Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 07:46 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huitrecouture View Post

And NO, Florida is not "constantly reinventing itself" wtf.
If it wasn’t, public buildings would still be doing the three restroom thing here- white women, white men, and all ‘coloreds’. (There were some interesting local discussions about this when the Crestview courthouse, built in those long ago times of 1960 and demolished a few years back for hazmat reasons, had that configuration upon completion)

So you want to go back to those ‘good old days’? Good to know.

I do think the mods are trying to walk the line in terms of allowing political content that directly impacts local everyday life. I mean the Escambia County school board just banned a bunch of books from high school libraries because it came down to board members thinking that gay people are icky and that kind of thing does matter for a lot of people when it comes to deciding where someone wants to live and send their kids to school.

Old 11-05-2022, 02:45 PM

453 posts, read 301,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
If it wasn’t, public buildings would still be doing the three restroom thing here- white women, white men, and all ‘coloreds’. (There were some interesting local discussions about this when the Crestview courthouse, built in those long ago times of 1960 and demolished a few years back for hazmat reasons, had that configuration upon completion)

So you want to go back to those ‘good old days’? Good to know.

I do think the mods are trying to walk the line in terms of allowing political content that directly impacts local everyday life. I mean the Escambia County school board just banned a bunch of books from high school libraries because it came down to board members thinking that gay people are icky and that kind of thing does matter for a lot of people when it comes to deciding where someone wants to live and send their kids to school.
Good example of highly charged personal attack ridiculous claim and content that doesn't belong here.

Because for SURE If anyone tried to respond and correct you, THEY'D be the ones punished.

First let's start with you not understanding the legal role of a school board.

Second the ridiculous claim with the "gays are icky" crap. I guess that was a different guy than the guy who made them remove the Bible because of "examples of eating children" and indoctrination into Christianity.

Care to continue your whataboutism? Cuz I'm definitely better at it.

Third your complete inaccurate reporting of the issue - the BOOK ISSUE is not even resolved in that county yet and is occuring all over the country. You'll find out after Tuesday.

I'm too bored to even answer you seriously any more.

Last edited by huitrecouture; 11-05-2022 at 02:59 PM..

Old 11-05-2022, 02:52 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,409,977 times
Quote:
Good example of highly charged personal attack ridiculous claim and content that doesn't belong here.

Because for SURE If anyone tried to respond and correct you, THEY'D be the ones punished.

First let's start with you not understanding the legal role of a school board.

Second the ridiculous claim with the "gays are icky" crap.

Third your complete inaccurate reporting of the issue - the BOOK ISSUE is not even resolved in that county yet and is occuring all over the country. You'll find out after Tuesday.

If you have a problem with a post and feel it violates the rules, there's a "report" button on the upper right of the offending post. You can report it, and the moderators will moderate.

Perhaps you weren't aware of that, since every one of your posts in this thread is telling the readers about posts you believe violate the rules.

Hope that helps!

Old 11-05-2022, 04:11 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,839,738 times
Quote:
Second the ridiculous claim with the "gays are icky" crap. I guess that was a different guy than the guy who made them remove the Bible because of "examples of eating children" and indoctrination into Christianity.

Care to continue your whataboutism? Cuz I'm definitely better at it.

Book issue- ‘Perks of Being a Wallflower’ is resolved and banned in the district-

https://weartv.com/news/local/the-pe...exual-content#

Quote:
"What is the level of decency in this district? What's our standard for ensuring good conduct and manners for our students, when I can't even repeat some of the stuff that is here into this mic, or I wouldn't because of the values I have," Kevin Adams, School Board member said. "Our decency standards are not high when we allow this type of inappropriate material -- content in our district."
https://weartv.com/news/local/anything#

Quote:
"I was probably five feet from Governor DeSantis today who made it very clear to me how he felt about some of this stuff," Adams said. "I wondered why so many students had mental health issues and disciplinary problems, bad disciplinary problems. I believe they're being poisoned by what they hear and what they read."
Quote:
"Education is not meant to help children with the world. That's not educators jobs, they're not there to prepare them morally for what they're gonna face in society," another parent said. "We need magistrates that will fear God and stand up for what God says is right."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida