Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 09:03 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,008 times

Advertisements

So she insulted 31.5 million Americans. That doesn't qualify as divisive?

Old 10-04-2020, 10:14 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
So she insulted 31.5 million Americans. That doesn't qualify as divisive?
Not when it's true.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 AM

285 posts, read 228,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
When President Trump calls people names, it's his political adversaries. Hillary called Trump's SUPPORTERS deplorables. In my opinion, she is the one who started the great divide we're experiencing today.

Nothing truer can be said, you are correct. I'm not surprised at Rodham, I knew her when I was living in Little Rock, and she managed to alienate numerous Arkansas voters as well, on many issues. Even then was a card carrying coke-bottle-wearing leftist, and only cosmetically changed when Bill lost against Frank White, only then Rodham agreed to change her name to Clinton, and turn into a "southerner" ( but she too is from Chicago). I know all about Rodham. Spent a lot of time with Charlie D., Sheffield N., Larry G. (ASPolice), Asa, Lasater, and Roger Clinton around Shorty Small's and of the Copper Door ! LOL Know them all lol.

Last edited by CVPFord; 10-04-2020 at 11:11 AM..

Old 10-04-2020, 01:38 PM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVPFord View Post
Nothing truer can be said, you are correct. I'm not surprised at Rodham, I knew her when I was living in Little Rock, and she managed to alienate numerous Arkansas voters as well, on many issues. Even then was a card carrying coke-bottle-wearing leftist, and only cosmetically changed when Bill lost against Frank White, only then Rodham agreed to change her name to Clinton, and turn into a "southerner" ( but she too is from Chicago). I know all about Rodham. Spent a lot of time with Charlie D., Sheffield N., Larry G. (ASPolice), Asa, Lasater, and Roger Clinton around Shorty Small's and of the Copper Door ! LOL Know them all lol.
Y'all really need to get over this. I know it's traumatic that a woman DARED to vie for the presidency four years ago.

But she lost the election. She was never a president of the united states. She never had the responsibility that the actual president of the united states has.

Your boy, however, does. HE has to live up to a higher standard. If the best you can say about his behavior is "well she was mean too!" then you need to reconsider your standards. They're pretty deplorable.

Old 10-05-2020, 01:57 AM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
The interesting thing about FL is liberals and conservatives are about even and spread out all over the state.

Here in SWFL the population is older, yet it's not super heavy Republican like North FL.

I'm from Missouri and outside of FOUR counties in the entire state it's all Republican and most of the counties are total domination where they don't even run democrats for many offices.

The southern half of Missouri has ONE democrat in the entire general assembly and she's from near the university in Springfield. Most of the counties in Missouri were 70 percent or more for Trump as well.

My county, Charlotte County is about 55 percent Republican voting typically. I run into my share of liberals here in SWFL. In Missouri outside of stl, KC or Columbia that's unheard of for most counties now.

Where the Villages is located, Marion and Lake counties Trump won with about 60 percent of the vote. I wouldn't call that super conservative when places in states like Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Idaho, etc. had lots of counties where it was over 70 percent.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:13 AM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
The interesting thing about FL is liberals and conservatives are about even and spread out all over the state.

Here in SWFL the population is older, yet it's not super heavy Republican like North FL.

I'm from Missouri and outside of FOUR counties in the entire state it's all Republican and most of the counties are total domination where they don't even run democrats for many offices.

The southern half of Missouri has ONE democrat in the entire general assembly and she's from near the university in Springfield. Most of the counties in Missouri were 70 percent or more for Trump as well.

My county, Charlotte County is about 55 percent Republican voting typically. I run into my share of liberals here in SWFL. In Missouri outside of stl, KC or Columbia that's unheard of for most counties now.

Where the Villages is located, Marion and Lake counties Trump won with about 60 percent of the vote. I wouldn't call that super conservative when places in states like Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Idaho, etc. had lots of counties where it was over 70 percent.
Within the boundaries of the Villages (not the non-Villages real estate), it's around 80% trump supporting. Or it was. I've seen a LOT of Biden/Harris bumper stickers and signs and even banners and flags lately. It's still a pretty large majority of trump supporters. But that majority is getting smaller and smaller by the day.

Me personally - not a Democrat. Not a Republican. Left-leaning but within the defined (not perceived) category of "moderate." Somewhat progressive, fiscally conservative, socially liberal.

Old 10-05-2020, 08:17 AM

285 posts, read 228,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post

Me personally - not a Democrat. Not a Republican. Left-leaning but within the defined (not perceived) category of "moderate." Somewhat progressive, fiscally conservative, socially liberal.

Well, by your own description, i.e. "left leaning", you're a typical Democrat voter. No Republican would ever describe themselves as "left LEANING" LOL are you nuts? I don't think anyone buys this BS from any likely voter! not to mention the nomenclature and use of the term "progressive" in ANY context in re Republican values.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:29 AM

468 posts, read 465,572 times
IMHO it is a shame that anyone contemplating a move to the Villages or any community anywhere would have to worry about the political bent of their neighbors. I've lived in several states in my lifetime and I've never had an issue with this. I have had many neighbors over the years and I never discussed politics with any of them. I've seen political signs go up from the various parties but, after the election was over, that was the end of it. I've never been to the Villages but if it is, in fact, that political then I think I'd have to pass on living there regardless of which way it leaned. It would be a boring world if we all had to think alike and vote alike.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:35 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veniceman View Post
IMHO it is a shame that anyone contemplating a move to the Villages or any community anywhere would have to worry about the political bent of their neighbors. I've lived in several states in my lifetime and I've never had an issue with this. I have had many neighbors over the years and I never discussed politics with any of them. I've seen political signs go up from the various parties but, after the election was over, that was the end of it. I've never been to the Villages but if it is, in fact, that political then I think I'd have to pass on living there regardless of which way it leaned. It would be a boring world if we all had to think alike and vote alike.
People generally like to be around others who share their values. That's a good thing. Just like I would have no interest in living in San Francisco or Portland. That doesn't bother me, I think it's good that we have areas with distinct personalities that appeal to different people. The real issue is basically what you see in the video, happy people with similar values having a fun and positive parade, and others screaming vulgarity at them and trying to change them. Clearly, if someone is that angry with the culture in that area, it's probably not the place to be for them.

Old 10-05-2020, 11:21 AM

468 posts, read 465,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
People generally like to be around others who share their values. That's a good thing. Just like I would have no interest in living in San Francisco or Portland. That doesn't bother me, I think it's good that we have areas with distinct personalities that appeal to different people. The real issue is basically what you see in the video, happy people with similar values having a fun and positive parade, and others screaming vulgarity at them and trying to change them. Clearly, if someone is that angry with the culture in that area, it's probably not the place to be for them.
I guess I'm fortunate that my neighbors do not behave that way. Certainly I wouldn't want a neighbor who was threatening me with vulgar language. I think I'll stay in my 'hood in Venice far away from the Villages. I have no idea what my neighbors political values are. We never discuss politics. I do have one neighbor who lived under communism for 20 years and he's not enamored of that system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida