Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 10:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Funny I see a Republicans for Biden yard signs now.
No sane Democrat or Republican actually thinks Biden can or will be POTUS. Any "signs" or indications of voting for him are solely anti Trump and counting on the DNC to carry the load. Since I don't trust the DNC I'll be voting for Trump.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:56 AM

3,438 posts, read 2,414,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No sane Democrat or Republican actually thinks Biden can or will be POTUS. Any "signs" or indications of voting for him are solely anti Trump and counting on the DNC to carry the load. Since I don't trust the DNC I'll be voting for Trump.
Well considering most people in this country want to get the incumbent tossed out, and Biden has the best chance of actually beating him in an election (since other candidates are either non-existent or unknown by even 1/4 of the population, thus resulting in zero chance of winning), it's pretty much a given that he can absolutely positively win.

What's more, he was VP for 8 years, which means he actually WOULD have been President, if anything had happened to Obama during the time Obama was President.

So it's a given:
He CAN be president. He's already proven that he is qualified to do so.
He COULD be president. Enough of the popular vote are squarely against the incumbent, with Biden the only option known to the popular vote.
There are also enough people who aren't Democrats, who don't give a flying fig what party Biden belongs to, but are voting for him because they actually like what he has already done as VP, with regards to policies, procedures, and other official government responsibilities.

I'm one of those people who doesn't care what party he belongs to. And trump is not, nor has he ever been, an actual Republican. He has turned that party into the joke of politics, because they keep standing by him when he slaps their ideals in the face at every turn.

Old 10-07-2020, 09:04 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Obama: “Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f*** things up."

Old 10-10-2020, 09:00 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Default Even in the Villages: Women live longer than men & older women dislike condescending, misogynistic males

An AP story today focuses on the Presidential campaign in The Villages, explaining why senior women are disproportionately Biden/Harris supporters.

<<She’s seen research that shows a softening in Trump’s older base, both nationally and in Florida — especially with women.

“That’s the group that’s leaving Trump,” she said. “And it’s because of his demeanor, more than his policies. For older women, especially. They went through the battles. They frankly do not appreciate the demeaning of women. More than that, they’re thinking of their children and their grandchildren.”>>

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senior-wa...043109910.html

So President Trump labeling Kamala Harris a "monster" after the VP debate may have been detrimental to his reelection chances even though it was more red meat for his base.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=73498918

<<President Donald Trump's reaction to Kamala Harris following her debate performance against Vice President Mike Pence was as virulent as it was predictable. On Fox Business News Thursday Trump said of Harris: "She was terrible. She was, I don't think you could get worse, and totally unlikeable. And she is, she's a communist. This monster that was onstage with Mike Pence – who destroyed her last night, by the way – this monster, she says, ‘no no, there won’t be fracking,’ there won’t be this. Everything she said is a lie."

From "Grab them by the p----" to countless attacks against Hillary Clinton, Trump has a long history of verbally assaulting women with language – sometimes coded, sometimes not – that is often viewed both as racist, misogynistic or both.>>

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/lx/mo...women/2343750/

Similarly, Trump's attacks on Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer immediately AFTER the arrests of her alleged kidnap plotters, perhaps also did not play well with senior women.

<<On Thursday, instead of specifically condemning the groups that allegedly hatched an elaborate plot to abduct Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and instigate a civil war, Trump went after the governor for not easing coronavirus restrictions in her state.>>

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/09/polit...der/index.html

According to today's AP article on The Villages current political scene, Trump's COVID-19 policy debacle, especially his promotion of an anti-mask culture, plays poorly among the seniors there.

<<About 93% of Florida’s 15,100 deaths from the virus have been people 55 and older, and many are scared — and enraged.

“The whole virus thing has hit really hard here,” said Branscome, who pointed out that almost everyone in The Villages moved there from somewhere else. “We can’t go see our families because of COVID. I’m not seeing an end to it. There is no plan. Biden has a plan. He wears a mask. It gives us hope.”

In recent weeks, Morrill watched as Trump announced he was infected with COVID-19, left the hospital days later and dramatically removed his mask upon his return to the White House.

She seethed.>>

Trump's many statements about the relatively lesser impact of COVID-19 infections on younger Americans, combined with anti-mask and social distancing mantra, also may be interpreted as dismissal of the value of senior lives, according to the AP article:

<<“I do think there has been an attitude: ‘Well, it’s not that important to keep them alive and well. If we can’t, well, that’s too bad. Nice knowing you, bye,’” he said.>>

Remember also that today's seniors grew up during the Vietnam War and experienced the many deceptions of Presidents Johnson and Nixon and other politicians that were so detrimental to their lives and the lives of their peers. Unlike younger Americans, they may be more inoculated against Trump's "Big Lie" propaganda techniques of repeated falsehoods divorced from obvious reality. The political civil war during the Vietnam War era was even more intense than the hard feelings and divergence present today, and certainly more generational with the Baby Boomers pitted against the World War II generations. Those young anti-war, pro-civil rights Baby Boomers are today's seniors, even though they grown more politically conservative as they've aged.

Although not mentioned in the article, I wonder if senior women are more concerned about climate change given their focus on the futures of their children and grandchildren. If so, they likely especially despise Trump/Republican "hoax" climate change propaganda.

Last edited by WRnative; 10-10-2020 at 09:26 AM..

Old 10-10-2020, 03:04 PM

...and yet, those who reject facts will insist that he's merely "telling it like it is" and admiring him for it.

He's telling it like it is in the drug-addled psychiatric mess that might possibly have once been his brain, though there are doubts about its history as well.

Old 10-13-2020, 05:10 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times
Pigs will always vote for the farmer that feeds them, not realizing that he intends to kill and eat them.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:22 PM

41 posts, read 34,593 times
I'm an older retired military type and believe in the law and rules to live by. How else can we have order if there are no rules or law? Moreover, I believe in the Constitution and it isn't broke and has worked and I don't like Antifa or BLM to riot because they don't like things the way they are. They riot, loot, burn, encourage the death of police officers and think that is the way to change things. Well, its up to congress and the state legislatures to change the laws, not them and certainly by destroying businesses or public property that the taxpayers have to pony up the money to repair of replace.
I can live with virtually anyone as long as they are decent human beings-or I can ignore them as the case may be. I don't like endless wars and the expenditure of our youth and resources ad I blame congress for the wars and for the mess our nation is in currently. They are ruining our country and have been since the early sixties all for the sake of money. They favor foreign nations over our own citizens as evidenced by the recent ”stimulus Bill.” Yes, I'm a Conservative, Christian, patriot, veteran and not a member of the NRA but they can say that they'll put Christians on the terror watch list because we don't believe in alternative ”lifestyles.” The Democrats have also threatened patriots, veterans who have literally given their all for this country. I served and my brother served and he lost his life in Vietnam and then my son lost his life in the Air Force. I am now in the sunset of my years and liberals will be glad to see me and my kind go. I know where I am going but they are undecided.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That aged well.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:26 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,784,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiedorite View Post
I'm an older retired military type and believe in the law and rules to live by. How else can we have order if there are no rules or law? Moreover, I believe in the Constitution and it isn't broke and has worked and I don't like Antifa or BLM to riot because they don't like things the way they are. They riot, loot, burn, encourage the death of police officers and think that is the way to change things. Well, its up to congress and the state legislatures to change the laws, not them and certainly by destroying businesses or public property that the taxpayers have to pony up the money to repair of replace.
I can live with virtually anyone as long as they are decent human beings-or I can ignore them as the case may be. I don't like endless wars and the expenditure of our youth and resources ad I blame congress for the wars and for the mess our nation is in currently. They are ruining our country and have been since the early sixties all for the sake of money. They favor foreign nations over our own citizens as evidenced by the recent ”stimulus Bill.” Yes, I'm a Conservative, Christian, patriot, veteran and not a member of the NRA but they can say that they'll put Christians on the terror watch list because we don't believe in alternative ”lifestyles.” The Democrats have also threatened patriots, veterans who have literally given their all for this country. I served and my brother served and he lost his life in Vietnam and then my son lost his life in the Air Force. I am now in the sunset of my years and liberals will be glad to see me and my kind go. I know where I am going but they are undecided.
Can you provide any source for this?

Old 01-01-2021, 05:45 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Can you provide any source for this?
I'm sure there's a perfectly nice OAN or Newsmax article claiming that this is the plan, fanning the vapors at the conservative snowflakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida