Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2016, 08:33 PM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I feel like a $300,000 home is strictly middle class---- again, nothing fancy. Not shabby either, but certainly not fancy
Not "fancy," but you can get a whole lot of house here for that. You can easily find a new 4,000 sqft 4 bed 3 bath with a decent yard for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 08:06 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
If I didn't live in Florida or if I snowbirded it would be to East Tennessee. I would choose to live up on Bays Mountain. Probably not want to live up there if the kids were in school because I know my guys got a much better education here in Florida than they would in that area. Love the mountains and wildlife up there. Only for me now I would probably backwards snowbird . I would be in Florida for Spring and summer . Head up to Tennessee for fall to see the beautiful Autumn leaves cover the mountains and spend Christmas up there in a log cabin with the family hoping for snow. But even then I would be heading to the beaches of South Carolina and North Carolina on a regular basis even in the cooler temps. Nah, I couldn't do it. 7-14 days and its good and I gotta get back to Florida and my beach.
I'm from east TN and I really don't get the hype. You also can't live on Bays Mountain as it's a municipal park

Most anywhere in FL will be closer to major cities, services, etc., than in east TN. I live in Kingsport and it's two hours to Knoxville, four and a half to Nashville, three and a half to Charlotte. Want to go to a sporting event other than a low level college game? It's an all day ordeal. Pro sports? Better be ready to drive 400 miles! Have a major medical issue not treatable locally? You're likely going hundreds of miles away to Duke or Vanderbilt.

FL is a huge, diverse state with many different areas and cultures to fit almost any taste. That doesn't mean it's perfect, but there are a lot of options, far more than exist in Tennessee.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:32 AM

261 posts, read 261,117 times
Who cares about pro sports! Florida has no good teams anyway! Sit in traffic for two hours to watch the Tampa Bay Lightening play! like who cares! But For what! The jags are terrible, the bucs are terrible, the dolphins are horrid. The rays stadium is stuck in 1989. Come on man! I agree Florida State and Florida have good college programs but from Tampa thats just as far as your saying from Vandy Duke or Kentucky to kingsport! and Vandy wasn't ever relevant in any sport!

Last edited by paradiselost; 10-28-2016 at 10:45 AM..

Old 10-28-2016, 10:36 AM

261 posts, read 261,117 times
Florida is turning into a joke. Especially Tampa and Orlando its the most dangerous place to drive in the Country!

Old 10-28-2016, 11:43 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
Florida is turning into a joke. Especially Tampa and Orlando its the most dangerous place to drive in the Country!
Do you have a link to any recent studies to back up your dangerous places to drive statement.?

How about how FL is turning into a joke?

I know you lived in the Tampa area but your knowledge of the state of FL is nil.

It never ceases to amaze me how those who couldnt cut it in FL and moved away come back to the FL forums to tell us how FL is such a horrible place to live, especially the Tampa area. Seems people just cant put behind them. After all, before they moved here FL was it all. After failing miserably it becomes the worst place to be.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:45 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
and now the sounds of silence as trolls never respond to requests to back up their claims further burying their already dead reputation.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:15 PM

782 posts, read 760,055 times
Quote:
Who cares about pro sports! Florida has no good teams anyway! Sit in traffic for two hours to watch the Tampa Bay Lightening play! like who cares! But For what! The jags are terrible, the bucs are terrible, the dolphins are horrid. The rays stadium is stuck in 1989. Come on man! I agree Florida State and Florida have good college programs but from Tampa thats just as far as your saying from Vandy Duke or Kentucky to kingsport! and Vandy wasn't ever relevant in any sport!
Ever been to a Marlin's game when the Yankees, Red Sox or Phillies are not in town? Insert Cricket Sound here>>>

Even the new stadium they built is never filled, empty seats and even a worse location than Miami Gardens in terms of access and parking.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I still think SoFla is the worse place to drive in all of FL.

Old 10-28-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
and now the sounds of silence as trolls never respond to requests to back up their claims further burying their already dead reputation.
Maybe it's because nobody can win an argument with you since you are are always right and everyone else doesn't know anything.

Old 10-28-2016, 07:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
Maybe it's because nobody can win an argument with you since you are are always right and everyone else doesn't know anything.
In this case, she is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida