Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:58 AM

385 posts, read 1,112,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
That sounds quite plausible, but, would it involve a tolerance to whatever another feels like doing whether its right or wrong ? Is it biggotry to expect others to behave in a non-deviant manner which if done in large enough number, affects an entire society for the worse ? Is it 'showing love' to display tolerance toward whatever an individual or group chooses to do , or is it really apathy ? Is it considered too "Taliban-ish" for ALL people to walk the straight and narrow (which even they themselves know is the right thing to do) ? Can we have love toward a Person who is deviant but find disgust in their actions and speak out against it, or, is that being politicially IN-correct ?

Lastly, would you personally rather live in a section of Florida where EVERYONE abided by the same high and established standards of ethical and moral behaviour, or, in a section that promotes a 'whatever' display of behaviour in terms of what you EXPECT from others toward yourself ? Id just like to get your opinion. Thank you.
The "straight and narrow" is subjective, as is what constitutes being a deviant.

Social liberals tend to think that social welfare programs can help society, that homosexuals are NOT deviants and deserve equal rights, and believe the government should not start pointless, unconstitutional wars for profit like the war on Iraq. Social liberals tend to think that it is important to protect the environment, so that animals other than humans can survive, for a better quality of life, and for the longevity of the human race. Social liberals may or may not be religious, but their religious beliefs tend not to be as dogmatic as those of social conservatives.

Being socially liberal is not as much about a lack of ethics, as much as it is a more progressive set of ethics that are not as rooted in tradition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 12:04 PM

861 posts, read 1,456,082 times
Why does it seem like 99% of the people on this forum want to live in a liberal place?

Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
By your obvious hostility , you are One of many who simply havent looked at the evidence/dont care to consider it at all/ and find it more convenient to just deny it due to the threat it is to your personal life and lifestyle choices. If you ever reach the point of being a bonified honest Seeker , then youll want to check out www.impactapologetics.com for the exhaustive evidence from a historical and scientific background for God, Jesus, The Bible, the Ressurection and Absolute Moral Laws, et al. If you did, you might refrain from pretending to speak with authority on matters you know nothing about , nor really care to. When i wanted to be 'an atheist', I used to do the same thing...so I can appreciate where youre coming from. Regards. P.S. A poem for your extra-added enjoyment :

Ode to the 'Atheist'---

Once I was a Tadpole when i did begin
then I was a Frog with my tail tucked in.
Then I was a Monkey swingin' from a tree
now im a Professor with a P. H. D.

From writerjames:

There are theists on my planet
Who are murdering their friends,
And who torture their own children
For insane religious ends. People die because of witchcraft,
Maybe thousands every day -
And it’s this same kind of “faith”
That makes your neighbours kneel and pray.
Mankind has done much good which had
Religious thoughts behind it.
But sometimes there’s no harm
In calling bull**** as you find it.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:51 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,324,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFisher View Post
Why does it seem like 99% of the people on this forum want to live in a liberal place?
Because it's a hell of a lot better than living in a conservative one.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:55 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
Because it's a hell of a lot better than living in a conservative one.
That's pretty much wrong.. Most people want to live in "Safe" places... Go look at the top 25 most dangerous cities according to the FBI and I guarantee you that at least 75-80% of them are "liberal" cities that are in "liberal" states.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:06 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
That's pretty much wrong.. Most people want to live in "Safe" places... Go look at the top 25 most dangerous cities according to the FBI and I guarantee you that at least 75-80% of them are "liberal" cities that are in "liberal" states.
This makes about as much sense as your death penalty logic. I could in turn say find me the safest small cities and they be places with very high education levels which in turn would be more liberal.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
This makes about as much sense as your death penalty logic. I could in turn say find me the safest small cities and they be places with very high education levels which in turn would be more liberal.
No, it makes perfect sense. Liberals are soft on crime, which is why criminals congregate in those cities. Most "educated liberals" don't live in small cities, ever. They believe that small cities are too "country" and they don't want to live around people that are "beneath" them.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
No, it makes perfect sense. Liberals are soft on crime, which is why criminals congregate in those cities. Most "educated liberals" don't live in small cities, ever. They believe that small cities are too "country" and they don't want to live around people that are "beneath" them.
Why don't you look into crime in college towns. You are just making stuff up. Crime is directly related to the socioeconomics of an area.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Why don't you look into crime in college towns. You are just making stuff up. Crime is directly related to the socioeconomics of an area.
Exactly my point, and what do New Orleans, Memphis, Detroit, Atlanta, St. Louis, and other of America's most Dangerous cities have in common? They ALWAYS go HARD blue during an election.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Exactly my point, and what do New Orleans, Memphis, Detroit, Atlanta, St. Louis, and other of America's most Dangerous cities have in common? They ALWAYS go HARD blue during an election.
Umm. No you don't quite get the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida