Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:55 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Agree, I do not smoke as well.

As I previously stated; there are plenty of smoke free options for people, but seems some people will never be satisfied.

Reminds me of the thread that someone was complaining about driving on the beach. There are a million beaches where no driving is allowed, yet they still complain about the few that do for some reason.
Vast majority of beaches do not allow driving. Also, driving does not give other people cancer or breathing problems.

Unfortunately, most clubs and standalone bars allow smoking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
I wonder what percentage of the smoke whiners have no problem with legalizing marijuana and being in a big cloud of smoke. How many support the phony 'medicinal' legalization of marijuana.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM

13,623 posts, read 7,936,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I wonder what percentage of the smoke whiners have no problem with legalizing marijuana and being in a big cloud of smoke. How many support the phony 'medicinal' legalization of marijuana.
I agree that this is very ironic. A lot of the same people who are so adamantly against cigarettes have no problem with marijuana.

As for me, I have no problem with either.

Like I said, it's a civil liberty issue and the government has no authority over my body and what I or anyone else chooses to consume or smoke.

This is a separate issue and probably doesn't even belong in this thread, but I just thought I should also mention the fact that a lot of the most hardcore animal rights activists who think it should be illegal to step on an ant also have no problem killing human children if their birth would be an inconvenience to the mother.

I know someone will jump on me and say "a ha! you just said the government has no authority over our bodies, well what about a pregnant woman's body?"

Well, I would say that the government does not have any authority over a pregnant woman's body. But, when a woman becomes pregnant, she has another individual body inside of her, and that little person deserves equal protection as well.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Phony medical uses? Ignorant much? The clinical effects of marijuana to help glaucoma and AIDS anorexia are pretty well known.

What are the medical uses for tobacco?

Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Quit going clubbing........problem solved.

Also saves time, effort, money and headaches and smokers don't have to listen to you whine about voluntarily going into a place that YOU KNOW will have SMOKERS..........SMOKING!
No!

Why should I have to stop doing something that I love because some people in this world (smokers) want to kill others with their disgusting habit?

When we go to public places, our lungs shouldn't be at the mercy of others.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
I'm a non smoker, but I just can't get behind your rage. If someone wants to smoke, that's their problem not mine.

Find a place that doesn't allow it, they are out there, instead of trying to force your beliefs on others. In other words, "Get Over It."
I go to gay bars/clubs. There is not a SINGLE gay bar/club in the state of Florida that is smoke free.

Smoking needs to be banned so that the health of innocent people are not compromised.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I would be against it.

No, I do not smoke. But I think it is a little ridiculous to petition the government to restrict a private business because you do not like it that they allow something to occur that is legal, but you just do not agree with it.

If you do not like a business that allows smoking, then inform the business of this and after a while, the business will either change its policy, or go under. But it should be left up to the business, not the government.
If second hand smoking didn't kill people, I would agree with you. Smokers affect both their lives and everyone around them, so the government should get involved to stop them.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I go to gay bars/clubs. There is not a SINGLE gay bar/club in the state of Florida that is smoke free. Smoking needs to be banned so that the health of innocent people are not compromised.
I agree, I'm gay as well and moved back to the state from the Northeast US in late 2010. I haven't been in a gay bar here but just a couple of times since moving back. Philadelphia finally passed a smoking ban in most bars before I left a few years ago and despite bars owners wailing that it was going to wreck their business most saw an INCREASE in sales as a result. It takes a progressive mentality to pass such measures and clearly Florida doesn't have that.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 PM

552 posts, read 720,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
They should outlaw it as well in the outdoor seating in restaurants...nothing worse than getting your meal and someone lights up...here in NY it is against the law...but what they do is step outside the lines and light up...

Perhaps Bloomberg is not as crazy as he seems when he wants to stop smoking in any public place...the ensuing battle should be fun to watch...
Oh look a New Yorker telling Floridians what they should do, never seen that before.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 PM

552 posts, read 720,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Alcohol doesn't cause direct second hand effects and can be beneficial in moderation
Alcohal is responsible for way more deaths each year due to drunk driving. Nobody dies from second hand smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida