Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:26 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,295 times

Advertisements

I like Flagstaff, but it's the cold weather I can't stand. I only go up there during the spring and summer seasons. I do a little bit of shopping there and stop at a couple of bars there, on my way back home. But I never come during the winter season. Too damn cold for me!!!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 AM

112 posts, read 425,170 times
Nancyirwin,

You are paying too much! There are over a thousand homes on the market in Flagstaff, $325,000 for a town home is foolish. It is a buyer's market here, whole, single family homes go for less than that price! You should have offered about a $100,000 less, they would likely have taken it!

This is the problem with California investors, you pay SO much for housing there that you don't bat an eye at paying $325,000 for a townhome but the truth is, the market here is way soft, homes are sitting on the market for MONTHS. The only homes selling well are the million-dollar custom homes.

If you could get out of escrow, I would tell you to check out this market VERY CAREFULLY before paying THAT much for a townhome. The realtors here cannot be trusted to tell you the truth because they got used to the fat checks of the past two years and they like driving their hummers.

California people! Don't pay the asking price for any home in Flagstaff, offer a lot less because it is a buyer's market and homes are sitting on the market for long months and not selling. The market went from over 400 homes for sale in the first weeks of May to well over a thousand homes in the first week of June. (And that thousand+ isn't even counting the manufactured and mobile homes on the market or the many foreclosures now up for grabs.) PLEASE do your homework before buying at asking price here!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Default Razing Arizona

I am not sure why people are flocking to the dry, dusty ,places, but they are.
As a tourist , I have had some good times in the state, am still trying to get the dust out of my car , and its been 4 years !
I liked Flagstaff when I visited. Seemed like the only place that was cool enough to live , and the traffic was not bad. Scottsdale is a horrible place, no freeways, stop and go , all day long, supper hot, high prices, dusty,urban sprawl , that goes on forever.
Some nice places I visited , and could stay a while , were, Sedona, and , then Sedona, thats about it.
The lack of water , will always be a problem , as long as so many people keep moving there. It was not meant to be, that such a fragile place has become so overpopulated . What is needed is a limit put on the incoming population, and I do mean the legal incoming. The other is another problem, that just adds to the overall. California has been Arizonians own worst enemy. Instead of building more and more , they need to shut the border,tear down a lot of the infrastructure thats choking the state , and go back to a simpler way of life, that it once was. Maybe the lack of water , will someday make this mandatory , and the incoming will just keep on going to New Mexico.......that state still has some room left , and its affordable, compared to west coast standards.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:42 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzzRed View Post
Used to live in Glendale and Phoenix. Would escape to Flagstaff, for 'stress' release visits. This was in the late 80's.

Was considering it for a retirement spot, 'cause it's so beautiful. But for the cost of housing, and living, guess I will have to scratch it off the list. Still will be a place for me to visit, though. /

Have to say, I do miss, NOT having allergies, while living in Arizona.
Allergies ? I had the worst when I was in AZ. The dust , cactus flowers, and others in the winter , made me miserable !! Be around large bodies of water if you want the best environment . Water filters the air, naturally .

Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I am not sure why people are flocking to the dry, dusty ,places, but they are.
As a tourist , I have had some good times in the state, am still trying to get the dust out of my car , and its been 4 years !
I liked Flagstaff when I visited. Seemed like the only place that was cool enough to live , and the traffic was not bad. Scottsdale is a horrible place, no freeways, stop and go , all day long, supper hot, high prices, dusty,urban sprawl , that goes on forever.
Some nice places I visited , and could stay a while , were, Sedona, and , then Sedona, thats about it.
The lack of water , will always be a problem , as long as so many people keep moving there. It was not meant to be, that such a fragile place has become so overpopulated . What is needed is a limit put on the incoming population, and I do mean the legal incoming. The other is another problem, that just adds to the overall. California has been Arizonians own worst enemy. Instead of building more and more , they need to shut the border,tear down a lot of the infrastructure thats choking the state , and go back to a simpler way of life, that it once was. Maybe the lack of water , will someday make this mandatory , and the incoming will just keep on going to New Mexico.......that state still has some room left , and its affordable, compared to west coast standards.
I came here because of my stupid ex-husband wanted to move here!! That's the only reason how I ended up here!! Not my idea!!

Old 07-01-2007, 06:08 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
35 posts, read 355,868 times
Aloha
I'm still going to try to keep my sights and move on Flagstaff from Honolulu, Hawaii... Can't be any worse Hawaiian islands got way to many issues internally and government problems from locals and mainlanders and services very unprofessional well lets say weak they think there better and professional or do the local snub.. But it's a riot of a laughing joke and there so god dam slow... They actually make themselves look really stupid and actually resolved nothing but burning through time to make a pay check of of us... Not good...
Hawaiian islands you kind frind a better state with more morals and ethics and business minded with a peace of mind and tranqulity.. Hawaiian islands over rated to costly for a childs educations and the University is a joke depends on what your career choice is... Easy degree but morals and ethics is in the individual/person to make it happen at moral base standards with professionalism... You can always get bottom of the barrel **** ups with a degree or just basic lower level needs that's sketchy still...
Hawaiian islands opened it's doors and it's something ugly and fierce that they can't really control with all the new growth it's going to get uglier and it's really sad over commercialized and alot of ignorace and broken messed up people...
I pray to god Flagstaff Arizona has some ethical and more morally sound White Amercian good old fashion standards with some zest for open mindedness enough for future growth... Because the US is crapping out all over in the metropolitan areas...
Next month I'm going to go and visit to make sure Arizona is it for me

Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,333 times
We moved to Flagstaff 2 years ago. The weather is beautiful and there is plenty to do. If you like outdoor activities, it's the place to be. However, if you are a female, the women are very snotty. It is a very difficult place to devleop close female relationships. My husband and son both love it, but as for me...give me the friendly midwest.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:33 AM

17 posts, read 76,847 times
Default Dreaming of Flag

Class of 1995 N.A.U. I loved living in Flag. 3.5 years as a student.
Now im in San diego North County. Cardiff by the Sea. may move to Orange county.

I would kill for a 350K home in Flag right now. But I dont think the wife would go for it? oh well.

I work in Clinical research so its Gore or nothing i think.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii 14 1/2yrs. Raised & 7yrs. *Just moved back to mainland the Arizona area wrong area
35 posts, read 355,868 times
Aloha
Tell me you're kidding about Spokane... You must be older, I'm in my early 40's... Went through Spokane,WA around 1998 allergies were high... Nice, quaint mulberry wholesum town if you're ready to retire... Michael's by the lake is an awsome restaurant, like the only nice restraunt around... And the Coulee Dam was a great show. Wow, Soap Lake was interesting... So you're telling me Flagstaff,AZ is a smaller town than Spokane??? Or is Flagstaff,AZ just to expensive and a college town to keep the old farts young and up beat and then they want a new crew of youngsters to keep them new and hip...
Wow I'm looking forward to moving from Honolulu, Hawaii to Flagstaff, Arizona for a change of ethics, morals and new blood with hopefully innovative new minds with the old fashion flare... I hope I'm making the right move.. My other choice was Southern, Calif. which is not quite my cup of tea been there and done that...

Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 PM

64 posts, read 282,780 times
Flagstaff has the most days of below 32 degrees than any other city in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona