or language or behavior.. Now you are trying to psychoanalyze me by asking why I care about what I care about. So I’ll turn the question around and ask why you care about what random people care about and what makes you assign descriptors like “small” and “sad” to that person’s life based on what they care about?
Soooo...is it a problem (for you) when ANYONE where's something you wouldn't be caught wearing? Is it ALWAYS a pyschological issue...to wear what you consider...I don't know...not worthy?

Because it sure seems like YOU are the one with the psychological issue when you get on your high horse over items of clothing no one cares about.

Old 08-19-2022, 01:18 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
I dislike paying money to advertise for a company on my body. That is what I think is dumb. What a coup manufacturers have pulled over our collective eyes that we pay them to advertise as we stroll around.

Feed caps, seed caps, tractor caps, Nike.....walking billboards some of us are, lol.

Old 08-19-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Soooo...is it a problem (for you) when ANYONE where's something you wouldn't be caught wearing? Is it ALWAYS a pyschological issue...to wear what you consider...I don't know...not worthy?

Because it sure seems like YOU are the one with the psychological issue when you get on your high horse over items of clothing no one cares about.
I don’t like your use of the word “problem”. Me noticing something and mentioning it on a random message board isn’t exactly what I would call a problem.

I’ve heard “panties in a wad” and it seems to fit your characterization of me noticing something like people deciding to copy each other and wear certain items of clothing. So what’s your problem?

Old 08-19-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I dislike paying money to advertise for a company on my body. That is what I think is dumb. What a coup manufacturers have pulled over our collective eyes that we pay them to advertise as we stroll around.

Feed caps, seed caps, tractor caps, Nike.....walking billboards some of us are, lol.
I’m sorta the same way. I haven’t worn anything with the name of a company across it since high school.

Old 08-19-2022, 02:05 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:
I don’t like your use of the word “problem”. Me noticing something and mentioning it on a random message board isn’t exactly what I would call a problem.

I’ve heard “panties in a wad” and it seems to fit your characterization of me noticing something like people deciding to copy each other and wear certain items of clothing. So what’s your problem?
I find it odd that you thought it worth mentioning at all...but OK. THEN you say things like "I get a bad feeling in my stomach when I see someone wearing ..." Really? A bad feeling? THAT speaks to YOUR state of mind. Not anyone else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty