Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 07:54 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,906,516 times

Advertisements

His skin looks thicker than an elephant's hide, I'm sure he can take it.

Besides if he's sensitive about these things I suggest he don't throw down then he won't have to dodge the slings and arrows of retaliatory negative opinion when he steps himself in that particular spotlight. Nobody is having a go at him for his services to humanity here.

Oh and I'm more than happy with who I see in the mirror btw, but I'm quite sure you, like Karl, don't think I should be! Not that I pay too much mind to misogynistic opinion. Well other than to ridicule it, which is as it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 07:59 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Wow!! Based on the smack talking going on here, it looks like some of you ladies are waaaaaay worse than Old Mr. Lagerfeld. I think some of YOU should take a look in the mirror. Seriously.

So what he says something that he believes to be true, and you guys disagree with him saying ho horrible he is to say that, then you turn around and say spiteful and meaner things about this man you have never met. Pot, meet kettle.
I'm not a lady myself. Most of my smack talk is filled with resentment because I'm sick of beautiful ladies going crazy with insecurity because some d-bag with a media pulpit claims to have any idea what constitutes beauty. The resultant crazy insecurity kind of depletes the whole beauty factor (if not completely erradicating it!), and while we're each responsible for our own mind, I take great joy in calling b.s. on people who fuel erroneous notions that detract from the essence of humanity.

Also, I'd assert that I'd have to make a nasty generalization about all fashion designers and people who enjoy their products for the whole pot/kettle allegory to work in this context. He's making a generalization about all who disagree with him, whereas most people on this forum are just calling him out for what he has demonstrated he is... an out-of-touch moron.

Lao Tzu, meet Confucius... not that either of us is so vain for comparison (or lacking in vanity), but just to use your username to give you a similarly expressed idea why I'm going to push my take on this no matter how much you push having less take.

As a society, we don't have room to respect people in influential positions if they attempt to push ideas that are detrimental and worthless to our overall functionality. It's important to validate ideas that harbor genuine self-improvement and realistic self image, while also helping more gullible folks see this b.s. for what it is so their gullibility can be harnessed for ideas that deserve to be heeded.

Last edited by stingraynm; 11-16-2009 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: changed "euphamism" to "allegory"... getting too word-happy. ;)

Old 11-16-2009, 08:01 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,560,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraynm View Post
I'm not a lady myself. Most of my smack talk is filled with resentment because I'm sick of beautiful ladies going crazy with insecurity because some d-bag with a media pulpit claims to have any idea what constitutes beauty. The resultant crazy insecurity kind of depletes the whole beauty factor (if not completely erradicating it!), and while we're each responsible for our own mind, I take great joy in calling b.s. on people who fuel erroneous notions that detract from the essence of humanity.

Also, I'd assert that I'd have to make a nasty generalization about all fashion designers and people who enjoy their products for the whole pot/kettle euphamism to work in this context. He's making a generalization, whereas most people on this forum are just calling him out for what he has demonstrated he is... an out-of-touch moron.

Lao Tzu, meet Confucius... not that either of us is so vain for comparison (or lacking in vanity), but just to use your username to give you a similarly expressed idea why I'm going to push my take on this no matter how much you push having less take.

As a society, we don't have room to respect people in influential positions if they attempt to push ideas that are detrimental and worthless to our overall functionality. It's important to validate ideas that harbor genuine self-improvement and realistic self image, while also helping more gullible folks see this b.s. for what it is so their gullibility can be harnessed for ideas that deserve to be heeded.

stingraynm, I think I love you! Where are all the men like you hiding?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:11 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,906,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post

LOL!! Share?

A great post, I agree. He's managed a couple of other really good ones lately and now I gotta spread the love before I can rep him again.

I have to say though my fella always makes me feel like a million bucks.

I think a lot of guys are as mystified by the "haute couture" impossible fantasy constraints placed on women as women are themselves.

Seriously. One of my partner's favorite pics of me was taken first thing in the morning while I was still bleary eyed, with bed head and resplendent in my Elmo pyjamas. That's about as far from Mr Lagerfield's faux world as it gets.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,871,858 times

My thoughts?

He should only pass "attractiveness" observations toward the gender that he has intimate relations with.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Thanks, I'm flattered.

And to answer your question, I'm sure the hiding places are various, but in my case it'd be a (twice) shy disposition, some mid-section girth, books, hiking trails, and a love affair with autonomy (which was derived from the "twice" and utilized to accept the "girth"). I really can't blame women who don't care to coax me from hiding, and I relish in finding the few who can relay a shiney-eyed smile and profound wit right through it all.

But thanks again, as I'm always pleased to get reassurance that my perspective has retained its eligibility. That's the one thing I hope to keep in good shape all the way to death.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 AM

737 posts, read 1,649,662 times

I'm not sure if Elizabeth Taylor's mom liked to hold hands but I know for a fact Elizabeth does.

(The only time I object are the photos of Celebrities or anyone else in comprised situations as in exposing a body part that was exposed by accident.) Then people post them that is just rude. ( Or in comprised situations in private that is also rude and illegal)

Last edited by Starlady01; 11-17-2009 at 05:09 AM..

Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM

737 posts, read 1,649,662 times
Yes Karl Lagerfeld jaded many of us huh!!!

Poor Models yes them also

Then he's going to talk about us. Hum

Last edited by Starlady01; 11-17-2009 at 10:51 AM..

Old 11-17-2009, 10:34 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
I'm a straight 19 year old boy (clearly not the "fat mummies" demographic), and I am not usually a huge fan of supermodel bodies most of the time either. I think that when most guys say they like supermodel type girls, it's really mostly because of their faces (if we're talking about faces, then yes, those girls are extremely beautiful facially), and since all they see are the airbrushed/photoshopped pics with "inflated" characteristics if you catch my drift. All of those girls in Victoria's Secret catalogs have really nice faces, but their bodies aren't that great in my opinion. The only supermodels whose bodies I really like are Bar something or another (she was on the SI cover recently), and some VS angel from the Netherlands (starts with a D), and surprisingly, I've heard a lot of girls claim that those two are fat/ugly.

I think you'll find that most guys like athletic bodies, not stick figures with breasts. If any of you all know who Allison Stokke is, she has basically the perfect body, and I honestly think that 75% of guys will pick a girl that looks like that over the stick-thin VS models if the face is the same. There are plenty of guys that like really, really slim girls, but I think the majority won't go for that if given the choice.

Now you're probably wondering why I'm commenting on this given that I'm a guy, but I really don't like this tall and lanky look in our society. It's not only affecting women who are self-concious enough as it is, but I've noticed a lot of guys my age are worrying about their weight or their looks now. It's not healthy, and people have to realize that everyone's genetics are different, and the key is to maximize whatever your genes allow. If you are naturally slim, try and go for that leaner look without being a toothpick, and if you're naturally bigger, go for the more muscular/athletic look without looking like a roided out freak, but don't let the media say that only one look is in, because that's not right and it's unhealthy IMO.

/rant.
I am starting to notice the manorexia trend in men-mostly younger guys. I see it on campus all of the time. Yuck!

I always hear men say they like curves, but there was a time when I was really really thin (5'8, 105 pounds, a size 0 was too big for me), and I got hit on all of the time. Now that I'm healthy at a size 6 (or fat, depending on who you ask, me or my husband LOL)...let's just say I don't turn heads like I used to.

Agree with the poster who said Karl whats-his-face looks like a garden gnome.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:00 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,558,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
This guy is just a beotchy Queen.
Really that about sums it up. LOL. A lot of fashion designers are like this. Valentino has made some really biotchy remarks about people too, I recall him calling Paris Hilton an "ugly skank" and I LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty