Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 05:43 PM

295 posts, read 355,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yup, not even golf courses....

Giant Alligator Spotted on Florida Golf Course
That is hands down True Florida. Another reason why Cali is Best.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 PM

782 posts, read 759,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
That response explains why the California Grizzly Bear is extinct, and on the flipside the American Alligator that was saved from extinction.

People's perception of Alligators is quite pitiful, I saw small 4 and 6 footers removed from a lake near our house and euthanized just because some ignoramus called the HOA and complained and thought it was threat to their Tea Cup Yorkie that they let walk down by the lake to pinch a loaf without a leash. Most of these gators were not a threat and were scared of people and would keep their distance.

When I first moved here, that's all I heard from Native Californians for the first few months, "Gators', oh they scare me but yet they are out surfing with Great White Sharks at the same time.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:41 PM

295 posts, read 355,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aewan68 View Post
That response explains why the California Grizzly Bear is extinct, and on the flipside the American Alligator that was saved from extinction.

People's perception of Alligators is quite pitiful, I saw small 4 and 6 footers removed from a lake near our house and euthanized just because some ignoramus called the HOA and complained and thought it was threat to their Tea Cup Yorkie that they let walk down by the lake to pinch a loaf without a leash. Most of these gators were not a threat and were scared of people and would keep their distance.

When I first moved here, that's all I heard from Native Californians for the first few months, "Gators', oh they scare me but yet they are out surfing with Great White Sharks at the same time.
Aewan - It is absolutely dangerous to have mini dinosaurs aka alligators in a golf course or even in the swamp lands.

The more everyone reads about FL, the more they realize why FL and CA are two total different states - If California was a Range Rover (which are common throughout CA from Redding to San Diego), Florida would be a motorcycle

Old 03-26-2017, 08:28 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Weird criteria..... alligators are fine and have a natural fear of humans, until dumb ones start feeding them.

Cali is great if you want insane housing costs, lots of taxes and nanny state regulations, but also beautiful weather, mountains, sequoias etc.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:43 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I think Florida is a beautiful state and I seriously looked into it as a retirement destination since I'm also a sailor. It took just one Google search to turn me off. Google "Florida Bugs". Oh my holy God, I couldn't believe some of the bugs you folks have. Flying Cockroaches ??? I moved from Ohio to L.A. 40 years ago and I have yet to see (or hear buzzing in my ear at night) a mosquito, let alone these monsters you all put up with. That did it for me, I'm staying in L.A..
I've seen scarier bugs in NC and larger roaches in New York.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Aewan - It is absolutely dangerous to have mini dinosaurs aka alligators in a golf course or even in the swamp lands.
Lol you must troll harder with me Young Skywalker.

No, it's not dangerous at all, dangerous Dogs kill more people than Alligators in the US without comparison annually. The only time Alligators become a problem is when people feed them, which is illegal, and then they become what is defined as a nuisance and/or threat thanks to dumb people they are then trapped and euthanized.

Point is, the fact the American Alligator is not extinct is a big success story.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
I'd rather have thousands of alligators in lakes then thousands of homeless people breakig into my car, trashing parks, pooping on the sidewalks etc.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:14 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,523,924 times
Quote:

The more everyone reads about FL, the more they realize why FL and CA are two total different states - If California was a Range Rover (which are common throughout CA from Redding to San Diego), Florida would be a motorcycle
Yes, we are two different states, you guys ruined your state and now trying to bring your bull sh*t here. Not gonna happen buddy.
Learn to swim!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E8vmaj75xzE

Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Oh, I would rather deal with alligators that move away from humans, than the huge number of homeless in CA that accost everyone and make the whole area stink. Note, native Californian and am moving to FL.

Had enough of the disaster CA has become. Used to be the Golden State now it is the Fools Gold State.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Oh, I would rather deal with alligators that move away from humans, than the huge number of homeless in CA that accost everyone and make the whole area stink. Note, native Californian and am moving to FL.

Had enough of the disaster CA has become. Used to be the Golden State now it is the Fools Gold State.
So you made up your mind? You sure the humidity won't make you too sweaty and those mosquitoes won't eat you up? That's what I heard from natives here, "I bet you are happy to be out of the swamp?" also heard this "I don't know how people can live there".

Gators have fed on homeless in FL, true story.

Officials ID homeless man eaten by gators in Florida canal | WFLA.com

I don't see homeless in my area here, but I know where to go to see them, parts of Vista and Oceanside. They usually hangout near in Vista near the Sprinter Station in the woods.

According to the stats, there are only around 9K homeless in San Diego County (rounded up), I'm guessing the majority are in SD City.

Poverty: 10 Cities With the Most Homeless People

Still nothing in CA I saw so far matches what I saw in NYC for homeless or the level of poverty I saw in the Detroit, areas of the Northeast, Southeast in both rural and metro areas. Also West Virginia was very bad. Homeless is one thing, but Poverty and blight, urban decay can effect your view and it's a major eyesore, you will see it in FL prepare yourself. Florida ranks below CA in Poverty believe it or not.

A few years ago FL was ranked #3 for Homeless, I saw them daily in parts of Palm Beach County, they would panhandle at the stop lights and lived in what wooded areas they could find left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02sAYGl6uew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida