Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 07:38 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple View Post
typical anti-freedom conservative republican
just like the typical anti-freedom democrat like Obama? More NSA? More drones? More warrantless wiretapping?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 07:40 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I'll wait until it happens - if it happens

Old 01-30-2014, 10:38 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,951,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
LOL...you just stated and I quote "Dude, I can get almost any drug from a dealer in less than an hour (unless they are dry which sucks)".

Most people couldn't do this if they were told "your life depends on finding illicit drugs in the next hour".

Not everybody knows drug dealers(plural). The fact that you do, and that you have such quick access to them, says a lot.
Actually it doesn't. I work in the restaurant biz so it's pretty much everywhere. But you know what, there are drug dealers on every corner when you think about it: bars, liquor stores, what's the difference really?

Quote:
who says marijuana doesn't destroy brain cells?

dude.
Speaking of destroyed brain cells...I guess you missed the part where I talk about not even using weed myself that often. However I'm very passionate about it's legalization in any form, so I guess this is a time for me to celebrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowwatertemple View Post
What does it say about a person that knows drug dealers?

Every other advertisement is for a drug, and each day medical professionals are peppered with people trying to get them to get other people to take drugs, but some noble industrious individual, making a few extra dollars by providing marijuana to the people is the idea of the brainwashed anti-marijuana crowd's idea of the worst people in the world.
Exactly, these people should get a life.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:18 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,658,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
C'mon Gov Scott, you know you wanna! we could steal a lot of business from california, seattle etc. florida also has a reputation of been a state full of old people. if gov scott wants to get the innovation bug moving here, they have to do something which will change florida's image
You mention California and Washington. I should have you know that the West Coast is very different from Florida, and Florida will never be like the West Coast.

West Coasters are more open-minded and progressive than people in Florida. There are way more laid-back, chilled-out people on the West Coast than in Florida. The West Coast has more nature lovers, earthy people, hippies, etc. It also has a counter-culture element, too. IMO, the West Coast seems much more humane than Florida, especially South Florida. All of these factors contribute to more lenient marijuana laws/policies on the West Coast that may not see the light of day in Florida for a very long time.

Oh, yeah--the state capitol of Florida is part of the Deep South cultural region.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:59 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
I lived on the West Coast and I can yes in deed it is more laid back, however to the point that you can get things done or get proper customer service. There has been many a business I walked away because they are "Clock Watchers"

The Real point of this conversation of dumbing of America. Bill O'Rielly from Fox News had a story that is directly opposite to your dated about long term Pot Smoking and over time it is detrimental to ones physical health as well as Mental health. It was a good story and this doctor did a long term clinical study on this.
What struck me was it is addictive and there is brain damage issues , like IQ levels decrease and lack of motivations smoking 1 joint for 20 years. Never mind the effects on a tenor child!

Old 01-31-2014, 06:20 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Damage done by tobacco and alcohol — the other legal drugs — costs about eight times the tax revenue it generates. Legalization advocates really need to make their argument as to why marijuana would not have its own adverse multiplier......

Legalizing marijuana has disturbing risks | Health & Fitness | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon

Old 01-31-2014, 06:28 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,148,559 times
Quote:
Damage done by tobacco and alcohol — the other legal drugs — costs about eight times the tax revenue it generates. Legalization advocates really need to make their argument as to why marijuana would not have its own adverse multiplier......

Legalizing marijuana has disturbing risks | Health & Fitness | The Register-Guard | Eugene, Oregon
Buc, put it down. Your side lost, again.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 AM

745 posts, read 1,584,391 times
marijuana should be legal everywhere. Everyone smokes it anyways. You aren't making it inaccessible by making it illegal. Think of all the billions of dollars that could be made for the economy.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:53 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
marijuana should be legal everywhere. Everyone smokes it anyways. You aren't making it inaccessible by making it illegal. Think of all the billions of dollars that could be made for the economy.
Try to follow along and maybe you can learn something - the added revenue from taxes won't amount to more than the cost to society with workplace safety, health care required for abusers, loss in productivity from the habit/addiction.

"Everyone smokes it anyway?"...... Really?

Old 01-31-2014, 07:13 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
Try to follow along and maybe you can learn something - the added revenue from taxes won't amount to more than the cost to society with workplace safety, health care required for abusers, loss in productivity from the habit/addiction.

"Everyone smokes it anyway?"...... Really?
But the point is this is already a factor as it's not going to fluctuate dramatically in terms of usage since it's fairly well-documented to be a widespread habit currently. It's more about making it accessible legally to those who want it prescribed for medical uses. Furthermore do you have any idea of the costs involved in law enforcement, the court system and our prison/corrections system under the current laws? In the year 2000 alone, Florida spent 8 Billion dollars towards Marijuana prohibition. Clearly the "war against Marijuana" is lost and efforts are better spent on prevention and prosecution of real crimes.

Costs of Marijuana Prohibition: Economic Analysis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida