Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
I hear all of you and your pain. I moved out of S. Fl (Jupiter) in 97' to TN. I thought the taxes were bad back then, they were raising $150 a year easy.
I look back now and can't imagine how people do it! Escrows are doubling or more in a year! My folks followed me here in 2000' and now it looks like my brother and his family are soon to follow. I am in East TN and LOVE it! However it does concern me just a little bit about all those "rookies" you were speaking about coming here and trying to do the same.
I am just putting faith in the good local governments we have in place here will keep a close eye on it. I know they are already aware of possible influx and they limit the amount of building that can happen in a period of time if there are already a lot of new construction on the market, they look really hard before issuing more permits. I would hate to see this place change to much.
I wish all of you the best in your transition and feel for you.
which towns are in east TN., I want out of Fla so bad. I also have been think of moving to TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 PM

800 posts, read 3,088,979 times
For those that hate it in Florida so much, what is keeping you here? If I hated a location, I'd find a way to get out! I hope that those hating life here find a way to get out soon. Life is too short to be miserable!

For those of us the love it here, we can still enjoy the great things that brought us here in the first place.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:13 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,555 times
For some people thats easy for me its impossible, I have a 82 year old mother who has been in her home for 35 years, the doctor says if she moves she will die, so what do we do just pack up and leave her here?
I hate this state and so do my daughters for us to leave without each other would be unthinkable, we all have homes but can't afford the insurance or the high cost of electricity.
I came down in 1976 because my mother was sick and needed someone to help her, I never thought or intended it to be a life sentence and thats what it feels like. I always hoped that my sister would have relieved me of some of the care but that did not happen and now I am 60 and want to leave now worse than ever and with the increase in insurance premiums from 700.00 to over 3000.00 in three years I may wind up on the street with my four dogs in this state that you love so much.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
For some people thats easy for me its impossible, I have a 82 year old mother who has been in her home for 35 years, the doctor says if she moves she will die, so what do we do just pack up and leave her here?
I hate this state and so do my daughters for us to leave without each other would be unthinkable, we all have homes but can't afford the insurance or the high cost of electricity.
I came down in 1976 because my mother was sick and needed someone to help her, I never thought or intended it to be a life sentence and thats what it feels like. I always hoped that my sister would have relieved me of some of the care but that did not happen and now I am 60 and want to leave now worse than ever and with the increase in insurance premiums from 700.00 to over 3000.00 in three years I may wind up on the street with my four dogs in this state that you love so much.
There's always a solution, you just have to seek it out.

It's admirable that you've been caring for your mom for 30 years. It's too bad your sister didn't come to help. You are very lucky to have your mom around. Good luck!

Old 10-31-2006, 08:36 PM

75 posts, read 334,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
For those that hate it in Florida so much, what is keeping you here? If I hated a location, I'd find a way to get out! I hope that those hating life here find a way to get out soon. Life is too short to be miserable!

For those of us the love it here, we can still enjoy the great things that brought us here in the first place.

My wife likes it. The love I have for my wife and her feelings and respect for her wishes keep me here. Although she is not against a Summer home in Ontario.

Although "hate" for me would be a strong word. There are still some parts of the state I enjoy.

Last edited by BigJimSlade; 10-31-2006 at 08:48 PM..

Old 10-31-2006, 08:54 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
which towns are in east TN., I want out of Fla so bad. I also have been think of moving to TN
Check out the TN forum, there is lots of information there. East TN is from Knoxville east to VA/and NC boarders. The Tri-Cities area is Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol as the large cities with smaller ones in between.
My brother who lives in Fort Pierce Fl and all of his in-laws, are now looking to move out of Fl too.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:37 AM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Check out the TN forum, there is lots of information there. East TN is from Knoxville east to VA/and NC boarders. The Tri-Cities area is Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol as the large cities with smaller ones in between.
My brother who lives in Fort Pierce Fl and all of his in-laws, are now looking to move out of Fl too.
thanks, I just have started this search. Sure Florida has great weather,
however when the house insurance is 4000? The only carrier I found out
who will insure is citizen. It is time to move.
For me that will be a 300 per cent increase.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimSlade View Post
My wife likes it. The love I have for my wife and her feelings and respect for her wishes keep me here. Although she is not against a Summer home in Ontario.

Although "hate" for me would be a strong word. There are still some parts of the state I enjoy.
At least you are talking "summer" home in Ontario! Ontario is a lovely area in the summer. It gets pretty cold and icy there in the winter, however!

No area is perfect for everyone. That's why our country is great! The US is so large that we have so many areas to chose from!

Good luck with that summer home!

Old 11-01-2006, 05:08 AM

243 posts, read 1,097,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
I would pay twice the state taxes I do now rather than move back to that swamp. I moved to Arkansas 6 months ago and couldnt be happier. Miami is a pit. The people are horrible, the trafiic is horrible and the prices of everything are horrible. I make the same money I made in Fla but have half the bills. the people here are a million times nicer and the weather is great. I dont worry about hurricanes and this area i live in is one of the fastest growing in the country. If it werent for my family still lliving in that mess down there, I wouldnt care if the entire state dropped off and fell into the ocean. i wish i would have made this move sooner. Good Riddance.

The weather in Arkansas is great? According to your statement, you moved there 6 months ago so you therefore haven't experienced winter there yet. Report back here in January when the weather sucks and the thrill of your new move wears off. But whatever you do, don't move back here

Last edited by SunnyDog; 11-01-2006 at 05:46 AM..

Old 11-01-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDog View Post
The weather in Arkansas is great? According to your statement, you moved there 6 months ago so you therefore haven't experienced winter there yet. Report back here in January when the weather sucks and the thrill of your new move wears off. But whatever you do, don't move back here

I couldn't have said it better!!! I'm sick of people trashing our state. If you don't like it, leave. We're glad you're gone because it's one less complainer and moaner to deal with! I hope you enjoy your cold, snowy winter while we are basking in the sunshine on the beach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida