Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2019, 07:46 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times

Advertisements

I’m not sure where you live, but Florida is definitely not one vast suburb. OK, we don’t have mountains, I will give you that, but we have so many natural areas — forests, marshes, rivers, lakes, meadows, gorgeous natural springs. How about the Everglades? Or Ocala National Forest? Or Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge? Or St. Marks NWR? Or Lake Okeechobee?

We moved to Florida from Iowa and loved it because the state actually has amazing natural areas and wasn’t just one huge corn field. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 09:06 AM

8 posts, read 5,051 times
You are too young for Florida. After school, leave asap. Do not get trapped here.Theres a beautiful world waiting on you

Old 04-29-2019, 09:34 AM

The environment in Florida, is the most fragile. Lake O' - polluted, The Springs are extremely stressed & dying, as are the rivers and The Ocean. The Everglades are doomed, not to mention what the pythons are doing to it.There is blue green algae on both shores. Fish kills & dead manatees are the new norm. You are risking mrsa & flesh eating bacteria in a brackish pond or marsh.
And you are young, much of state will be underwater when you aren't.
I am a native. I live in the town where the gator attempted a home invasion last week. I know people who have contracted mrsa from the waters here. I've seen an octopus in the flooded street in Miami.
This week I've had gators, of course the resident deer, Bob cats, resident turkeys, a bob cat eating a new born deer, all in my suburban yard . Bears are overpopulated, becoming urban bears now.
We have taken their environment. Development is out of control. We are overwhelmed.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:10 AM

17,197 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbastash View Post
The environment in Florida, is the most fragile. Lake O' - polluted, The Springs are extremely stressed & dying, as are the rivers and The Ocean. The Everglades are doomed, not to mention what the pythons are doing to it.There is blue green algae on both shores. Fish kills & dead manatees are the new norm. You are risking mrsa & flesh eating bacteria in a brackish pond or marsh.
I am a native. I live in the town where the gator attempted a home invasion last week. I know people who have contracted mrsa from the waters here. I've seen an octopus in the flooded street in Miami.
This week I've had gators, of course the resident deer, Bob cats, resident turkeys, a bob cat eating a new born deer, all in my suburban yard . Bears are overpopulated, becoming urban bears now.
We have taken their environment. Development is out of control. We are overwhelmed.
LOL. What is this?

Old 04-29-2019, 06:47 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,634,171 times
Quote:

Cool story.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:26 PM

Hi, Google any part of my description of Florida (I left out politics or our open carry gun laws combined with stand your ground ) in my story, and you will get many responses. *And I got pictures. I don't get out much to other states, but can't imagine any crazier than Florida.

Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,947,113 times
Quote:
Hi, Google any part of my description of Florida (I left out politics or our open carry gun laws combined with stand your ground ) in my story, and you will get many responses. *And I got pictures. I don't get out much to other states, but can't imagine any crazier than Florida.
You do realize Florida is NOT an open carry state right??

Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 AM
aax

710 posts, read 498,036 times
Florida used to be good. Then it changed.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:10 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
Florida used to be good. Then it changed.
You're welcome to move to Mississippi or Kentucky any time you want

Old 05-05-2019, 06:39 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,476 times
My wife and I were Snowbirds for 5 yrs, got tired of the back and fourth, settled in FL, after 3 years of the endless Summer we through in the towel and moved to the mountains of WNC...
God's country.

It's the dew point that will get ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida